Panorama X2 User Manual (PDF Instructions)

Page 16:
Change "Memory car format" to "Format microSD card(s)"

Page 19:
Change "Micro-SD" to "MicroSD"

Page 24:
Change "Do not operate the power off during the firmware upgrade!!!!" to "Ensure the vehicle is started and do not disconnect or turn the power off during the firmware upgrade process!!!!"
Q - Do these devices have a boot loader to recover in the event of lost power similar to what Ambarella devices can do via USBDirect?

I'll stop there for other folks to join in :)

Page 10:
Change warings to warnings
Should "Never place the blackbox in close proximity to electric devices " be "Never place the blackbox in close proximity to other electric devices or magnetic sources" ?
Change warrenty to warranty

Page 11:
Change "Use only included power adaptor. " to "Only use the supplied power adaptor."
Not sure what this means: "Do not allow flammable substances or electric devices. " Maybe near the device?
Change "An interference and compatibility " to "Interference and compatibility "
Change "It may cause the image be distorted. " to "It may cause the image to be distorted."
Change SD to microSD

Page 14:
Change "using included power adaptor." to "using the supplied power adaptor."
Maybe change "Please arrange the wires and make connections that won't disturbing driving." to "Please use a qualified auto-electrician to install the unit to the vehicle power and ensure the wires and connections allow safe driving with no obstructions."

Page 16:
Change "Memory car format" to "Format microSD card(s)"

Page 19:
Change "Micro-SD" to "MicroSD"

Page 24:
Change "Do not operate the power off during the firmware upgrade!!!!" to "Ensure the vehicle is started and do not disconnect or turn the power off during the firmware upgrade process!!!!"
Q - Do these devices have a boot loader to recover in the event of lost power similar to what Ambarella devices can do via USBDirect?

I'll stop there for other folks to join in :)

Wow you're on fire thanks! Done and Done
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ae4a6nimq6d9kvu/panoramaX2_Eng_manual DRAFT #5.pdf?dl=0

page 27 - * The X2 will recognize a pre-formatted memory cards. (will recognize pre-formatted memory cards)
page 27 - * It is recommended that <32GB microSD memory cards be
formatted in the blackbox (shouldn't this be changed to reference larger memory cards?)

page 30 - under specifications and "impact sensor", should read "Bosch 3G Sensor"

page 27 - * The X2 will recognize a pre-formatted memory cards. (will recognize pre-formatted memory cards)
page 27 - * It is recommended that <32GB microSD memory cards be
formatted in the blackbox (shouldn't this be changed to reference larger memory cards?)

page 30 - under specifications and "impact sensor", should read "Bosch 3G Sensor"

Done and Done thanks
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3coylgi3pvof1h/panoramaX2_Eng_manual DRAFT #6.pdf?dl=0

This is great, looking forward to seeing the X2 as it's on my list of a dual cam. Not to rock the boat but I do want to point out that it's best to keep the sentences short and simple in the manual. I know for myself, I wouldn't want to read and read. I often compare it with watching foreign films, for those who are familiar, short subs work far better than a literal exact translation. I'll take a look and try to help out as well.

Page 6, under Important Note.

Recommend change from...

"The components of this manual may differ actual components after production."

To...

"The components shown are subject to change."

This is great, looking forward to seeing the X2 as it's on my list of a dual cam. Not to rock the boat but I do want to point out that it's best to keep the sentences short and simple in the manual. I know for myself, I wouldn't want to read and read. I often compare it with watching foreign films, for those who are familiar, short subs work far better than a literal exact translation. I'll take a look and try to help out as well.

Page 6, under Important Note.

Recommend change from...

"The components of this manual may differ actual components after production."

To...

"The components shown are subject to change."

