Parking Mode Beta Firmware

..The new firmware support 2 wires and 3 wire with ACC hardwire kits ..

Hi, Viofo, found usefull improvement to be made in FW.
Because you've implemented "direct logic" in ACC-Park signal, the FW can not detect 2/3-wire kit type without ACC active wire.
I use separate Power controllers (Vico, Magic) with power switch, and when I switch it in ON while parking, the FW starts in NORMAL recording, not parking. On the fact it does not see ACC wire (but Mini0906 with "inverted logic" can). FW once recognizes 3-wire Kit only after ACC activation, but forgets about it after power reswitching. The customer must be able to switch any power controller ON (without ACC) and get Parking mode.
You can solve this problem very easy - to add in FW menu option to set hardware type with "3-wire kit installed" checkbox (2-wire by default). And in 3 wire mode FW will be able to start in PARKING MODE without ACC signal - any time.

Last edited:
I have used the 2 wire hardwire kit, I saw on here a vid that when it goes into parking mode after a few seconds of ignition turning off a 5fps logo appears on screen and when the ignition is turned on the logo of a car shows and normal recording starts.
How to I get parking mode to start, I have the Beta FW with parking mode set to 1s, but it just seems to stay on normal recording and the screen stays on, Do I have to set normal recording as timelapse?

Correct, there's 5 second gap between the time-lapse Parking Mode files.

2 wire or 3 wire isn't going to matter, there's a gap because the camera is taking 5 seconds to close the time-lapse file and start a new one.
Perhaps I'm not seeing the same gap because I'm recording 1min clips, not 3min?
I'll try 1min. Keeping in mind it's a dual-channel, it's probably a hardware limitation (processing power). Might not make much of a difference when parked but still a flaw.
If there's no gap with 1min files, irrespective of what the user chooses in the settings menu, firmware should set the file length duration to 1min.
OK, so I have done more testing - should have done that first...:oops:

I'm recording 1min clips, but I too am getting the 5 second gap between time lapse clips. I also noticed that the time lapse video duration is 2min, despite setting 1min loop.

On my other A129 I'm using low bitrate parking mode, and that one does not have gaps between the clips.

OK, so I have done more testing - should have done that first...:oops:

I'm recording 1min clips, but I too am getting the 5 second gap between time lapse clips. I also noticed that the time lapse video duration is 2min, despite setting 1min loop.

On my other A129 I'm using low bitrate parking mode, and that one does not have gaps between the clips.

I switched to 1min today to test just that, haven't pulled out the card yet. Thanks

Appears to be independent of the loop recording duration setting.

@viofo
Why waste time and energy on something that compromises on the dashcam's main feature, which is normal recording. Even if you get the switching right, can you do something about the 5-7 second gap? If not, I think you should consider limiting Parking Mode to the 3 wire kit.
If a camera was sold with a feature from second 1, you cannot remove that feature at some time without making angry a lot of buyers. It is expected that some of them will return the camera in the warranty period.
The Parking Mode with original charger or 2 wires hardwire kit should remain forever, no matter if is a gap or delay for video files. This must be the default setting for the camera. The camera is working normally if some Parking Mode is not activated by the user.
The user which will buy the hardwire kit with 3 wires will expect some more settings to enable its special Parking Mode feature. So is not a problem to have more settings for Parking Mode like:
Power Mode: Default/HK3 hardwire kit
Parking mode:
Default/here some options which can be greyed out based on the Power Mode selection

Some people will use the hardwire kit just because of Voltage cut options and they will still want the power for A129 from the GPS mount and not the dashcam.

enjoy,
Mtz

If a camera was sold with a feature from second 1, you cannot remove that feature at some time without making angry a lot of buyers. It is expected that some of them will return the camera in the warranty period.
The Parking Mode with original charger or 2 wires hardwire kit should remain forever, no matter if is a gap or delay for video files. This must be the default setting for the camera. The camera is working normally if some Parking Mode is not activated by the user.
The user which will buy the hardwire kit with 3 wires will expect some more settings to enable its special Parking Mode feature. So is not a problem to have more settings for Parking Mode like:
Power Mode: Default/HK3 hardwire kit
Parking mode:
Default/here some options which can be greyed out based on the Power Mode selection

