Pics that make you smile

The 'pepper spray' video reminds me I have a small can in my pickup truck in an overhead console. It used to belong to my ex-wife, but I figured I'd hide it from her when things turned south. :)

I'm not sure I'd trust it in an emergency, it's old, and there's a .45 in the pickup I'm more familiar with.

I still don't think I'd roll the window down enough to spray those thugs.

DVZ15XCWkAAhh4M
Starman memes have begun!

you mentioned pepper spray... normally i don't go for the "road rage" videos, but i saw this compilation this morning and it was VERY satisfying (except for 2 of the clips - you'll know which ones).

These videos show very clearly that a mace is safer than brutal violence.

My dentist are female, but i am not going to pull a Trump on her.
Besides the pain she are able to dish out are nothing compared to see a politician on TV

Sounds like click bait. "He changed history with this one simple trick!" Or "the moment when he knew that his life was changed forever"
Not quite. It is a picture of a conversation about not having email and what it lead to (and all on one page).
I do not like click bait.

Not quite. It is a picture of a conversation about not having email and what it lead to (and all on one page).
I do not like click bait.

I clicked on the bait, and TBH it wasn't bad but it also seems as phony as a $3 bill :( More like a feely-good placebo pill for those so inclined to want them :rolleyes:

The concept of email can be traced directly back to "Packet radio" developed by Ham Radio folks back in the 70's, and uses a lot of the same concepts and protocols even now. The main difference is that email is not done over the airwaves and is self-routing, whereas the Ham system required that you choose and direct the message route yourself. There are still a few Packet nodes operational in more densely populated areas :cool:

Phil

Sounds like click bait. "He changed history with this one simple trick!" Or "the moment when he knew that his life was changed forever"
Yes, have read that story before, just a make-believe story, never happened in real life :p

Last tuk tuk driver must have awesome leg if the other 2 are freewheeling.

still want to know the fate of the center core. doesn't look good with the way they abruptly ended the webcast,
According to the press conference last night, the center core tried to do a hard 3 engine landing burn similar to the one a week ago (instead of the standard single engine landing burn). Problem is, only one engine lit, not all 3. So the core hit the ocean at about 500kmh, about 100m away from the drone ship. Threw shrapnel all over the drone ship and destroyed 2 of the drone ship's engines.

More info on the 3 engine landing burn and some great technical discussion in the comments here: https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/02/amazingly-spacex-fails-to-expend-its-rocket/

In the same press conference, he said there was only a mannequin inside the suit, and no instrumentation. But that it was in fact a real space suit, one of the test articles used to certify their design.

Last edited:
Move over blue-gold internet dress, here's the next head-scratching internet optical illusion:
These photos are identical, pixel for pixel, but side-by-side they look totally different. :unsure:
View attachment 36291
If you cross your eyes so that there are 3 pictures and then focus on the center one, it confirms that they're the same since it still doesn't look 3d or anything. Yet looking at it normally, the road in the right picture seems to be aimed more to the right.

If you cross your eyes so that there are 3 pictures and then focus on the center one, it confirms that they're the same since it still doesn't look 3d or anything. Yet looking at it normally, the road in the right picture seems to be aimed more to the right.

I confirmed that they were identical in Photoshop. I copied the right image and pasted it over the left image at half density and they lined up perfectly. Our brain sure twists the two identical side by side images into quite an interesting illusion.

Back