Panorama X2 User Manual (PDF Instructions)

Future edit on GPS ok to use sticky side up:
(unlike other brands out there)

My S customers have been going sticky side up all year since I started selling in April, GPS works good that way. I know other brands have a longer GPS cord and goes sticky side down against the dash, but Panorama seems to be fine sticky side up.

Balls! Thank-you mate :)

Can that be added to the manual please Jon just to save confusion down the road?

*shrugs* when i setup the x2 silly me thought the right way to install the gps is with the sticky side going on the window! :oops:

who knew that was under debate! :rolleyes:

It was originally said it didn't matter either way mate as it's so sensitive - after longer testing turns out it might work 90% of the time that way so at least now we know for sure it's got an orientation and it can be added to the manual :)

We did speak about it months ago when you said it was face up but redoing it was one of those jobs that always went on the back burner and since then a couple of others got it wrong too which is why I raised it :)

Long time lurker, finally posting.

First up, if this product had the control unit separate from the front camera (i.e. like the rear camera is) I would have pre-purchased. Really impressed with your priorities and output to date.

Secondly, made some quick feedback on the first page (see attachments). If it's the kind of feedback that's useful, let me know and I'll keep going -- I can see lots of ways the document could be made much more professional and appealing to a wider range of readers. Right now it has a bit too much focus on a technical reader (and as a ex- technical writer it makes sense to me, but I think

Is there a reason you're using PDF? I'm guessing you're keeping the original word document close to your chest (a normal approach to protecting intellectual property). What are your plans for managing translations? The reason I ask is one method of getting a lot of feedback and updates quite quickly could be a shared Google Document -- would mean you'd have revisions / see edits in real-time / control who can view, add comments, even make direct changes, etc. Just an idea, based on past collaborative documentation projects.

- gth.

Attachments

• p-x2_feedback_01.png
    p-x2_feedback_01.png
    171.1 KB · Views: 12
  • p-x2_feedback_02.png
    p-x2_feedback_02.png
    191.9 KB · Views: 14
Thanks to @Bluenose pointing out regarding memory cards formatting / pre-formatting.
Some changes needed at Page 3 and 27 regarding 32Gb Fat32 and high capacity exFat cards, because with new firmware no need to pre-format high capacity cards in PC any more to Fat32. Please correct this.

Future edit on GPS ok to use sticky side up:
(unlike other brands out there)

Pending edit:
In parking mode It's buffering constantly 24/7. When motion is triggered, it saves file 4-5sec before and about 12-15 sec after last motion is gone.

Pending edit:

Any "DIY" permanent paint modification or assembly - disassembly will void the factory warranty.

Long time lurker, finally posting.

First up, if this product had the control unit separate from the front camera (i.e. like the rear camera is) I would have pre-purchased. Really impressed with your priorities and output to date.

Secondly, made some quick feedback on the first page (see attachments). If it's the kind of feedback that's useful, let me know and I'll keep going -- I can see lots of ways the document could be made much more professional and appealing to a wider range of readers. Right now it has a bit too much focus on a technical reader (and as a ex- technical writer it makes sense to me, but I think

Is there a reason you're using PDF? I'm guessing you're keeping the original word document close to your chest (a normal approach to protecting intellectual property). What are your plans for managing translations? The reason I ask is one method of getting a lot of feedback and updates quite quickly could be a shared Google Document -- would mean you'd have revisions / see edits in real-time / control who can view, add comments, even make direct changes, etc. Just an idea, based on past collaborative documentation projects.

- gth.

Done, Done and Done
Edit #18
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y8ff20axva8s0nh/panoramaX2_Eng_manual DRAFT #18.pdf?dl=1

P.S. It's quite easy to edit via Adobe Acrobat Pro, it would be too much work to get the Word version going again unfortunately. Maybe someone can help? Here's the old #1 word docx version.

the formatting is wrong on a lot of the pages, some of those orange highlight boxes are covering text and pics

I noticed the format changes depending which PDF viewer is used as well. I think the problem is the original document I started off with didn't have the most optimal formatting. This might need a complete new document from scratch.

yeah possibly verion related, I'm using the latest version of Acrobat reader but that doesn't always help

Edit: you might want to check if there's a compatibility setting when you save the document to have it work with other versions, not familiar with the program but worth a look

On Feb 14, 2015, at 6:51 AM, a customer wrote:

Re: X2 USB cable (back camera) Affecting Car Keyless Entry Antenna

"Hi Jon,

Just in case you have a buyer that has the above same problem, I have the solution after meddling and troubleshooting for several days.

