Origins of B40 A118 cameras?

So I guess the most likely answer to the question of where the B40 reference design came from then, is by someone within the industry close to or within either Novatek or Aptina, and as a way to sell more of those chips and sensors! (follow the money!) ;)

not at all, they make the design and it's up to the potential buyer as to which direction it might go, often they are made to suit multiple hardware versions

Not surprised. I do work in electronics and have seen a lot of that, although I haven't really done circuit and chip level stuff in years.

So I guess the most likely answer to the question of where the B40 reference design came from then, is by someone within the industry close to or within either Novatek or Aptina, and as a way to sell more of those chips and sensors! (follow the money!) ;)

There are a lot of enterprising people in China.

not at all, they make the design and it's up to the potential buyer as to which direction it might go, often they are made to suit multiple hardware versions
Okay so.... NOT an open source type of project at all, and NOT an industry supported or sponsored reference design to help sell more chips. It was a person or a small company that happened to come up with pretty workable design that other companies acquired and then went in their own directions with it.:p

Back