Pics that make you smile

I still have some escudos left over from my 3 weeks in Lisbon in 1991, i wonder what 50 of them will get me.

Since i am a gentleman i will make do with a guided tour and a good meal. :)

When i was there i met nothing but nice ppl, even when we was at the FIFA world youth championship ( i think it was ) football final ( Brasil Vs portugal )
On Estadio de luz.
I never been much into football or sucker as the US ppl call it, but since it was free ( paid by the Lisnave shipyeard ) it was okay, but a boring end with a 0 - 0 game and then penalties shootout ending at 4 - 2 in favor of the local boys.

I still have some escudos left over from my 3 weeks in Lisbon in 1991, i wonder what 50 of them will get me.
Well, you won't get nothing in Escudos, as it's out of circulation since 2005, I think. If you translate that into Euros you'll end up with 25 cents, which allows you to buy... nothing! :p

I never been much into football or sucker as the US ppl call it, but since it was free ( paid by the Lisnave shipyeard ) it was okay, but a boring end with a 0 - 0 game and then penalties shootout ending at 4 - 2 in favor of the local boys.
Oh, you were here working at the Lisnave! Did you know that they move from Cacilhas to Setúbal in 2000? They went to the former Setenave's shipyard (Mitrena), which had better conditions to build and repair bigger ships.

I was there for 3-4 weeks with the ship MT Torn Gunhild, not long down the street toward town there was a bar called Copenhagen bar is my memory serve me right.

Just googled and it seem like a lot have happned along Av. Aliança Povo M.F.A

yeah i just seen they must have moved far from town, but the old yard is still there i see on google, all the boats that use to cross before the bridge was build seem to be in the old shipyard.
Copenhagen bar seem to be gone now :D i wasent there often and when i was there i was allmost alone exept for the other Danish sailors.

Well, you won't get nothing in Escudos, as it's out of circulation since 2005, I think. If you translate that into Euros you'll end up with 25 cents, which allows you to buy... nothing! :p

25 cents will get you 5
Gorila.pastilha-300x221.png
of this bubble gums

haha thank god this was before the interweb, but i was once on the front page of the local paper with 8 or so of those large bubblegums in my mouth.

I did not look that smart in that pic, but lucky this is allmost 40 years ago

haha thank god this was before the interweb, but i was once on the front page of the local paper with 8 or so of those large bubblegums in my mouth.

I did not look that smart in that pic, but lucky this is allmost 40 years ago

one of the advantages of being older is we did all the stupid stuff before the internet happened ;)

one of the advantages of being older is we did all the stupid stuff before the internet happened ;)
I'd say "one of the advantages of our generation" because today's generation post all their stupid stuff immediately online for everyone to see and cherish for many years. :D

I'll bet a lot of those ads are going to get pulled now.
The problem is that a lot of people are going to think that because those cars are over the emissions limit they're going to leave clouds of black smoke behind them and dirty the old lady's scarfs, and it could lead to some misconceptions about diesel vehicles. It's impressive how clean the exhaust of a modern diesel car is! But of course that has nothing to do with the pollution.

Thats the problem with me, naive as i am i think some ppl might actually be able to learn from my mistakes.

In regard to dieselgate,what did ppl expect ?
Its been know for a long time the milage the makers claim ther car can do is overestimated and can only be met if a long string of factors are met.
In actual driving you will never get near what the maker of your car claim.

And anyway where i live you can have a car that go 1/2 MPG, you just have to pay a higher annual pollution tax. And that tax never get so expensive its not worth driving a gas guzzler, which again lead me to think rich ppl have all the fun, and dont give a hoot about anything. :rolleyes:
So as i undestand it consensus here is if you just pay up, then no problem, and if you dont have any kids, well then no need to feel guilty.

Pffft. I reckon all they did was optimise performance to pass the specific conditions of the test. And that's something all manufacturers have been doing since emissions tests began. Same thing for noise levels.

Pffft. I reckon all they did was optimise performance to pass the specific conditions of the test. And that's something all manufacturers have been doing since emissions tests began. Same thing for noise levels.
And the thing is, they just did it on some engines (from what I gathered, the ones deriving from the old 1.9 8 valve TDIs). The rest are just fine but some news reports are giving public opinion the perception that all VW group diesel engines were rigged, which is completely false.
I just hope it doesn't affect their factory here in Palmela, which produces the Scirocco, the Sharan and the Eos, because none of them uses said engines. It would be a major blow to our still weak economy if it did. :(

The rest are just fine but some news reports are giving public opinion the perception that all VW group diesel engines were rigged, which is completely false.
Just business: some tries to fill the market space (in place of VW) and the other simply lost their confidence in VW.
higher annual pollution tax
I only paid around 250 € for the registration card + 30 € for the plate numbers and that's all. There is no other tax here, excepting the annual insurance tax.

O :eek: keep those girls avay from me, i can only hold my breath for 20 seconds MAX.
And i am sure thats not the only way they could kill me ;),,,, yeeehaw

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back