Basically the way the usb cable is routed at the back next to the rear windscreen and with the usb cable powered, the electromagnetic effect produced by it has interfered with the keyless entry antenna, also located near the rear windscreen. The antenna is badly affected when the usb cable is routed straight along the joints between the rear windscreen and roof lining.
My solution to that is to arrange the cable into multiple S patterns (not straight) using the slack available and still pushing them into gaps of the roof lining. This S patterns will distort electromagnetic interference and eliminate the effect(keyless entry does not work) on the keyless entry antenna."

Now that you mention this, right after I installed my new X2 a week ago in my 2013 Prius Plug-in, the Prius' Smart Entry key-less system started acting flaky, with the car failing to lock/unlock maybe 50% of normal usage attempts (i.e. fob in pocket, touch hand to door handle). I would then have to fish the key fob out of my pocket and press the manual lock/unlock buttons. Hmm.

The Prius owners manual says key fob battery lifetime is 1-2 years, and I'm about 3 months away from that 2 year mark, so I ordered new batteries for both fobs. The batteries arrived yesterday and both fobs with new batteries still have trouble mostly with the lock function. Troubleshooting pretty conclusively indicates the X2 rear cam and/or cable is the culprit. If I unplug the cable from the rear cam, the fobs work perfectly with the X2 in parking mode. Plug the cable back into the rear cam, and the problem returns. The correlation is strong.

Further experimentation reveals a pretty good workaround of still leaving the fob in my pocket, but gripping it with my right hand in the pocket, and then touching the door handle with my left hand, which seems to work with 100% reliability during the testing I was doing this morning. So I can live with that workaround.

Jon's posting talks about cable routing. Unfortunately I don't think I have too much choice with this car. The car has side-curtain air bags which deploy out of the roof liner seam along the left and right sides of the car, so tucking the rear cam cable into the roof liner to go from front to back is simply not an option because it would interfere with the airbags.

I mounted the X2 front cam directly below the rear view mirror mount on the front windshield. I then tucked the power cord under the front roof liner seam (no airbag there) to the left A column, popping off the cover and then carefully routing around and behind a portion of the side-curtain airbag assembly there and then down through the dash to the fuse box which sits roughly between the driver's left knee and the left door.

I ran the rear cam USB cable under the front roof liner (again no airbag there) to the right A column, popping off the cover and again avoiding the airbag, down into the dash to the floor on the front passenger side, and then tucked between trim cover and carpet along the floor and then up next to the back seat and into the "trunk" area underneath some panels following the general path of the rear windshield wiper fluid line, then tucked under the roof liner rear seam (no airbag there) and out to the rear cam mounted to the top of the hatchback glass, with zero slack to spare.

Yes, I ran a straight line along the roof liner rear seam like the person quoted by Jon, but I don't have enough cable remaining to run anything other than a straight line.

The last part of the cable run from the back seat into the trunk area up to the roof was a killer. I had to remove nearly all of the interior trim from the rear portion of the car to be able to remove the two key panels I ran the cable under. I exchanged some pre-installation email with Jon who indicated that I may be the first Prius with an X2, and with the amount of work required to attempt a re-route I'm unwilling to be the test case for cable routing that may or may not solve the problem (the owner's manual shows the keyless antennas well away from where I routed). If other Prius owners conclusively figure it out, or a new & improved shielded cable becomes available, then I'd be willing to go to that effort to revise my install. Otherwise, I can live with my "grab the key in my pocket" workaround.

Aside from all of that, I'm definitely happy with the aesthetics of my installation and the image quality of the X2. Hopefully it will help catch the next jerk who does a parking lot hit and run on me (three such incidents over the past year prompted me to buy the X2).

This morning I added a pair of clamp-on ferrite cores, one at each end of the USB cable, and that seems to have greatly improved Smart Entry reliability to near original levels. Thanks for the tip on the cores!

Page 27

Q6: How do I manually start and stop the X2 recording?
A6: You will see see a red box with a dotted outline at the bottom of the screen. Touching anywhere in this area will toggle start/stop recording. It is important to stop the recording before ejecting the microSD cards.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jz6fvqfuw83hngd/panoramaX2_Eng_manual DRAFT #13.pdf?dl=0

@
Page 27

Q6: How do I manually start and stop the X2 recording?
A6: You will see see a red box with a dotted outline at the bottom of the screen. Touching anywhere in this area will toggle start/stop recording. It is important to stop the recording before ejecting the microSD cards.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jz6fvqfuw83hngd/panoramaX2_Eng_manual DRAFT #13.pdf?dl=0

@Pier28, i was looking for this red box with dotted outline, but it doesn't appear to me, neither in driving nor parking mode after touch the screen. I'm using tha last FW (1.02.03)

Last edited:
Back