Some people will use the hardwire kit just because of Voltage cut options and they will still want the power for A129 from the GPS mount and not the dashcam.

enjoy,
Mtz

I see where you're coming from, personally I don't agree. No point devising a solution that on paper at least looks a lot more reliable than the previous version and then offer a sub version that compromises on overall reliability. If one doesn't want to or can't hardwire for any reason, too bad. It's not the end of the world, they can look at other options that work to their liking. Can't and shouldn't try to please everyone, turns into a hotchpotch.

Before the first parking mode beta firmware only support 3 wires hard wire kits, we really got a lots of complain from users for not support 2 wires version, also have big pressure from our distributor.
So current version support both version.

I checked some feedback, and plan to update the parking mode as below list:

1. For motion detection, before if no motion in 90s then enter parking mode, plan to change it to 5 mins.
2. Add 3fps option for time lapse
3. Have option in menu for 2 wire and 3 wire hardwire kit, if 3 is selected and no power on ACC it starts in parking mode and not normal mode

Any other should we updated for next update?

plan to update the parking mode as below list ...
Any other should we updated for next update?
Welcome from holidays, very pleased about your attention and FW update plan !
I.e. wish list:
1. For motion detection, before if no motion in 90s then enter parking mode, plan to change it to 5 mins;
2. Add 2/3fps option for time lapse;
3. Have option in menu for 2 wire and 3 wire hardwire kit, if 3 is selected and no power on ACC it starts in parking mode and not normal mode;
4. Add LowBitrare options 1/2/3mB/s;

5. Add BT_remote Click_event options: Record Lock/Snapshot.
---
What other BT_remote click types (dbl_click, long_press, ..) can FW
recognize ?

Last edited:
Great, would be useful to extend parking mode to include 2fps, lowbit 3Mb/s , lowbit 2Mb/s and lowbit 1Mb/s .
This way we can see which is most appropriate for our needs.

interesting, the A129 currently is on 4Mb/s and it is very clear, that's why i suggested an even lower bitrate, after all the car is stationary.

interesting, the A129 currently is on 4Mb/s and it is very clear, that's why i suggested an even lower bitrate, after all the car is stationary.

depends how much movement and how complex the scene is, the car not moving lets you get away with a lot but depends what sort of clarity you expect from the movement around you I guess

Great, would be useful to extend parking mode to include 2fps, lowbit 3Mb/s , lowbit 2Mb/s and lowbit 1Mb/s .
This way we can see which is most appropriate for our needs.
Vote,
LowBitrate about 2Mb/s options would be usefull (so acceptable for almost static scenes). Curious about rec_time expansion for this case.

Last edited:
This scene was recorded at 5Mb/s low bitrate. I think it's adequate for this kind of situation, but perhaps not if the passing vehicles were moving faster.

This scene was recorded at 5Mb/s low bitrate. I think it's adequate for this kind of situation, but perhaps not if the passing vehicles were moving faster.

maybe it would be possible to get away with a lower bitrate 95% of the time, risk is it's the 5% when you're going to need it the most

risk is it's the 5%
Yes, but it will be our own choosen risk - for the sake of SD card rec time benefit and to prevent lose of "old" event absolutely (by file rewriting).
Risk to lose key events from side windows or over the roofs > 50%. :)

What a difference a new car battery makes..
Went out and bought a new battery (slightly bigger) and now get proper parking recordings all night.

BTW, I record 5 minute files and get a 8 second gap between files..

@Msan2000 - I always fit the largest battery and radiator possible, if you ever need the extra capacity then it's there for you. If you don't need it it's extra peace of mind which has a value of it's own.

Phil

another suggestion for next firmware release. In beep section of menu can you add option to beep only if there is a memory card problem

Back