Panorama X2 Firmware Upgrade Problems

CathJMJ

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am attempting to upgrade from 1.02.04 to 1.02.05 yet when I press Update, nothing happens.

I have installed various versions of the firmware as it came out on this camera with success. I have tried 1.02.05 with both the Lexar L633R cards and the Transcend microSD cards (64GB). I have tried formatting FAT32 and exFAT both in the computer and camera along with guiformat.

Additionally, there is no rear camera recording. Maybe the camera doesn't recognize the rear sd card so it won't update since it thinks the card isn't there.

Anybody have any ideas?

If you get no rear recordings on the rear camera on any firmware it sounds like potentially something else is wrong. I'll send a PM for direct support.

When you press "update" and nothing happens, swap memory cards between slots and try again. Let us know how did it help or not.

Swapping sd cards between slots didn't work either. I tried different cards as well.

I only had one report of a stuck X2 firmware in the past several months ago, and when I got it, the update worked fine for me in the lab. I'll report how your old one behaves for me once it arrives.

I am attempting to upgrade from 1.02.04 to 1.02.05 yet when I press Update, nothing happens.

This is one of the problems I encountered, it was caused by fake memory cards. The X2 sees the update file exists in the file system table, but when it tries to read the file, fake memory cards return empty data.

Try formatting the cards before putting the update file on them, this will ensure the update file is saved in the legit part of the memory; also check and replace your memory cards with genuine cards.

Right. Already did all of that with no success. Camera has been sent to Pier28.

Back