Done thanks!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tkahh5xnakdbbp/panoramaX2_Eng_manual DRAFT #7.pdf?dl=0

I went through the whole manual. Here are some of my suggestions. If you follow page by page, you should see where my recommendations go and the text it replaces.

page 3

1. Automatic recording
6. Record up to 6 hours using a 32GB memory card
7. Built-in G-sensor
9. Parking mode (power control)

page 4

I recommend a space after the numbers, so instead of 2.Loop Recording, use 2. Loop recording
I recommend putting a space after the words and the (). For example, instead of Front View(Lens), use Front View (Lens)

page 7

Under 1.

Stops recording and autosaves after power is off

The following indicate continuous recording time.

under 2.

Ex: Once card capacity is reached, the oldest recording will be overwritten by new recording.

under 4.

- Records 30 frames per second at 1920x1080 (FullHD)
- Recording gap between files is approx. 0.1 second

page 8

under 7.

If the G-sensor is triggered, the current file will be protected (locked) and will not be overwritten.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Formatting memory card WILL DELETE all files including protected files, save and back up all files prior to formatting card.

under 8.

vehicle is misspelled in last sentence.

under 9.

The X2 contains two separate memory card slots. A microSD card must be inserted in each slot to record both front and rear cameras.

page 10

under 1.

Avoid placement AND use of the X2 in excessive heat or in direct sunlight. If left in such conditions, allow unit to cool down before operating.

under 2.

Do not insert objects unintended into unit or use near flammable substances. Such conditions can lead to damage and void of warranty.

under 3.

Handle the X2 with care, do not toss or drop the Blackbox. This can cause damage to the circuits and/or screen. Accidental damage is not covered by warranty.

page 10

under 7.

(Damage resulting in using other than the supplied accessories, will void your warranty)

page 14

Change 1. Preparations to 1. Providing Power...?

page 22

under - Date & time

Set date & time

- GPS Zone

Set the local time zone (Daylight Saving Time) << in USA we call it Daylight Saving Time, not sure about other countries

page 24

- Copy the update file to the root directory in each of the memory front/rear cards, press the About menu "Upgrade" button to perform firmware upgrade.

page 26

2. Recommended players are available at VideoLan.org, RegistratorViewer.com, and DashCamviewer.com

I would drop this sentence > "These are all good players"

3. Above programs allow adjustments such as brightness level, chroma, removing after images, removing block and removing noise when playing video.

4. The files can also be viewed on other programs where the H.264 codec is supported.

* For smooth viewing of recorded files, save files directly to computer or use of USB 3.0 ports and SDXC card reader is recommended.

page 27

I would drop the A1:, A2:, etc. As long as the answer is directly under the question, it is not needed. Just keep the formatting nice and aligned.

for Q1:, I would drop this >> "The firmware is the latest version when you buy it."

You can check the available firmware version number(s) on our website, where you will find continuing support.

for Q2: Yes, the X2 Blackbox may be easily moved between vehicles, use existing mount or new mount as needed.

page 28

for Q6:

The Blackbox starts recording automatically after your vehicle starts. You can also check the red indicator in the upper left hand corner on the screen.

for Q7: The wire is 3.5 meter (11.5 feet), please check mounting location for proper installation.

for Q9: Blackbox is not turned off when car is off

Please unplug from the socket, which may continue supplying power.

page 29

under Safety Precaution

* When the X2 is connected to cigar jack in extreme hot conditions, please be sure to power off when not in use.

* If the X2 is connected directly to the car battery, ensure the car has the ability to start after extended time. To do this, raise the voltage in power control settings.

* If the X2 is connected directly to car battery, for safety, turn off unit before starting and power on after the car has started.

* If the temperature in the car exceeds 75 C (167 F), allow the unit to cool down before operating to avoid damage.

* Formatting of memory cards on a regular basis (weekly) offers best performance. Remember to save important files and back up to a computer prior to formatting!

* In the case where the X2 Blackbox cannot record because the memory card is not recognized, format the memory card in the Setup Menu.
(During recording, the RED indicator is on)

page 30

under Temperature, add F so .... -10 C ~ 75 C (14 F to 167 F)

page 31

- This warranty is invalid if the date of purchase or store you purchased from has been removed.

further down....

This warranty does not cover the following.

