Pics that make you smile

So I guess it has to do with wattage.
So now you're just doing it on purpoise (!) right?

Wattage? What is that?, I do know power.
Before you know it you'll be using poundage when referring to mass, or "footage" when you are referring to length.

So now you're just doing it on purpoise (!) right?

Wattage? What is that?, I do know power.
Before you know it you'll be using poundage when referring to mass, or "footage" when you are referring to length.

It was just a loosely used term referring to the definition and the SI base unit chart.

I would like to see that up here.
Take it! Take it all! Ask the Viking gods or whatever gods you can summon to swap Portugal's weather with Denmark. :confused::D

f1E3pjQBt9ys.jpg

We just had our coldest morning in 4 years, we are 6 months away from nice hot days like those.
I hate the winter, can't wait for the hot weather to return.
The good news is I'll be in Bali in a few weeks time, nice and warm there.
To add to my "misery", the humidity is below 30%. I don't have a problem with the heat itself (aircon solves that) but with the fact that I can't work because 90% of it is outdoors! :(
Can I move to Australia, please? :D

Last edited:
From next Friday and 2 weeks on i will be house sitting, and i would not mind if i could spend most of the days in the garden with the 2 dogs and just work on my tan.

To be honest i have not had a tan since 1990, but then i also looked like a person from far south of here.

Will have to export my favorites to a USB drive, that way i can use sisters laptop so i don't fall completely off the radar.

Walked up the Great walls of China 3 times at different provinces. Told my wife if I was a foot soldier then, I'd surrender after climbing up those steps let alone fight. And these were the remodeled and repaired ones for tourist. Cannot imagine how soldiers then can defend China from attacking forces.

The attackers were too lazy to climb over it, and swimming had not been invented, yet.

tumblr_ngne20YtSV1thcx27o1_540.jpg

Mongol is actually a name used for ppl suffering from Down syndrome, at least it is here.

Political correctness might change that soon :rolleyes:

latest

I saw Donald Duck on my vacation in Camden, Maine
That Duck terrorized all the other duck, when there tried to get close to the food. I wonder where it learned it from.
Make the pond great again.
Donald Duck.jpg

Physicists? People with unified unit systems?

Although my favourite unit would have to be "hogshead per fortnight"

(you guys missed another joke in there ;) )

Back in the 80's, when I worked at IBM, we had some equipment to pull silicon wafers from a furnace and the speed was around 5 inches per minute. But, being nerds, we calibrated in units of Furlongs per Fortnight. Worked out to about 2 Furlongs per Fortnight...

Brian

they were a great live act, last saw them play in 1982
They still are. A little older and chubbier :D but they're still performing live.

Not all of them, one of the original members died a while back

Great performers though all the same
I know. I didn't say it was the original line-up. The current drummer is their 3rd one, I believe.

I know. I didn't say it was the original line-up. The current drummer is their 3rd one, I believe.
Actually looking it up I can see two of the original members are no longer around, I know the lineup had changed a few times, still great showman all the same, I think I have 4 or 5 of their albums that I still play occasionally

The time I saw them they had a 50 piece string orchestra on before them playing their songs classical style, seems at odds with their style of music but the whole crowd were really into it, awesome show

Yes, Alan Myers, the drummer that shaped DEVO's sound, in 2013 and Bob Casale just a year later but as long as the Mothersbaugh brothers are around DEVO will always sound like DEVO.

Back