Parking Mode Beta Firmware

Strange, because if I recall correctly for the A119 motion detection alone requires a minimum 60 seconds of sensing no FOV motion to stop recording, yet during sequence no. 9 through 14, three Front/Rear recordings started recording within a one minute period. Looks like a bug to me.

It's set to low Bitrate recording NOT motion..
It should be recording all the time..

Parked outside.. street lights all around.
I have the 3wire kit and it goes into parking mode when I turn the car off.

It enters parking mode just fine.. but then stops/starts randomly and seems to switch between low and high bitrate as well..
Like nothing between 5:42 and 7:34, 7:36 to 8:17 etc..
We will have upgraded 3 wires kit, we suggest to use the new version. We will still offer samples for testing.

We will have upgraded 3 wires kit, we suggest to use the new version. We will still offer samples for testing.

@viofo
So how do we get the new one?
Also, is there any new version of the firmware?

Last edited:
If the hardwire is upgraded by Viofo should be no more reports using first version of hardwire kit and wait for the second batch of test HK3 kits. This will avoid users losing time and other people read outdated feedback.
The reports should be without the using of HK3 at this moment.

enjoy,
Mtz

So I reverted back to the older beta firmware and set parking mode to low bitrate.

Much better with keeping recording during parking mode, but it seems the bitrate between the front and rear camera is a bit off..
Capture.PNG

And I really don't know what the 3 wire kit would have to do with all this.. You have power all the time and if the car is running you also have power on ACC. To me this looks more like a software/firmware issue..
Really, what could they change on the 3 wire kit?

I have 2 cars each with A129 Duo. Both with posted beta parking firmware. One with the sample 3 wire kit, one without. The one without the kit switches properly to parking mode when stationary but powered up, the one with the kit does not. Both however keep file sequence correct.

Reactions: Mtz
Really, what could they change on the 3 wire kit?
Wire colors, shape, size, USB pins where power go to as they are accessible through software but not functionality.

Wire colors, shape, size, USB pins where power go to as they are accessible through software but not functionality.
And all of that should have no influence on how the unit records..

Ironically, when I requested a kit for testing I finally received a reply from Viofo via PM they told me they don't offer a hardwire kit yet.

Odd....

-Sam

Reactions: M83
1. Auto Event Detection(almost same as motion detection): When a moving objects is detected while parking, a video is recorded for 60 seconds.
Because you do not use InMemory prebuffer, would be more technologicaly to create ONE universal chained_mode for more advanced and continious monitoring (instead of various modes): (None/TimeLapse/LowBitRate)+(None/MotionDetect).
And separate settings for every work mode (TimeLapse, LowBitRate, MotionDetect).

Last edited:
Took 7 seconds to switch from low-bitrate mode to normal recording. That's a big gap.

Low-bitrate mode kicked in at a long signal. Switched to normal bitrate on going over 8 km/h. 6 seconds gap.

Sure the gap is for a dual channel configuration but 6-7 seconds for a situation like above is unacceptable. Not a reliable solution/mode if the gap can't be reduced.
Testing yesterday in single channel mode, the gap between normal bitrate recording and time lapse recording was 1-2 seconds.

Testing yesterday in single channel mode, the gap between normal bitrate recording and time lapse recording was 1-2 seconds.
I get ~5-6sec gap in Auto and low bitrate modes as well, have to check time lapse.

Just an idea @viofo : there is boot delay in setting, it's default to 5sec and can not be changed to 0. Maybe camera hitting that delay upon mode change ?

there is boot delay in setting, it's default to 5sec and can not be changed to 0. Maybe camera hitting that delay upon mode change ?

that setting is only about cold start of the camera, not related to changing modes, if it was 0 the camera would have problems

When in parking mode should any lights be on?

Ok can't get it to work . Guess SG 3 wire won't work after all. Suppose I'll wait for the official release but I really need parking mode and not sure how much longer I can wait. Might have to return this and buy a SG I guess.

Ironically, when I requested a kit for testing I finally received a reply from Viofo via PM they told me they don't offer a hardwire kit yet.

Odd....

-Sam
It's possible the reason is that you're a new account with low post count. That's my guess.

Ok can't get it to work . Guess SG 3 wire won't work after all. Suppose I'll wait for the official release but I really need parking mode and not sure how much longer I can wait. Might have to return this and buy a SG I guess.
Is power plugged directly into the camera? Are you running the beta firmware with the parking mode for the 3-wire kit?

Back