Pics that make you smile

I think someone can quit wasting money on lotto tickets, seem like the luck account just ran empty with one last big withdraw.

We really should not empower old men like that, too many I Owe You in the back pocket and too close to last date of sale.
And most important i think, we need to look outside the established parties, which are to blame for the current system and state of things.

Almost ran over a pheasant coc,,,,,, male a few days ago, but this decked out bird was strutting its stuff in the middle of the road, but it knew not to mess with my Japanese steel.

Funny thing the partridge are native to my country but rarely seen, on the other hand pheasants are not native and are getting stocked so hunters have something to shoot.
It is also the same people ( that offer up pheasant hunting ) that are poisoning other wildlife with really nasty stuff, that are targeted at the big birds of prey as they take the pheasants.

Also sort of related as the numbers of wildlife go up, deer in this case, more and more are getting hit in traffic, an estimated 40,000 people hit a deer while driving every year they say.
So now i wonder when hunters will start killing off motorists for killing "their" animals.

Yeah i commented on that one earlier, shake your transistors. :)

For me is a little strange why the robots are not in perfect sync. 100%.

For me is a little strange why the robots are not in perfect sync. 100%.

If you mean the dancing robots they are engaging in personal expression. :happy: Plus they are still working on their routine. :smuggrin:

If you mean the Terminator robots, they just don't care. :arghh:

I commented on BDs own video, using one of my ghost google accounts.

edade8e38025ba8a80449426f7670b7ee79902c4.png

f02cee54789aa36e983ab11ed3abcfe9b78f9da2.jpg

Called a "Knight" but it is clearly a horse.
There used to be a Knight on the horse back in viking times, but he fell off, these days the horse never moves in a straight line since there is no one to steer it:

Knight%2C_Lewis_Chessmen%2C_British_Museum.jpg

Last edited:
#3- Knights before bishops :cool:
In fact I always open with the Queen's knight whichever color I'm playing; it's the overall strongest and most versatile opening move possible ;)

Phil

I commented on BDs own video, using one of my ghost google accounts.

Oh, that explains it! I thought you meant you commented on the Boston Dynamics video here on DCT and so I was left scratching my head as to where that comment was posted.

Edit: BTW, Boston Dynamics posted that video just yesterday. When I first watched it, it had about 10, 0000 views. This morning it had over 4,000,000. It now has about 7,500,000. :jawdrop:

Edit: Since my last edit to this post less than an hour ago the view count on this BD dancing robot video is now at 8,053,395! It hasn't even been up for 24 hours. Amazing!

Last edited:
Despite obviously being a tower...
It is actually a war elephant, but the elephant and driver disappeared leaving just the weapons platform:

2baf40fb8bce4708400db660e56a014d.jpg

Oh, that explains it! I thought you meant you commented on the Boston Dynamics video here on DCT and so I was left scratching my head as to where that comment was posted.

Edit: BTW, Boston Dynamics posted that video just yesterday. When I first watched it, it had about 10, 0000 views. This morning it had over 4,000,000. It now has about 7,500,000. :jawdrop:

Edit: Since my last edit to this post less than an hour ago the view count on this BD dancing robot video is now at 8,053,395! It hasn't even been up for 24 hours. Amazing!
Boston Dynamics was #19 on Google Trends yesterday. In the US, the top 20 is usually sports and celebrities (Dawn Wells was #1 yesterday). It was nice to see a science-related search in the top 20 even if it was more of a Dancing with the Stars search trend.

Back