* Recommended daily use is 12 hours.
* Warranty of memory is 3 months.

I went through the whole manual. Here are some of my suggestions. If you follow page by page, you should see where my recommendations go and the text it replaces.

page 3

1. Automatic recording
6. Record up to 6 hours using a 32GB memory card
7. Built-in G-sensor
9. Parking mode (power control)

page 4

I recommend a space after the numbers, so instead of 2.Loop Recording, use 2. Loop recording
I recommend putting a space after the words and the (). For example, instead of Front View(Lens), use Front View (Lens)

page 7

Under 1.

Stops recording and autosaves after power is off

The following indicate continuous recording time.

under 2.

Ex: Once card capacity is reached, the oldest recording will be overwritten by new recording.

under 4.

- Records 30 frames per second at 1920x1080 (FullHD)
- Recording gap between files is approx. 0.1 second

page 8

under 7.

If the G-sensor is triggered, the current file will be protected (locked) and will not be overwritten.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Formatting memory card WILL DELETE all files including protected files, save and back up all files prior to formatting card.

under 8.

vehicle is misspelled in last sentence.

under 9.

The X2 contains two separate memory card slots. A microSD card must be inserted in each slot to record both front and rear cameras.

page 10

under 1.

Avoid placement AND use of the X2 in excessive heat or in direct sunlight. If left in such conditions, allow unit to cool down before operating.

under 2.

Do not insert objects unintended into unit or use near flammable substances. Such conditions can lead to damage and void of warranty.

under 3.

Handle the X2 with care, do not toss or drop the Blackbox. This can cause damage to the circuits and/or screen. Accidental damage is not covered by warranty.

page 10

under 7.

(Damage resulting in using other than the supplied accessories, will void your warranty)

page 14

Change 1. Preparations to 1. Providing Power...?

page 22

under - Date & time

Set date & time

- GPS Zone

Set the local time zone (Daylight Saving Time) << in USA we call it Daylight Saving Time, not sure about other countries

page 24

- Copy the update file to the root directory in each of the memory front/rear cards, press the About menu "Upgrade" button to perform firmware upgrade.

page 26

2. Recommended players are available at VideoLan.org, RegistratorViewer.com, and DashCamviewer.com

I would drop this sentence > "These are all good players"

3. Above programs allow adjustments such as brightness level, chroma, removing after images, removing block and removing noise when playing video.

4. The files can also be viewed on other programs where the H.264 codec is supported.

* For smooth viewing of recorded files, save files directly to computer or use of USB 3.0 ports and SDXC card reader is recommended.

page 27

I would drop the A1:, A2:, etc. As long as the answer is directly under the question, it is not needed. Just keep the formatting nice and aligned.

for Q1:, I would drop this >> "The firmware is the latest version when you buy it."

You can check the available firmware version number(s) on our website, where you will find continuing support.

for Q2: Yes, the X2 Blackbox may be easily moved between vehicles, use existing mount or new mount as needed.

page 28

for Q6:

The Blackbox starts recording automatically after your vehicle starts. You can also check the red indicator in the upper left hand corner on the screen.

for Q7: The wire is 3.5 meter (11.5 feet), please check mounting location for proper installation.

for Q9: Blackbox is not turned off when car is off

Please unplug from the socket, which may continue supplying power.

page 29

under Safety Precaution

* When the X2 is connected to cigar jack in extreme hot conditions, please be sure to power off when not in use.

* If the X2 is connected directly to the car battery, ensure the car has the ability to start after extended time. To do this, raise the voltage in power control settings.

* If the X2 is connected directly to car battery, for safety, turn off unit before starting and power on after the car has started.

* If the temperature in the car exceeds 75 C (167 F), allow the unit to cool down before operating to avoid damage.

* Formatting of memory cards on a regular basis (weekly) offers best performance. Remember to save important files and back up to a computer prior to formatting!

* In the case where the X2 Blackbox cannot record because the memory card is not recognized, format the memory card in the Setup Menu.
(During recording, the RED indicator is on)

page 30

under Temperature, add F so .... -10 C ~ 75 C (14 F to 167 F)

page 31

- This warranty is invalid if the date of purchase or store you purchased from has been removed.

further down....

