Pics that make you smile

there's 2 things i can't believe about all this IoT crap. the fact that companies are charging outrageous premiums over the same product without wifi (base crock pot is like $25, the wifi one was $75... regular fridge is $1500-2000, one with wifi and a huge touchscreen is $4000)... and the fact that PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY BUYING ALL THIS $#!+!!!!...
From my Marketing 101 class: If you have a product/service that can make you money and there is no market for it - Create The Market! Anyone remember pet rocks? :rolleyes:

IMO there's only 3 things that can legitimately be connected to the 'net: 1) computers, 2)smart phones (although I guess they are kind of the same thing) and, 3) smart TV/DVR/DVD player. OK, thinking about it I guess I will add a home security system to that list. Anything beyond that is marketing BS.

...there aren't enough facepalm gifs in the world...
+1

From my Marketing 101 class: If you have a product/service that can make you money and there is no market for it - Create The Market! Anyone remember pet rocks? :rolleyes:

IMO there's only 3 things that can legitimately be connected to the 'net: 1) computers, 2)smart phones (although I guess they are kind of the same thing) and, 3) smart TV/DVR/DVD player. OK, thinking about it I guess I will add a home security system to that list. Anything beyond that is marketing BS.

+1

No man, You've missed one!........Interactive WiFi Sex Toys! :D

"Now You Can Control A Stranger's Sex Toy Via The Internet"

https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales/lovepalz/zeus-s-blue

Setting aside my fear of having a lipo battery that close to my most beloved body parts, i have ordered one :D

I have also ordered the Howard Wolowitz kissing machine.

I think i am ready for a real date in 10 years time.

I do like smart things, but connecting them to the internet make them instantly a no go for me.

Girlfriend......."How could you?!"

Boyfriend......."I'm really, really sorry honey, it wasn't me operating the toy. I got hacked! ":p

Aside for some fruits i only need veg if its on top of meat.
But i am a nice guy so i dont eat the fish, those i just kill off slowly with mirco plastics and what not.

So thats what Elvis was doing in those final minutes

there's 2 things i can't believe about all this IoT crap. the fact that companies are charging outrageous premiums over the same product without wifi (base crock pot is like $25, the wifi one was $75... regular fridge is $1500-2000, one with wifi and a huge touchscreen is $4000)... and the fact that PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY BUYING ALL THIS $#!+!!!!

there aren't enough facepalm gifs in the world...

...Braun (that electronics-company famous for their hardly working shavers) just published an electrical tooth-brush WITH BUILT IN BLUETOOTH!!!!!!

(and since then, I'm trying to contact the mothership, i must be an alien and i want to leave this planet asap before i get infected ;-)

...Braun (that electronics-company famous for their hardly working shavers) just published an electrical tooth-brush WITH BUILT IN BLUETOOTH!!!!!!

I was given one of these a few months ago, have never used it though so no idea what the bluetooth is all about, not using it was more about not understanding why I would want a $300 toothbrush in the first place

This whole thing reminds me of the famous Rod Serling Twilight Zone episode from 1960 titled "A Thing About Machines". It seems weirdly prescient now.

It's about a guy who constantly abuses machines and appliances and then starts to think machines are conspiring against him. The people he tells about this write him off as paranoid, but eventually every machine in his house (including his car) turns on him and kills him.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734551/ "Bartlett Finchley's paranoia about the machines around proves true."

Sound like the world would be a better place if Braun made sex toys.

That just made me think of the most frustrating sex toy ever, a wind up one. :D

So if we add WiFi to the infamous balance band, it will work even better ?

balance.jpg

Can you find better news than this.:)
I knew there was something fishy about the feminist movement.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...benefit-men-s-health.html?ito=social-facebook

Housework adds 3 years to your life (if you're a woman)... but cleaning, hoovering and doing the laundry is of little benefit to men's health
  • Men better off in the garden than doing housework says Dutch research
  • The news might not be very popular - but the benefit is only seen in women
  • Difference might be because women do more domestic work than men do

It's probably not the most popular piece of health advice ever dished out – but researchers say that doing the housework can add years to your life.
    They found that women who clean, hoover and do the laundry are likely to live almost three years longer.
    But men can breathe a sigh of relief – housework appears to have little effect on them. They are better off in the garden, according to research by Dutch academics.

The team from University Medical Centre Rotterdam found that a 55-year-old woman who does little around the house is likely to live to see her 83rd birthday – but that those who keep on top of the housework should live on to the age of 86.

The benefit for men is much less marked. Their efforts with the loo brush will only buy them an extra year.
    But men who do the gardening live 2.7 years longer, while working outside the home has little effect on women.
    Dr Klodian Dhana, who led the research team, said the differences ‘may partly be explained by the fact that men engaged in more gardening and women in domestic work’.
    The study of more than 7,000 men and women asked questions on lifestyle then followed them for decades.
    0C5C8057000005DC-3863464-image-a-18_1477185505757.jpg

Mmmmmm She is a nice bit of Crumpet :)

Well if she cant, she will quickly learn in my house :p

Back