OP
kamkar1

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
@DashCamMan I just had a dream where you deleted this thread and several others in the forum, in a " major overhaul" as you called in my dream.
But i hope it don't require that much work.

Besides people should also know where you are, this if off topic
To me its a little like walking into a port side bar frequented by sailors and dock workers, and be hell bend on only talking fine wine - best school for your kids and which Rolls Royce to get.
Still no matter what and where you must talk nice to people, and always remember this is the internet so really there are no reason to go into a heated debate over anything, the faster you can realize you do not agree with the other part and move on to something else the better.
I can tell for sure that if i was not able to do that, well then i would not have my one friend cuz we disagree on a lot of things, and as i see it it is always me who have to back down.
But that do not make me subservient to my friend, he actually say that's one of the things he like about me, is that i am just as headstrong as he is so we quickly agree to disagree, and move on.

Also you could be engaging a person who have English as his 2 language, and while he may appear to be good at it, i can tell everyone that some times i use 10 point English words, and often i have misunderstood their meaning or use them in the wrong context, you just don't see that often as i mostly catch the mistake before i hit post reply,,,,,,, or i see it right after it have gone up and i hurry to edit or rephrase.

I can also understand the English speaking and writing people, that other people raping their language got to be annoying, i know i get that way myself when i read a newspaper and it have spelling errors in it.
But again you cant loose context here, so just suck it up and move on.

OP
kamkar1

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Funny thing,,,,, yes its those zany Danes and their weird language again.

So back in the day the trains cuffing over the American Prairie was fitted with a so called cowcatcher in the front, this is called a kofanger in Danish ( ko = cow / fanger = catcher )
But here is the funny thing, Danes to this day still call a cars bumper a "kofanger" though no car was ever designed to bump cows out of the way, but of course the bumper in the old days was meant to catch those little bumps in between cars.
And today, well cars don't really have bumpers just a sleek piece of plastic that's more there for the aerodynamics and look, and nobody it seem get any little bumps,,,, and mind you little bumps that are more severe now that cars are made of foil instead of good old sheet metal.
And now i hear skandinavians are in uproar on social media over some commercial from SAS airlines. :)

Sometimes i sigh so hard my computer monitor almost fall over backwards and onto the floor.

Last edited:

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1, A129, B1W, B2W
So back in the day the trains cuffing over the American Prairie was fitted with a so called cowcatcher in the front, this is called a kofanger in Danish ( ko = cow / fanger = catcher )
I think that is a British word, the device was invented in 1838 by Charles Babbage due to a problem with cows on the world's first intercity railway, the Liverpool and Manchester Railway (L&M). He also invented the digital computer, the black box recorder and renewable energy as a replacement for coal!

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1, A129, B1W, B2W
And now i hear skandinavians are in uproar on social media over some commercial from SAS airlines. :)
Not a bad advert, if only they had imported some less depressing music, at least for the end part, and maybe used the word "almost"!

OP
kamkar1

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
I know Babbage of course, in this part of the world he is hard to get around if you are into engineering and invention
And its not cuz of some Hollywood movie, but rather good informative TV ( the way TV should be )
But it is of course not a encyclopedic knowledge of him i have, in matters like that my brain do its own thing.

OP
kamkar1

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
BTW the Agency that made the commercial for SAS, well they got a bomb threat and the whole street had to be cleared,,,,, for nothing, cuz that's how we Danes operate. :rolleyes:

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1, A129, B1W, B2W
BTW the Agency that made the commercial for SAS, well they got a bomb threat and the whole street had to be cleared,,,,, for nothing, cuz that's how we Danes operate. :rolleyes:
Do the Danish see it as an attack on Denmark?
I normally think of Denmark as being the other side of the water and part of the EU, so wasn't really including it as a target for the advert! Maybe you consider yourselves as much Scandinavian as the Norwegians who claim to have invented the paperclip?

The message was:
We are proud of our Scandinavian heritage. Many of the things we call Scandinavian today was brought here and refined by curious, open-minded and innovative Scandinavians. Travelers bring home great ideas.
which seemed reasonable.

Who really invented the paper clip: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_clip#History

OP
kamkar1

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
I think a lot of Danes think their country are "all that" but that's also not a unique thing for us, so with a attitude like that and with current norms well then they must lash out with outrage,,, and as the bomb scare indicated with violence too, cuz i think a bomb scare are that, its surely treated as that and so it should be.
It maybe a result of the current fab with violently or at least with vigorous outrage attack anything that you do not agree with, politicians do it - vegans - terrorists do it and all other manner of people do it.
I just know my Country are not what many think it are, and surely not what it could be if we wasent so damn soft and liberal.

Similar a tattoo shop was blown up last night, and police think its foul play,,,,,, the shop probably catering to what some people think are the wrong people,,,, maybe not paying protection money as that's a thing now here with all the wonderful cultural enrichment.

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1W-S, G1W-HC, G1W clone, B1W, K2S, B2W, (ex N2Pro & Mobius)
Especially that last pic :ROFLMAO:

I'm well known for responding to the question of "How are you doing?" with the reply "I don't know, let me ask my psychiatrist." The reactions I get to see are priceless :love:

Phil

OP
kamkar1

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
It is funny with that default interest in peoples well being, i only ask people if they have fallen on their ass or look bad, otherwise i must assume they are okay, and i don't have to go into friendly / friendship mode for no reason.
CUZ friendly are hard, so should not be used on nothing.

I do use friends about people online, but only cuz i am a old lazy git, if you asked me to define my relationship to the people i interact with online i would not use the word friend, cuz i cant be friends with a person i only interact with in writing and have no chance of helping as he / she are half way around the world.

And i hate myself for using the word friends loosely like that, i some times remember to say internet - friends, but not as often as i should.

IRL here i often use the Danish version of howdy which are "Davs" which are a dumbed down version of "god dag" / good day, and i rarely use goodbye / "farvel" as that's so finite to me, so i use the Danish term "hygge" which can also mean see you, and be well until then.
Or i use "vi ses" / we meet again.

The Danish farvel comes from ( i assume ) of are maybe the base of farewell,,,,, which i think was used by some in the old days.
hindsight link cuz i got curious.

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1W-S, G1W-HC, G1W clone, B1W, K2S, B2W, (ex N2Pro & Mobius)
I once knew a Cop who did a lot of undercover drug buys. When the deal had been completed and he was leaving he'd say "Thanks, I'll catch you later!" Of the dozens of people he said that to, only two caught the trick and mentioned it to him after they were arrested later on :p It was from this that I learned that you never have to tell a lie, only to be careful about how you speak the truth, as almost nobody pays enough attention to know what you're really saying :rolleyes:

Phil

Dashmellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
numerous
Last edited:
OP
kamkar1

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
TSA are the only apprehension i have about making my dream US grand tour, i don't think Americans in general would feel me up, even if i am a hot old guy.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2