Parking mode with HK2 and timer

Yes. One is in engine compartment and one in trunk. However, I'm doubt if any of them has any fuse connected to ACC instead of battery.

I will either:
- forget about parking mode and connect without any hardwire kit to cigarette lighter socket
- or use HK3, take power from the fusebox and somehow connect ACC wire to the cigarette lighter socket

ACC = Accessory. It's a fuse that only turns on with the car when ignition is started. You 100% have such a fuse in your fuse box.

Is it possible to use such setup (HK2 + Parking timer mode) with any Viofo camera?
There is another option to connect the HK3 using only one constant plus connected to the car's fuse box, and for the HK3 to work correctly: to supply power to the ACC wire, you can use the DRL module (or any other similar module that connects the load when the voltage rises above 13.0 Volts (this happens when we start the engine) and disconnects when the voltage drops below this threshold (this happens when we turn off the ignition)
Connection Diagram HK3 Viofo via DRL module.jpg
For example, such a module: Universal LED Daytime Running Light Automatic ON/OFF Controller Module Box Relay
You can also look for cheaper options, since the current consumed by HK3 on the yellow control wire is very low.

PS: There is a small nuance when using such modules: the voltage drop on the battery to the shutdown threshold does not occur so quickly, after the ignition is turned off, it depends on the state of the battery and its capacity, which can be 30 minutes or more.

Perhaps there are modules from the category of DIY, where the shutdown threshold can be adjusted and thereby set up a faster shutdown.

PPS: Some dashcam had such a function (possibly LUKAS) - the transition from the parking mode to the normal recording mode when the engine was started and with a constant power supply. But an additional set of wires was not used (Hardwire Kit) and 12 Volt power was supplied directly to the dashcam.
If dashcam manufacturers take this into account in their future developments and use a similar technology and an additional module, connecting dash will be much easier (although the cost of the HK itself will increase), but this will also remove the problem of restarting dashcam when starting the engine, when the voltage supplied through the ACC wire is interrupted at the moment starter work

Best wishes! :)

Last edited:
ACC = Accessory. It's a fuse that only turns on with the car when ignition is started. You 100% have such a fuse in your fuse box.
As I said before, there is only one such fuse in the fuse panel I showed on photo. It's too close to the lid to use it.

There is another option to connect the HK3 using only one constant plus connected to the car's fuse box, and for the HK3 to work correctly: to supply power to the ACC wire, you can use the DRL module (or any other similar module that connects the load when the voltage rises above 13.0 Volts (this happens when we start the engine) and disconnects when the voltage drops below this threshold (this happens when we turn off the ignition)
For example, such a module: Universal LED Daytime Running Light Automatic ON/OFF Controller Module Box Relay
You can also look for cheaper options, since the current consumed by HK3 on the yellow control wire is very low.
Yes, I also thought about it but didn't look around if such device already exists, didn't check voltage level in my car, and not sure how it will work in car with Star&Stop system. However, I will try to verify that and maybe will go this way. Thanks a lot.

PS: There is a small nuance when using such modules: the voltage drop on the battery to the shutdown threshold does not occur so quickly, after the ignition is turned off, it depends on the state of the battery and its capacity, which can be 30 minutes or more.

Perhaps there are modules from the category of DIY, where the shutdown threshold can be adjusted and thereby set up a faster shutdown.

PPS: Some dashcam had such a function (possibly LUKAS) - the transition from the parking mode to the normal recording mode when the engine was started and with a constant power supply. But an additional set of wires was not used (Hardwire Kit) and 12 Volt power was supplied directly to the dashcam.
If dashcam manufacturers take this into account in their future developments and use a similar technology and an additional module, connecting dash will be much easier (although the cost of the HK itself will increase), but this will also remove the problem of restarting dashcam when starting the engine, when the voltage supplied through the ACC wire is interrupted at the moment starter work

Best wishes! :)

Tapping into Modules isn't always the best route to take. These can be tied into other systems, and cause conflicts, too. For instance, my first attempt at hardwiring, a fuse was chosen (forget which) that was tied into the car alarm. Wasn't mentioned in manual. So every time I shut off car, and turned off camera, things were normal until I engaged the alarm. The camera would then power back on once the alarm was set. Nothing stated in the manual or diagrams about the two systems being tied together.

I wonder if @konoppo could use an OBD II hardwire with the Viofo?

Is there anything like that from Viofo? I wish it would be something like this, which drives Acc pin based on CAN communication ;).

You'd need to reach out to Viofo Customer Support. I am unsure if Viofo has any support for ODB II parking mode. Worth asking.

There is not a single dash that uses the CAN to control the modes. The OBDII connector is used only to simplify the connection, and there is only a constant plus (Bat+) and GND

Back