Pics that make you smile

I had a six foot plus tall 300 lb black bear at the bird feeder on my deck a couple of years ago, so yes that polar bear must have been way bigger than that! Sure was interesting watching that black bear on the other side of the sliding glass door going out to my deck. He was hunched over the bird feeder which is six feet from the floor of the deck. By the time he was finished he was laying on his back with the bird feeder between his paws shaking the seeds into his mouth.

I had a six foot plus tall 300 lb black bear at the bird feeder on my deck a couple of years ago, so yes that polar bear must have been way bigger than that!

in China where the safety regulations are a bit softer you can get up close with some of these types of animals at the zoo and you can appreciate just how big and powerful some of them are

guide_to_bears_by_patchi1995-d7k4toi.jpg

The American black bear are tiny compared to its white cousin.

Like the polar bear photo I posted, this one isn't necessarily one to "make you smile" either but since we're talking wildlife, you guys may find this interesting.

Yesterday, I witnessed something I have never ever personally seen before. I observed a common Eastern gray squirrel stalk, attack, kill and eat a bird at my feeder! It was a Downy woodpecker, a female, part of a mated pair that has been visiting my feeders all winter. Apparently, squirrels are indeed carnivorous predators. It is relatively rare, but it happens.

killersquirrel.jpg

Last edited:
Yes there is quite a few animals that is normally on a non meat diet, that will eat meat in times of need, not long ago i read about some birds flying into a cave to eat bats in there, and this was like little sparrows or finches.

Also heard lately that in the oceans for every 5 tonnes of fish there is 1 ton of plastic floating around :oops:

Like the polar bear photo I posted, this one isn't necessarily one to "make you smile" either but since we're talking wildlife, you guys may find this interesting.

Yesterday, I witnessed something I have never ever personally seen before. I observed a common Eastern gray squirrel stalk, attack, kill and eat a bird at my feeder! It was a Downy woodpecker, a female, part of a mated pair that has been visiting my feeders all winter. Apparently, squirrels are indeed carnivorous predators. It is relatively rare, but it happens.

View attachment 29055

I would label that as 'unexpected'.

Morten%20Andersen%20Cropped_1486258511361_2704183_ver1.0.png

Im thinking 2 teams squaring off soon would love to have a kicker like that :)

At the end of his career Andersen held the following NFL records (As of 2009):

• Most games played (career) – 382[17]
  • Most consecutive games played by a placekicker – 248
  • Most field goals attempted (career) – 709[18]
  • Most field goals (career) – 565[19]
  • Most points (career) – 2,544[20]
  • Most seasons, 75 or more points (career) – 24[21]
  • Most consecutive seasons, 75 or more points (career) – 23
  • Most seasons, 90 or more points (career) – 22[22]
  • Most game winning field goals (career) – 103
  • Games with 1+ field goals (career) – 299[23]
  • Games with 2+ field goals (career) – 178[24]
  • Oldest player to score 14 points in a game – 47 years, 133 days (for Atlanta Falcons vs. Seattle Seahawks, December 30, 2007)[25]
  • Oldest player to kick 4 field goals in a game – 47 years, 42 days (for Atlanta Falcons vs. Houston Texans, September 30, 2007)[26]
  • Oldest player to kick 5 field goals in a game – 46 years, 43 days[27]
  • Most field goals (50 or more yards) in a game – 3 (vs. New Orleans, December 10, 1995) (tied with several players)
  • Most consecutive games scoring (career) – 360
  • Most games scoring (career) – 379
  • Most consecutive seasons scoring (career) – 23 – tied with Gary Anderson
  • Most consecutive calendar years scoring (career) – 26
Team Scoring Records:

• New Orleans Saints- 1,318 points
  • Atlanta Falcons – 806 points
(One of two players to have held career statistical franchise record for two NFL teams)

• New Orleans Saints – FGs made/attempted: 302/389
  • Atlanta Falcons – FGs made/attempted: 184/224
  • New Orleans Saints – PATs made/attempted: 412/418
  • Atlanta Falcons – PATs made/attempted: 254/256
Pro Bowl records:

• Most points in Pro Bowl (total) – 45 (15 points after touchdown, 10 field goals)
  • Most points after touchdown in Pro Bowl (total) – 15
  • Most field goal attempts in Pro Bowl (total) – 18
  • Most field goals in Pro Bowl (total) – 10

I really think its too bad you dont get a Colt or a S&W in welcome present, it dosent get much more American than those 2 brands.

Back