Pics that make you smile

I'm quite surprised we voted to leave the EU, but I think we got sick and tired of having our country ripped out from under our own feet. There's something wrong when a nation can't make its own highest laws and its capital city is mostly populated by people of recent foreign descent. We've had people immigrating for a loooooong, time, but they mostly fitted in with our ways. It's only in the last couple of decades that they've been allowed to rewrite our culture, redefine our nation. Sorry, you can tell me to embrace the diversity all you like, but the cultural genocide that's been going on in London is crazy. Don't even think to criticise that comment unless you live here and understand what has happened.

Fact is, leaving the EU was the only way to preserve our way of life. I think we all wanted to be in the "Common Market." But the way it morphed into the European Economic Community / European Community / European Union / Whatever Next was a cynical deception.

Our position in the EU was becoming increasingly uncomfortable for all. At least the bickering will now end.

Brexit.jpg

i somehow understand what british who vote leave feel. it's similar like Tibet, Hongkong and future maybe in Vietnam if we are unluky. :)
In Tibet, the first, chinese move into, alot of chinese. Until the tibetan is outnumber even in their homeland. And they are assimilation. In 100 years, there isnt tibetan, hongkong people... only chinese. :oops::mad:

Spare a thought for us Scots, I voted to leave along with the other leavers in the UK now SNP (Scottish Nationalist Party) want another independence referendum cos the leave/remain vote didn't go their way, so much for democracy. Their intention to slip in the back door back into the EU.

I can't understand why they wanted to break away from Westminster who set a lot of our laws etc but are hell bent on letting the EU rule us. The mind boggles.

I thought the last attempt to take Scotland out of the UK was just completely dumb but with the Brexit happening at least there is a legitimate reason for another referendum.

However... What would they do for currency? Scotland were never going to be allowed fiscal union with the remaining UK if they left last time. With the Brexit happening it would be even more impossible to have. You can't have one foot in the (non - EU) UK and the other in the EU.

If Scotland leaves the UK now and stays /rejoins the EU, they will HAVE to use the Euro and be PROPERLY independent from the UK.

I hope poor Nicola Sturgeon gets help with her speech impediment soon. It must be terribly distressing to be unable to finish a sentence without using the word "Scotland."

Sent from my tap-to-talk using Tapatalk

I can't understand why they wanted to break away from Westminster who set a lot of our laws etc but are hell bent on letting the EU rule us. The mind boggles.
She knows perfectly well that if Scotland left the UK then there is no way it could meet the conditions to enter the euro zone so would end up as totally independent, which is of course what the SNP really wants. Of course she would never win that vote now the oil price has plummeted, but it was a great opportunity for some self publicity.

For many other parts of the UK it was not all about immigration either, there were a lot of reasons people wanted to leave, such as Spain using huge factory ships to vacuum up all our fish while EU regulations wont let our little boats leave port:

20160624-hallen-london-thames-brexit-4000.jpg

Now the euro politicians are in a hurry to get us to leave, don't think many of the leave voters here are in any hurry, not starting until October is fine!

If she succeeds will we see border controls on the A1 A/M74 etc on the England side. EU migrants either sailing or flying into Scotland then making their way south of the border if no controls put in place.

The map of how different areas voted is VERY telling. Drive out of London to where the towns are still English in nature, and they voted to leave in those places.

And when I say English in nature I'm not talking about ethnicity. I'm talking about the look and feel of the PLACES.

Sent from my tap-to-talk using Tapatalk

Nice PSA.

Dont be a zoombie.

@Nigel

...spain is in a constant struggle of taking a breath between Brussel's chocking-attempts. They can't afford an act of war, and even Berlin ehhhm sorry Brussel won't accept such a thing.

But it is a danger, that the EU decides to get gibraltar...

@Rajagra

True words!
But always remember: EFTA is older than the EU/EC-idea... And it has been the EEC isolating itself from EFTA, not the other way around (as pro-EU-forces keep telling, even in switzerland!)

...it has been a very good idea; but the "United Europe" has been corrupted...

And I've seen the survey WHO voted for "in" and who for "out": first thing to realize: those who have never lived a time without EU, have choosen to remain in the EU and now are terryfied of what will happen... The others went "before EU, it was better"... (and they are right: overregulation, centralism and non-democratic "overlord-government" has always been a fast way to be beheaded... in all countries)

@mollydog

...the wall won't be built by UK government; trust me, the isolating force will be the EU; as everytime we swiss decide against EU. that's the way

@Auld Reekie

as our "Social Party": they want to be member in the "big gang", so they are members. They are so desperate, that they forget how bad the EU actually is, and that it also works without EU.

Just look at Turkey and Ukraine; they don't have EEC or "Bilateral Contracts"; free trade agreement including open borders for travelling (but not for workforces)...

@Bungus

please, oh please: there needs to be a bloody spot in the middle of that kneeling person: Switzerland is NOT a member of the EU (and hopefully will never be...)

probably only just "gnaa" followed by a dull "boing" when he/she hits the floor ;-)

Back