This warranty does not cover the following.

* Recommended daily use is 12 hours.
* Warranty of memory is 3 months.

Wow that was a good one thanks. Done and Done!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/836sc6vchzel58v/panoramaX2_Eng_manual DRAFT #8.pdf?dl=0

Here is my input. Broken into segments due to message character limit of forum. I hope this helps.

Page 2

The PANORAMA X2 Blackbox will record and play Full-HD files.
The PANORAMA X2 Blackbox will record and play Full-HD video files

We want you to get the most out of your new premium dual channel solution.
We want you to get the most out of your new premium dual-channel solution.

2. 3.5” Capactive TOUCHSCREEN LCD Display
2. 3.5” Capacitive TOUCHSCREEN LCD Display

5. 16-128GB microSD memory cards (>32GB if formatted FAT32 in PC)
5. 16-128GB Micro-SD memory cards (>32GB if formatted as FAT32 in PC)

Record up to 6 hours if using a 32GB memory card
(Larger than 32GB also supported, see page 27

Record up to 6 hours if using a 32GB memory card
(Larger than 32GB also supported, see page 27)

7. Builtin ̀ G-sensor
7. Built-in ̀G-sensor

Page 3

The information contained in this guide is subject to change. For more detailed information, visit our web site.
The information contained in this guide is subject to change. For more detailed information, visit our web site at http://www.powerucc.com.

Page 8

Stops recording and autosaves after power is turned off.
Stops recording and auto-saves after power is turned off.

MicroSD MEMORY Card
Micro-SD Memory Card

4GB - approximately 45min
8GB - approximately 2hour
16GB - approximately 3hour
32GB - approximately 6hour

4GB - approximately 45 minutes
8GB - approximately 2 hours
16GB - approximately 3 hours
32GB - approximately 6 hours

3. 3.5” TOUCH LCD
3. 3.5” Touch LCD

You can check the recording screen *during driving and parking recording. (*where local laws allow for video up front)
You can check the recording screen while driving* and parking recording. (*where local laws allow for video up front)

Front/Rear FULL HD 1920x1080pixel 30fps (frames)
Front/Rear Full-HD 1920 x 1080 pixels 30fps (frames per second)

Records 30 frames per second at 1920 x 1080 (FullHD)
Records 30 frames per second at 1920 x 1080 (Full-HD)

Recording gap between files is approximately 0.1 second.
Recording gap between file segments is approximately 0.1 second.

Page 9

5. Motion detection
5. Motion Detection

The X2 switches to standby mode when you park or stop the car The X2 starts recording when motion is detected.
The X2 automatically switches to standby mode when you park or stop the car. The X2 starts recording when motion is detected.

Various system operations can be performed.
The X2 records video in the MPEG MP4 format.

If the G-sensor is triggered the current file will be protected (locked) and will not be overwritten.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Formatting the memory card WILL DELETE any files including protected files, save and back up all files prior to formatting card.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Formatting the memory card WILL DELETE ALL FILES including protected files. Save and back-up all files prior to formatting the memory card.

Parking mode Power control (low voltage cutoff)
Parking Mode Power Control (Low Voltage Cut-Off)

Choose a constant voltage that m atches the battery of your vehicle.
Select a constant voltage that matches the battery of your vehicle.

When the vehicle is below the set voltage the X2 will power off.
When the vehicle battery voltage is below the X2 set voltage, the X2 will power off.

9. Dual slot system
9. Dual Slot System

A microSD card must be inserted in each slot to record both front and rear cameras.
A Micro-SD card must be inserted in each of 2 slots to record both front and rear cameras.

Page 12

Avoid placement AND use of the X2 in ecessive ̀ heat or in direct sunlight.
Avoid placement AND use of the X2 in excessive heat or in direct sunlight.

If left in such conditions ̀ allow unit to cool down before operating.
If subjected to these conditions, allow the unit to cool down before operating.

