Pics that make you smile

We just got a little snow here - only happens about once every 10 years in Houston. It didn't stick here at my house but just a few miles up the road in chappel Hill, it did... And it's apparently still snowing:
Screenshot_2017-12-07-22-57-21-1.jpg

Edit: just let the dog out before going to bed, and it's still snowing here, and actually sticking!
IMG_20171207_234806~01.jpg

Last edited:
@kamkar1 -any truth to this? The caption on this pic said "Sweden wanted a bridge, Denmark wanted a tunnel. We compromised."

aq1oL8P_460s.jpg

I am not sure if either side wanted their solution all the way, but the connection between us are a combined one with bridge and tunnel.

On the great belt bridge its the same for trains, after they crossed the main span of the bridge from the west the tracks go down a tunnel, but the cars stay in the sun all the way.

I dont even think its the same TBMs ( Tunnel Boring Machines ) that was used for both bridges, actually come to think of it the tunnel part of the bridge to Sweden are concrete tubes sunk down in a trench dug in the mainly chalky bottom.

Its also the same approach they want to take with the connection to Germany.

Here is a video of the drive across from Denmark to Sweden, the bridge are off course on the Swedish side of oresund so passage for ships are best possible, this are after all on the entrance to the Baltic sea so we cant block it, or collect taxes for passage like in the good old days.

When you round Skagen on the Top of Jutland you have 2 main choices for your passage into the Baltic sea, and i recall they are called route Hotel and route Tango, one go down between Sweden and Denmark, the other one pass under the great belt bridge between Fuen and Zeeland islands.

Both bridges should allow for passage of the biggest ships around.

Its also where we told our American friends that cargo vessels with suspicious looking missile parts was leaving Russia, and later we learned with Cuba as the destination,,,,,,,,,,, you are welcome :D
Also we monitored the comings and goings of all Russian Baltic sea fleet for our NATO friends.

We just got a little snow here - only happens about once every 10 years in Houston. It didn't stick here at my house but just a few miles up the road in chappel Hill, it did... And it's apparently still snowing:
View attachment 34927

Edit: just let the dog out before going to bed, and it's still snowing here, and actually sticking!
View attachment 34928
Meanwhile, Summer came back to Los Angeles. :(

Meanwhile, Summer came back to Los Angeles. :(
oh, i'm sure it'll be back up to 80f by christmas (if not higher and sooner)... i remember lots of christmases past where we went outside to play with new toys (bike, rc car, etc) wearing shorts and a t-shirt. that's just life on the gulf coast.

E tits now,,,,,, sound like you need me to send you some links ;)

Though after i signed up on tumbler i found out there are a lot of Mmmmm stuff on that site.

Wow, that's useful information for us.....

vlcsnap-2017-12-05-17h56m14s831.png

Don't come across this every day.....

Heavy old restored truck, skinny tires in the snow, salt on the metal, I call hero....!!

And then this colleagues pass me, in the heavy snow, and I'm already going 70 kph..... what a ....

This might actually be the wrong thead, cause that did definitely NOT make me smile....

Some screenshots from the REAL Top Gear show, to bad it had to end that sad.....

Cpt. Slow, Hamster and The Ape: you RULE!

vlcsnap-2014-04-05-01h04m33s66.png Schermopname (67).png vlcsnap-2014-03-01-01h27m40s252.png vlcsnap-2014-03-01-01h44m51s90.png vlcsnap-2014-03-01-01h47m59s168.png vlcsnap-2014-03-08-20h25m13s51.png vlcsnap-2014-03-22-01h30m24s114.png vlcsnap-2014-03-22-01h58m14s204.png vlcsnap-2014-04-05-01h00m43s77.png vlcsnap-2014-04-05-01h02m58s150.png

And there are lots more, but I can only post 10 pics....

I got more, should I post? Like it?

Back