The perfect front rear setup?

Rust

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Hello
I need a high end front/rear setup.
I have looked at Blackvue Dr900x 2ch and Garmin 67W and Garmin mini.

I need high quality video at night... I live in Denmark, and in the winter it is dark more than half the day :-(

I need motion detention in parking mode. Impact detection is not enough.

I really like Garmin because of wireless installation between the cameras.
I really hate Blackvue because of the 2 cables in each camera. And a lot of writings that the signal cable disturb the Dab radio signal.

I don't like inside recording.

What is the really best front rear setup for darkness with motion detention parking mode you can get?

Velkommen til forummet Rust.

Well no camera are really that good at night, not least when it come to small details, which you will only capture at speeds where you might as well save on the gas and push the car.
It is a common thing for all the systems as they are all limited in the same sensors they use, only difference is some might get a bit more out of the sensor, many though run with pretty basic stuff and so dont even max out the potential of what they got,,,,,, modders prove this again and again whipping up better firmware's.

If you look at motion detect, which will often record most of the time, you might as well use low bitrate for parking mode, it do record all the time, and most often you can also have G-sensor on to lock things big enough for that to trigger.
low bitrate are treated just as regular video so in itself it is not locked in a safe state, the good thing it take up much less space, on the system i use front and rear right now regular 3 minute files are 350 MB in size, but when the camera change to low bitrate parking guard the file size drop to 128MB.
Granted lower bitrate also mean lower image quality, so when i first tried i was very unsure so raced out to test it at once, parking curbside on a 60 kmh road in town, and i got plate captures just fine ( this was daytime of course )
So low bitrate are my favorite paired with G-sensor, the downside of my current system is it dont give any notifications about events while parked, which mean a dent on the far side and you risk not seeing that for days.
So as always, you can not have a too large memory card, personally i use 256GB in all my systems, aside for test systems here i mainly test with 128GB as otherwise it is too expensive to maintain a XX memory card test suite.

I dont have much faith in parking guard so i also just use it for 1 hour on the timer, this cover all my shopping, at home i have a CCTV camera on my 2 floor balcony door aimed at my car in the this time of the year pretty dark back yard.
Major bonus in CCTV system have AI motion detect so only human or vehicle shapes within 1 M of my car set off a notification on my tablet and phone.

Back