Parking mode

This suggested firmware is with low bitrate continue recording, or i’m wrong?

Timing+G-sensor triggered parking mode!

hello estore009,

EDIT: just wanted to add that in the folder you gave us, there are other things that i think are not public
like "Credit reports august 2019" :eek:

i founded the link on your website, thanks

Last edited:
Automatically based on the timing and G-sensor!

Hi, I have been using the dashcam with the parkmode firmware for a while now. When I checked the videos, the length is only 1 minute though my setting is configured to 5mins. Is this something that should be expected on this firmware? Prior to updating, my video duration was 5mins. Appreciate any recommendations.

When I checked the videos, the length is only 1 minute though my setting is configured to 5mins.
You should click the "recording" icon to activate it manually after configuration!

Hello,

Installed the cam in the car. Installed the firmware you suggested to enable parking mode + wifi default off.

Left the car in garage for the night...

I think the parking mode is not working.
The firmware version is on one screenshot, it says:

c04_v1.06.180614s

Please let me know if i need to send it back to Amazon :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• IMG_6549.PNG
    IMG_6549.PNG
    171 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6550.PNG
    IMG_6550.PNG
    302.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6548.PNG
    IMG_6548.PNG
    190.4 KB · Views: 23
It is actually always powered on by a 20.000mah powerbank, baked up by a 12to5 v converter connected to car fuse switched

the schema is:

12v switched fuse -->stepdown converter 12-5v to micro usb -->powerbank 20.000mah with power passthrough-->usb to micro usb cable --> dashcam

last night it has worked correctly.
It's a damaged cam? :unsure:

Hard to say, might vary on different light brightness!

with power passthrough
"with power passthrough"

This might be the source of inconsistent operations. Most powerbanks shut down the output if they do not detect a load, and the B1W draws very little current so it's possible the powerbank doesn't always detect it. Also there are few powerbanks which have true "passthrough" capability as that's not easy to design correctly. You can test this by also powering another small low-current USB device (like a LED light) while you're using parking mode. If it then always works, but doesn't always work otherwise then it's probably the powerbank shutting down.

Phil

Thank you, but the problem is the opposite @SawMaster .
The cam worked all night long, still the car was intended to stay in parking mode.
In the morning i got many blank recording of my garage.

With the firmware suggested by @estore009 , the recording should not exists at all.
So, the problem is the opposite: cam working when not intended to do :-(

powerbank 20.000mah with power passthrough-->usb to micro usb cable --> dashcam
It will be more practical to run the low bitrate firmware:

Perhaps it was full then, reserving 30% for Event and was overwriting earlier videos in DCIM. That would potentially explain why there were no recordings from 22:30 through 06:48. But still leaves to question why did it record practically continuously when there were no triggered events.
Did you get an answer to this? I’m having the same issue. Random recordings in low bitrate park mode. My car just sits in the garage and I’ve got all these locked “emergency” videos of my garage door for no reason. Makes this mode practically unusable as you’ll be forever having to format the SD card to free space. I don’t think the g sensor works very well with this. I would turn it off, do away with park mode and just record full quality 24/7 but not sure the damage it would do to the camera or SD card.

Did you get an answer to this? I’m having the same issue. Random recordings in low bitrate park mode. My car just sits in the garage and I’ve got all these locked “emergency” videos of my garage door for no reason. Makes this mode practically unusable as you’ll be forever having to format the SD card to free space. I don’t think the g sensor works very well with this. I would turn it off, do away with park mode and just record full quality 24/7 but not sure the damage it would do to the camera or SD card.
The hardware kit can avoid this battery-drain problem if 7x24 hours recording!

Yeah I’m not too worried about the battery drain as I have the hardwire kit with the voltage protection. I’m more concerned with the random “emergency” locked files being taken during the night where my car is sat motionless in a garage. Just means I have to routinely format the SD card or I’ll end up with no space for normal footage.

Both normal and locked footage will be overwritten when it was full!

Yeah I’m not too worried about the battery drain as I have the hardwire kit with the voltage protection. I’m more concerned with the random “emergency” locked files being taken during the night where my car is sat motionless in a garage. Just means I have to routinely format the SD card or I’ll end up with no space for normal footage.
You can not worry about the place on the memory card, locked files are recorded in a separate sector, which occupies only 30% of the space on the card. Files in normal mode are recorded regardless of how many locked files are recorded on your card. Earlier locked files are also replaced subsequently by later ones, also locked

Ah I never knew locked files were overwritten. I thought that’s why they’re locked so they’re protected.
My only real concern is these random locked files of my garage door. Anyone know why that’s happening? Definitely not the g sensor being triggered

Back