Pics that make you smile

I just read a few moments ago somewhere else

" The Chinese wall is considered one of the Seven World Wonders because it lasted longer then a week "

:D

chinese-wall.jpg

I just read a few moments ago somewhere else

" The Chinese wall is considered one of the Seven World Wonders because it lasted longer then a week "

it's a fit person that can walk it, it's so steep in sections, takes the wind out of you that's for sure, must have been a monster project building it

Walked up the Great walls of China 3 times at different provinces. Told my wife if I was a foot soldier then, I'd surrender after climbing up those steps let alone fight. And these were the remodeled and repaired ones for tourist. Cannot imagine how soldiers then can defend China from attacking forces.

Anyone fancy some holidays in the sun? You're welcome! :confused:

Regional 10-day forecast:
Previsão Santarém.png

Local 10-day forecast:
Previsão Torres Novas.png

Pictures like these don't make me smile, they make me want to get out of this country! :confused:

I would like to see that up here.

42 celcius, that's 315K for you Americams.

Bit much for my taste....

K ???? dont you mean F

Anyone fancy some holidays in the sun? You're welcome! :confused:
Pictures like these don't make me smile, they make me want to get out of this country! :confused:
f1E3pjQBt9ys.jpg

We just had our coldest morning in 4 years, we are 6 months away from nice hot days like those.
I hate the winter, can't wait for the hot weather to return.
The good news is I'll be in Bali in a few weeks time, nice and warm there.

Last edited:
Who measures temp in kelvin though
Physicists? People with unified unit systems?

Although my favourite unit would have to be "hogshead per fortnight"

(you guys missed another joke in there ;) )

You photographers should not complain. How the hell you ever got the candela in the SI as a Base Unit is far beyond me!

You photographers should not complain. How the hell you ever got the candela in the SI as a Base Unit is far beyond me!

We photographers generally can rely on a color temperature meter to figure these things out. I've done a lot of work in architectural settings with mixed lighting where these issues are important and challenging. Specific filters and exposure techniques are used according to color temperature measurements which are of course, in degrees of Kelvin.

Since when did you hear any complaints from photographers?

Anyway, there's this:

"The current definition of the candela was made in 1979, in terms of the watt at only one wavelength of light.
It is defined as: The luminous intensity, in a given direction, of a source that emits monochromatic radiation of frequency 540 x 1012 hertz and that has a radiant intensity in that direction of 1/683 watts per steradian (a unit of solid angle)."

So I guess it has to do with wattage.

SI.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Actually, some photographers, filmmakers and technicians use light meters that are capable of doing photometric readings that can measure footcandles, LUX, candellas and even footlamberts. I used to own one. They are used in technical scenarios, cinematography and certain specialized types of studio situations.

Last edited:
Back