United States
Hello I'm new here..

I've kind of done my homework..
Surprise I haven't seen a lot of these camera brands
on YouTube. However money isn't a problem
since I'm on a manhunt for the best cameras,
money can buy me.. -Not quiet sure if I'm in
the right direction but I can careless for 3-5
different cameras mounted in the front & back!!

So far .. "Thinkware F770 & Viofo a119
(not quiet sure which is the best model for Viofo).

I dont mind if I got to buy cameras for best vision
@ day or night, including for audio. Also I would
love 2 smallest hidden cameras that I could
mount inside the air vents, around the seatbelts on
the wall or even hide the hidden camera somewhere
in the back of the car were the 2 speakers are located.

-Also, blackvue? I'm NOT sure if thats a good
brand since I do see a few YouTube videos.
But I mainly came on here to see if I could find more cameras.

-- I wouldn't mind if I need to buy something
extra to run all these cameras but I just do NOT wanna
get messed with @ all!!! Cause I know my luck!!?
I know I'll come across them crooked bad cops who
will messs w/ my camera's!! Is why I'm also asking
for hidden small cameras. & I don't mean to be rude
or disrespect anyone but I got tooken advantage during
2016 of receiving 3 different dui's on 3 different nights!
-The last 2, we're 6days apart from each other since the last
one left me in the hospital! But after the 1st dui? CA chp
just had to bring up my past by judging my track marks that are
4RM 2014 since i am a recover heroin addict but i don't
EVER plan on relapsing! Since CA chp had to judge me
4RM June 2016 dui. Then in Dec 2016 when these cops didn't
care I work 6days, commuted 120-140miles, running 12
hr shifts were my body stays awake 16-18hrs of a day.
Leaving 4-5hrs early to beat bay area traffic but
I'm suppose to be superman everyday w/ full of energy?

No cop EVER believe I was tired & was so wrong of em
to take advantage the way the did.. Sticking syringe in my
arm & telling me that I liked that sh*t is what they say while in custody..
& I wasn't the type to grow up in that hood life style to disrespect,
regardless of my wrongful choices in life..

I just wanna be prepared!!

I'll EVEN buy a few MIC'S for the interior & bumpers!

By the way I just ordered ..
The best camera 1080p pen by power ray technology !!

^^u won't be disappointed I promise^^

But please don't take me
as I'm trying to pitch this sad sob STORY
as if I want u guys to feel sorry
since all we ever do is judge one & another
but I really hate explaining myself
after I can NEVER keep it short!!

when I'm just lookin' for the best equipment money can buy
for my 04-05 civic hybrid sedan
(also in the market to replace my old car)

Thank you!!!

& please drive safe out there!!!!

Hello I'm new here..

I've kind of done my homework..
Surprise I haven't seen a lot of these camera brands
on YouTube. However money isn't a problem
since I'm on a manhunt for the best cameras,
money can buy me.. -Not quiet sure if I'm in
the right direction but I can careless for 3-5
different cameras mounted in the front & back!!

So far .. "Thinkware F770 & Viofo a119
(not quiet sure which is the best model for Viofo).

I dont mind if I got to buy cameras for best vision
@ day or night, including for audio. Also I would
love 2 smallest hidden cameras that I could
mount inside the air vents, around the seatbelts on
the wall or even hide the hidden camera somewhere
in the back of the car were the 2 speakers are located.

-Also, blackvue? I'm NOT sure if thats a good
brand since I do see a few YouTube videos.
But I mainly came on here to see if I could find more cameras.

If parking mode is a priority, as of now the F770 would be a better choice.

If parking mode isn't a priority and you can wait it out a bit, Street Guardian's SG9663DC (dual channel) will be releasing soon, the video quality and low-light performance from this would trump the F770.

With either dual channel setup you could buy two and point the main cameras looking out the front and rear, the secondary cameras can go on the sides. If aimed properly; you should be able to achieve full 360° coverage, if not an overlap.

You could also mount the smaller secondary camera in some of the inconspicuous spots you've mentioned. Something even smaller would be a Mobius, but it's not small enough to fit inside air vents.

The reason I mentioned the DC is because SG plans to release additional secondary cameras than would be swappable between their future range of dual channel and dual remote models. Including external waterproof options if I'm not wrong.

4 A119's will also work well but the rear and side install IMO isn't discreet, which would also apply to the rear install using dual channel models where the secondary cameras are used for the sides.

Last edited:
If you want all 4 sides covered then it will be hard to do in anything that resemble a discrete way, and it are annoying to go to each camera when you need to retrieve footage + the time stamp the files are saved with are never synced up so its also a pain with post production.
I know this as i myself have small cameras on the side windows, in the Left side i have the mobius 1 that do have a small head on footprint, and its general shape lead it to mount pretty well in my little Suzuki just behind the B-pillar.
And on the Right side i have the discontinued Innovv C3.

But for a good install then current systems dont really do well if you want discrete too, there are options ATM but they all have a "large" front unit and then a small rear camera on a wire, so in theory you could use 2 such systems and then deploy the main units front and rear and then use the little secondary cameras for side cameras.
But this mean you will have "large" camera footprints on the front and rear window, the front are normally not bad as there are often a dotter area that can be used to hide some / most of the footprint, but on the rear window i would not like a camera with a "large" footprint.

So what do the near future bring ?
Well here is a few good things, Street Guardian will have a model with 2 small cameras on wires and a main unit you can stash just about anywhere in the car as long as it dont get wet.
And that should hit the market in this year.
Other brands i am sure will also be doing this, but so far i have not heard or seen anything.
I also think that some brands will do single small cameras on a wire units, but having to install 4 units are taking the long road i think.

Also the models with a "large" front main unit, some of them are also not LARGE but actually pretty small
ATM i am one of the testers on the mini 0906 dual channel camera, and it look to be a good little performer, and it too like many of the newer models use the Sony IMX 291 sensor that is more light sensitive compared to current good low light performers.
The 0906 should hit production within a month or so.
The upcoming SG9663DC should also start production really soon.

Regarding having little cameras in air vents, that's pretty non doable at the moment, the hidden cameras you do ass in police bait cars, well yes their lens may be pretty small ( pinhole ) but what lies behind it will often be pretty bulky.
We also have some discussions in here with people asking what to use to document those evil cops pestering them, but i cant recall what we got around to in regard to hardware to use.

pretty awesome you have kicked that habit with that brown sugar, make myself kicking cigarettes and a year later the cannabis pail.
No doubt i was also hooked on those 2 things and i have pissed away a lot of money on it, but i have always been a functioning addict i guess proving that those 2 drugs are not that bad.
The legal liquid drug ( alcohol ) i kicked before i was 25, half a lifetime i have only been drinking on new years evening.

Sorry you are being stigmatized :( sadly societies always had a hard time respecting people pulling them self out of the dirt, so its easy to be pushed back down under the mud.

Here in denmark they will test your breath amd swipe your mouth for on site alcohol and drug testing, but if that ring any bells you will have to give blood, and its on blood you will get a DUI fine, not what some cop might think.

O and i have tried to work long days and half way sleep when i drove home, thank god i got fired after a short while cuz i am sure that would have ended with a crash of cars.
I also had a job working 16 hour days, but then i was at least sleeping 3 hours in a work day 6 hours in winter on the right shift ( pretty cool earning money while sleeping )
So that job i had for 5-6 years was never a problem driving home at 5 in the morning, and i got pulled over a lot until i told the police it cant be true i have to be pulled over every day i have been working, and since then i have hardly been pulled over at all.

Okay some times it do happen, but then there is nothing to do but have a little fun with the cops ( they might not get it )

Back