Do not insert foreign objects into unit or use near flammable substances. Doing so can lead to damage and void the warranty.

Handle the X2 with care. Do not throw or drop the Blackbox as this can cause damage to the circuits and/or screen. Accidental damage is not covered by warranty.

Do not place the blackbox in a humid, foggy or smoke filled area.
Such conditions could lead to damage.

Do not place the Blackbox in a humid, foggy, or smoke-filled area.
These conditions may damage the X2.

Do not bang the Blackbox with solid objects. Never place the Blackbox in close proximity to other electric devices or magnetic sources.
Do not hit the Blackbox with solid objects. Never place the Blackbox in close proximity to other electronic devices or magnetic sources.

(Damage resulting from using other than the supplied accessories will void your warranty)

Securely connect the blackbox with the specified cable.
Securely connect the Blackbox with the supplied cable.

Page 15

( The damages resulting from using other product's power sources will void your warranty)
(Damages resulting from the use of other power sources will void your warranty)

Select a proper location when you install the blackbox cameras. (40% sky 60% road)
Select a proper location when you install the Blackbox cameras (40% sky - 60% road).

Do not place the blackbox near other electronic devices.
Do not place the Blackbox near other electronic devices.

If the blackbox is installed near other GPS devices it may cause interference with X2 GPS reception.
If the Blackbox is installed near other GPS devices, it may cause interference with X2 GPS reception.

Do not connect the power adaptor to multi-cigar jacks or other shared evices. Because it may lead to malfunction of video quality.
Do not connect the power adaptor to multi-cigar jacks or other shared devices, because it may lead to malfunction of video quality.

Please be careful when you install the blackbox.
Please be careful when you install the Blackbox.

We are not responsible for data loss resulting from malfunction of defective microSD memory cards.
We are not responsible for data loss resulting from malfunction of defective micro-SD memory cards.

If you ever dispose of your blackbox, discard properly according to the recycling laws of your country or state.
If you ever dispose of your Blackbox, discard properly according to the recycling laws of your country, state, and local governments.

Page 19

Connect the Blackbox to the power by using supplied power adaptor.
Connect the Blackbox to the power by using the supplied power adaptor.

The blackbox uses 12V as a power source.
The Blackbox uses 12VDC as a power source.

Please use a qualified auto-electrician to install the unit to the vehicle power and ensure the wires and connections allow safe driving with no obstructions.
Please use a qualified automobile electrician to connect the unit to the vehicle power and to ensure that the wires and connections allow safe driving with no obstructions.

W hen you start a car, the blackbox is turned on automatically.
When you start the car, the Blackbox is turned on automatically.

The indicator light on the upper-right side is off when the blackbox is turned off.
The indicator light (LED) on the upper-right side is off when the Blackbox is turned off.

To turn the blackbox off, you must stop the car or turn the power cable off.
To turn the Blackbox off, you must stop the car or turn the power cable off.

-You can turn the LCD monitor on to watch recordings or turn the LCD monitor off during recording.
-You can turn the LCD monitor on to watch recordings or turn the LCD monitor off during recording.

Page 21

Parking mode
Parking Mode

Format microSD card(s)
Formats the Micro-SD card(s)

Real-time playback of recorded files
Real-time playback of recorded files

Page 23

6hours, 12hours, 18hours, 24hours, Off
6 hours, 12 hours, 18 hours, 24 hours, Off

11.8V, 12.1V, 12.4V, 13.5V,Off
11.8V, 12.1V, 12.4V, 13.5V, Off

Page 25

Files are stored in three different folders, depending on the nature of the file, for each MicroSD memory.
Files are stored in three different folders, depending on the nature of the file, for each Micro-SD memory card.

Page 27

1min, 2min, 3min, 5min
1 min, 2 min, 3 min, 5 min

Front camera : 1080p 30, 720p 30, 720p 60
Front camera: 1080p 30, 720p 30, 720p 60

Date&time, Language, GPS Zone, LCD Standby, AV-out, Speaker, Rear Camera, About (Firmware Upgrade).
Date & time, Language, GPS Zone, LCD Standby, AV-out, Speaker, Rear Camera, About (Firmware Upgrade).

