Pics that make you smile

aGjRX0n_460s.jpg

O hell yeah i will be watching too, and i really want to see footage of that car getting parked in orbit out there.
And if those 2 boosters come down like in the animation i am going to freak completely.

I do hope they have stripped the car from its power pack as those batteries dont handle cold good, and its not warm out there, or rather some times its freezing cold and other times blistering hot.

O hell yeah i will be watching too, and i really want to see footage of that car getting parked in orbit out there.
And if those 2 boosters come down like in the animation i am going to freak completely.

I do hope they have stripped the car from its power pack as those batteries dont handle cold good, and its not warm out there, or rather some times its freezing cold and other times blistering hot.
Yes I think they drained all fluids (brake, coolant), probably removed the valve stems from tires so they don't explode, and replaced the battery with a chunk of aluminum ballast since I think the battery is structural in the original roadster.

Don't need anything to destabilize the craft on the way up.

well the shape of the Falcon heavy and other ones like the Delta IV heavy are inherent unstable as i understand it, you will need prefect engine throttling and thrust vectoring to keep a "pancake" like that going the right direction.
We had all kind of problems trying to cluster black powder engines when we played with those, when it worked it was just pure luck and that was at best 1 in 3 attempts.
But off course those liquid engines are a whole other ballgame, but at least you can throttle them up and down, not sure what kind of animal engine start are on such contraptions.

Apparently the space man in the CG video wasn't just a joke!

92Est6M.jpg

Looks like camera booms on there too. Hopefully there's some video transmission gear and enough battery or solar to send back telemetry from the destination orbit.

On closer inspection, the wheels and tires seem to be poorly photoshopped into the car in this pic. Wonder what that's about.

Last edited:
I still prefer the original, C1 beat glorified battery powered toy

Space is the place where you can play car stereo at night at max volume:p

Where are the vikings now?
At the kindergarten(y)

Yeah, but sadly that's "beaten" out of them before they get old, we desperately need some more viking in Danish society today.
But good kids are dirty and tired kids :) same i feel about dogs, maybe minus the dirty part, a good & happy dog are a tired dog.

I never liked pedagogues, but its related to my dislike for limitations on what i can and can not do, so even today its only the core structures of Danish society i can somewhat deal with.
Though i EDC a little pocket knife not larger than the kids knifes, and that's actually illegal for me to do, but i dont mind as this is one case where i think Danish society have branched off in a wrong direction.
sadly we seem to favor group punishment here, so say some one do something bad with a knife, ban knifes for every one, this are off course insane for normal sane people.

But soon Danes might be allowed to have a can of pepper spray at home for self defense, and even carry it if you get a permission for that :confused:

This country could be so much better if it got fixed, cuz really we departed from sanity decades ago.

Last edited:
Same here, criminals can use whatever they want but honest citizen can't use pepper spray to defend themselves.
There is so many countries where they are legal and society is still standing.

Its official, count my mind blown :cool:
blown mind.jpg
mind blown 2.jpg
blown mind 3.jpg

Attachments

• blown mind 3.jpg
    blown mind 3.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
1517958506085.png

still want to know the fate of the center core. doesn't look good with the way they abruptly ended the webcast, but still pretty awesome to watch both side cores land at the same time! i would not be surprised if they have bio sensors in the space suit to monitor g-force, atmospheric pressure, temp, etc - why NOT have yet another test as part of this launch? g-sensors could help get the rocket man-rated, though they might not be entirely accurate, considering it's in a car and not a normal launch seat. still though, would be useful data!

live stream from SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

Same here, criminals can use whatever they want but honest citizen can't use pepper spray to defend themselves.
There is so many countries where they are legal and society is still standing.
you mentioned pepper spray... normally i don't go for the "road rage" videos, but i saw this compilation this morning and it was VERY satisfying (except for 2 of the clips - you'll know which ones).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back