Pics that make you smile

Smart dog according to the Ford haters. :D

I am not that strong in modern American pickups, it seem like they too have begun to all look alike.
Is South Africa they say for stands for First On the Rubbish Dump. ( Because it is towing all the vehicles to the rubbish dump)

In Afrikaan they say Ford stand for Fokken Ordentlike Ry Ding.:)
Translated it means Freegin Decent Ride Thing.:D

Is South Africa they say for stands for First On the Rubbish Dump. ( Because it is towing all the vehicles to the rubbish dump)

In Afrikaan they say Ford stand for Fokken Ordentlike Ry Ding.:)
Translated it means Freegin Decent Ride Thing.:D
Found On Road Dead
Fix Or Repair Daily

"Ordentlike" is spelled ordentlig in Danish, but no way near pronounced like in the Afrikaans language, But ordentlig also translate to Decently / proper and other things depending on who you ask and what the translator support outside of the most clinically clean Danish language.

Just one of the little things making Danish so hard for others to learn, so in this case the same word can be used in like 10 different ways.

Quite a few words in Danish with Dutch origin, and so it should be the Dutch bailed us out at least one time, if they dident then i would probably be sitting in Sweden now.
And we are both historically both large seafaring nations.

I think the English F.ck is in the Danish dictionary and "thing" is ting in Danish, the same just no h in Danish, and the Afrikaans / Dutch / German "ding" that's their word for thing.

About 600 words in the English language originate from Denmark / Danish

My mind are a raging torrent of languages :D

Last edited:
Little known fact: that is exactly what indicators are for. They emit photons, and thanks to particle/wave duality they have mass, the weight of which opposes the tendency to roll away from the turn. So you are less likely to roll over.

BMW drivers take note.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
aADdMod_460s.jpg

Sounds like you are not a MOPAR guy Gibson :D

Cracked Heads, Every Valve Rattles, Oil Leaks Everywhere Too :p

Ironically the Chevrolet brothers got their start in automotives by manufacturing racing parts for the Ford Model T engines under the name "Frontenac". They were best known for their "D.O. Fronty" cylinder head, a 4 valves per cylinder twin-overhead cam cross-flow type that is still commonly used today ;) They helped Ford become
First On Race Day :cool:

Phil

And the Dodge brothers was big into Ford before they split off to make their own.

Race on Sunday, sell on Monday.

Sounds like you are not a MOPAR guy Gibson :D
Not really... About the only American vehicles I like are the Corvette, viper, and some classics like the old bel Aire, de Soto, corvair, and trucks.

Though I do like the looks of the Holden maloo and monaro. American parent company at least...

The new RC truck i have on order come with a Toyota FJ body
That thing sure as hell arnt the most pretty thing around.
117165.jpg

I will probably have to find another body down the line, but have to run with that yota body to start with.

That thing sure as hell arnt the most pretty thing around...
Neither is the real thing - but this one has a real interesting tread pattern. :)

FJ-Cruiser.jpg

Same with the Toyota C-HR, and it is designed by a Dane
chr-dynamic-metal.png

Not really... About the only American vehicles I like are the Corvette, viper, and some classics like the old bel Aire, de Soto, corvair, and trucks.

Though I do like the looks of the Holden maloo and monaro. American parent company at least...

Have you heard about the Bollinger B1 - announced two days ago?

All-electric sport utility truck with 360 horsepower and up to 200 miles of range - 472 pound-feet of torque - 0-60 in 4.5 secs - $60,000.

It's a kind of anti-Tesla/Chevy Bolt sort of analogue/digital no nonsense vehicle with few bells and whistles but lots of grit.

Interesting story: https://www.theverge.com/transportation/2017/7/27/16052118/bollinger-b1-electric-sport-truck-outdoors

bolinger.jpg

Last edited:
117165.jpg

I will probably have to find another body down the line, but have to run with that yota body to start with.
Driving one is horrid too. Massive blind spots, and you can't really see behind you because the spare is so high. And the suicide doors are a joke. They're surprisingly quiet on the highway though... So smooth that the first time I drove one with a manual, I nearly stalled out because apparently 6th gear can't do 10 mph through a turn. :p

117165.jpg

Looks like the roof rack would be a great place to mount cameras!

Well i will have a god like perspective driving my Toyota FJ :D so i should be good not least as the top speed is like slow jogging speed.

Looks like the roof rack would be a great place to mount cameras!

Thats what i was thinking too, at least until i have made up a light bar, but that can wait until next year as i doubt we will be doing any night drives this year.
But the SJ cams will look a little silly but they are all i have with EIS and that is needed as these little suckers drive in a rough terrain if you scale that up to fit the 1:10 car.
Just top speed on these and a on board camera and things start to get quite bouncy and hard to watch as sadly the suspension on them while proper oil shocks and all their function just dont scale as well.

Putting the camera up high some 5-6 inches over the car and you can almost get seasick watching the footage even if i drive as slow as i can.

Last edited:
Thats what i was thinking too, at least until i have made up a light bar, but that can wait until next year as i doubt we will be doing any night drives this year.
But the SJ cams will look a little silly but they are all i have with EIS and that is needed as these little suckers drive in a rough terrain if you scale that up to fit the 1:10 car.
Just top speed on these and a on board camera and things start to get quite bouncy and hard to watch as sadly the suspension on them while proper oil shocks and all their function just dont scale as well.

Putting the camera up high some 5-6 inches over the car and you can almost get seasick watching the footage even if i drive as slow as i can.

All in all, it looks like lots of fun. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back