Pics that make you smile

I would love a Hayabusa motor in my little Suzuki, that would triple my power and add a more nice sound to my car :cool:

But if i recall right you can not boost a car here with more than 6% (n)
hey the busa motor is only 1.3L right? isn't that about what's in your car? and it's even the same brand! :P

Bike engines in cars is old stuff. But today's bike engines have stronger cranks and stronger engine cases which makes the idea more viable than ever. I still wonder why they are not making comparable power in car engines- that makes no sense at all to me :( My own go-fast days are over. What I want from my engines now is low-RPM torque which extends into the mid-RPM range which is far more useful in daily driving even if it won't win any races. Lazy comfortable power is a better match to my age :whistle:

I'm not a fan of convertibles but I can see their appeal. If I want to be open to the world and the elements then I'll chose a bike instead- less compromise that way :rolleyes: I don't like windshields or large fairings on bikes for the same reason. You either is or you ain't :cool:

I do like everyone having choices so get what you like and enjoy the ride :D

Phil

most people probably don't like revving to 13k rpm in a car to make any appreciable power. and afaik, most I4 bike motors don't make much torque down low, so that's not very useful in a car.

i definitely enjoy the smooth, quiet power delivery (below 3k rpm) from the 3.5L v6 in my rav4. it's even better with the hybrid in my wife's highlander - at times it really is completely silent since the motor has turned off. you gotta love the instant torque of the electric drive!

A trick that could be used with success on a range of other trendy gadgets.

No.
ajXbrYg_460s.jpg

Just dont,,,,,,, Mkay

hqdefault.jpg

K2 RUM = (close to) the correct pronunciation of "Caterham" - KAY tur um = K-2-rum

no but that sounds even more scary than that s2000-powered 7 replica we had here. we semi-jokingly said he was driving an s2k motor with a seat attached.

i saw a formula SAE (looks something like this - chassis and running gear typically completely scratch-built and then driven by college students as their ongoing class project) with a single hayabusa motor in it, and it was by far the fastest vehicle on course that day, even faster than the shifter karts.

Hi Gibson, what is a hayabusa engine? I've never hear of it before.

A Hayabusa or GSX1300R are a fiercely fast motorcycle made by Suzuki, people have been putting that engine in / on a lot of things, just like the Americans do "LS swap" which mean taking the LS engine of a corvette and slam it into something less powerful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_Hayabusa

On a side note Suzuki GSX bikes in all their sizes are know in the biking community as a Gixxer that sort of sound like GSXR

Last edited:
The Hayabusa was the first uber-superbike :cool: It is so fast that the factory software has a speed limiter programmed in to make it road-legal. It's usually regulated down to 170 - 185MPH in most markets but can otherwise see 200MPH :p Big money is paid for the computers sold in the few unlimited speed markets.

The ZX11R would have been the first uber-superbike but it was more for straight-line speed where the Hayabusa went for all-round speed; essentially a store-bought road racer ;)

Sorry folks, but my courage fails me at around 150MPH and that was over a decade ago so it's probably even lower now :rolleyes:

Phil

I have gotten drunk while doing around 300 km/h, but that was leaned back in a train ( The French TGV )

My car are 1000 CCM, so by motorcycle engine power my car should have 100 BHP at least, but it only have 55
But its okay by me, not least since trucks have also been allowed to do 80 km/h on the highways as opposed to 70 km/h in the old days.

So now i just settle in the slipstream of the trucks and lean back.
But i dont have the guts to get real close to their back to get a much better draft.

Back