Pics that make you smile

And strike and strike and strike and strike bada bing bada bum rra-ka-ta-ca-ta-taaaa!!!

Boy, this continues to crack me up.

A store that FINALLY recognizes how important I am!!!

After this ego stroking (in orange) it could take years to come back down to earth...or 15 seconds explaining your new status to your significant other.

HTB1WkbioCBYBeNjy0Fexh6nmFXaJ.jpeg

Been watching a interesting DOKU on the American women's right to vote ( The Vote ) And it is always cool to learn anything.
Still after this i feel a little like " they just dont make them like that anymore" fighting a 79 year long battle for the right to vote.

640px-National_Womens_Party_picketing_the_White_House.jpg

And still the 19 Amendment only just squeezed by.

Danish women was allowed to vote in municipal votes in 1908 and from 1918 they was eligible for any vote. ( ratified in 1915 ) but first following vote was 1918.
The path was quite a bit shorter and easy over here.

kvindeligvalgret.jpg

On a more easy note:

78ec82e26c6cfc211e2c967b831d017bad938df8.jpg

87a8041c9a2c9d18251f69051aec94f056d67681.jpg

tumblr_pbstu98jha1rsnm49o3_500.jpg

tumblr_pbstu98jha1rsnm49o8_1280.jpg

A bunch of bikers i would not mind one bit to hang out with.
1b6b7701fcf8669777ae7b16d6655ff89583d7ea.jpg

A distant relative to Yoda.
0ee768b9640af67ee73a3cfa6e39688cc01b3f5a.jpg

The perfect place to spend new years evening, if your timing are good the fireworks will be out of this world.
b91dcfa216a09b733af7053c48423b1ba1930a29.jpg

Bonus ! you dont have to go outside, which can be a major + if you dont have anti freeze for blood.

My older brother went camping at Denali in Alaska one year... Had been there about a week and he was trying to go to sleep when suddenly he saw lights thru his tent and thought the forest was on fire. Nope - Aurora.

Seeing an Aurora in person is high on my bucket list. There's no way pictures or video can do something like that justice.

Yes it is indeed awesome to experience, i have had the fortune to see it several times up and down the coast of Greenland.
You can also see it in Denmark but just as a faint glow in the horizon to the North, and thats just nothing compared to the real deal going on right over your head.

I just remember saying Duuuuude several times, and a sudden urge to have a joint in my hand ( this was back when i was still a pothead )
So i went in to the ships bar and poured myself a big old single malt instead, and that was also just fine,,,,, and no need for ice cubes.

Last edited:
Love to see an aurora in person myself. I've been blessed to see most of the majestic things in the USA already which pictures cannot impart the awesomeness of like Niagara Falls water flowing, the width of the Mississippi river, the size of the Grand Canyon, the vastness of the Great Plains, and Lake Tahoe when the water was clear enough to see the bottom. These things have to be done in person, you cannot understand them any other way.

Phil

I think that picture is edited, white are not a color i have seen, most often the general color are green, but reddish and blue colors can also occur, the color are determined by the gasses in the atmosphere.

"NASA"
The colors most often associated with the aurora borealis are pink, green, yellow, blue, violet, and occasionally orange and white. Typically, when the particles collide with oxygen, yellow and green are produced. Interactions with nitrogen produce red, violet, and occasionally blue colors.
The type of collision also makes a difference to the colors that appear in the sky: atomic nitrogen causes blue displays, while molecular nitrogen results in purple. The colors are also affected by altitude. The green lights typically in areas appear up to 150 miles (241 km) high, red above 150 miles; blue usually appears at up to 60 miles (96.5 km); and purple and violet above 60 miles.

These lights may manifest as a static band of light, or, when the solar flares are particularly strong, as a dancing curtain of ever-changing color.

The sun just had a major tantrum i hear.

I think that picture is edited, white are not a color i have seen, most often the general color are green, but reddish and blue colors can also occur, the color are determined by the gasses in the atmosphere.

"NASA"
The colors most often associated with the aurora borealis are pink, green, yellow, blue, violet, and occasionally orange and white. Typically, when the particles collide with oxygen, yellow and green are produced. Interactions with nitrogen produce red, violet, and occasionally blue colors.
The type of collision also makes a difference to the colors that appear in the sky: atomic nitrogen causes blue displays, while molecular nitrogen results in purple. The colors are also affected by altitude. The green lights typically in areas appear up to 150 miles (241 km) high, red above 150 miles; blue usually appears at up to 60 miles (96.5 km); and purple and violet above 60 miles.

These lights may manifest as a static band of light, or, when the solar flares are particularly strong, as a dancing curtain of ever-changing color.

The sun just had a major tantrum i hear.

I think you are right. The auroras I've seen here in Vermont are mostly green with red and blue tinges. Occasionally some purple mixed in. One time they were strobing every few seconds, flashing across the sky from north to south. That was pretty cool!

yeah there is just the 8 minute delay to account for when Helios start to throw his weight around.

Back