Page 29

Set the local time zone (Add Summer Time) ((aka Daylight Savings Time))
Set the local time zone (Add Summer Time - aka Daylight Savings Time)

TV type. NTSC(USA), PAL(EU)
TV type: NTSC (USA), PAL (EU)

Page 30

Rear camera(Parking) On/Off
Rear camera (Parking) On/Off

Page 32

C opy the update file to the root directory .. each of the memory front / rear cards, press the About menu "Upgrade" button to perform firmware upgrade.
Copy the update file to the root directory in each of the front / rear memory cards, press the About menu "Upgrade" button to perform firmware upgrade.

GPS receiver is an optional accessory purchased separately.
NOTE: I was under the impression that this was built into the X2.

Page 34

Q2: C an I reinstall the blackbox in another car and use it?
Q2: Can I reinstall the Blackbox in another car and use it?

A3: You can format the SD memory cards in setup mode in yourblackbox.
A3: You can format the SD memory cards in setup mode in yourBlackbox.

Page 35

Please format the SD memory cards in your blackbox * The X2 will recognize pre-formatted memory cards.
Please format the Micro-SD memory cards in your Blackbox.* The X2 will recognize pre-formatted memory cards.

Q4: I install the blackbox. Is it possible to control the angle?
Q4: I installed the Blackbox. Is it possible to control the angle?

A4: T he joint can move 90 degrees. Ajdustment are limited
A4:The joint can move 90 degrees. Adjustments are limited.

Q5: Where is a suitable location to install the blackbox?
Q5: Where is a suitable location to install the Blackbox?

A5: Please install it without blocking the driver's v iew.
A5: Please install it without blocking the driver's view.

The blackbox is for a car but you can also use it at home or in a store or business location.
The Blackbox was designed for a car, but you can also use it at home, or in a store, or in a business location.

Q6: How can I check that the blackbox is working properly?
Q6: How can I check that the Blackbox is working properly?

The . lackbox starts recording automatically after your vehicle starts.
The Blackbox starts recording automatically after your vehicle starts.

Page 36

Q8: microSD memory cards do not work.
Q8: The Micro-SD memory cards do not work.

Q9: Blackbox is not turned off when car is off
Q9: Blackbox does not turn off when car is off

Only use the included power adaptor when you
install it in your v ehical by yourself.

Only use the included power adaptor when you install it in your vehicle by yourself.

Do not cut the cigar jack.
Do not cut off the cigar jack.

Q11: When the blackbox body is broken in an accident, can I repair it?
Q11: When the Blackbox case is broken in an accident, can it be repaired?

A11: I n this case, We cannot repair it because of malfunction of the component.
A11: In this case, we cannot repair the Blackbox because of damage to the component.

Last edited:
I imported the PDF into MS Word in order to use the spell-checker and other features (detect extra spacing, hidden characters, etc.). I noticed the pagination problem immediately and was going to correlate the Word pages to the PDF when done editing. After two hours of editing, I forgot to do the correlation (it was also past my bed time...probably why I forgot). My apologies to you, if it caused you extra work.

I imported the PDF into MS Word in order to use the spell-checker and other features (detect extra spacing, hidden characters, etc.). I noticed the pagination problem immediately and was going to correlate the Word pages to the PDF when done editing. After two hours of editing, I forgot to do the correlation (it was also past my bed time...probably why I forgot). My apologies to you, if it caused you extra work.

Thanks again for your hard work, it was no problem matching up the text as everything flowed in a logical order.

FYI: I just received a report that quick testing reveals parking mode motion detection pre-buffers and captures 5 seconds before the triggered motion event, and 49 seconds after for a total of 54 seconds.

That was just one test. We need to do more accurate tests to confirm first before we add this into the user manual.

the pano g does this already so i would expect the x2 to follow suit.. ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back