Pittasoft Blackvue DR500GW-HD

The wait is over. Here is my first clip from DR500GW -HD, from first batch received today.
In a total darkness:

Needles to say - I am fully satisfied !

Last edited by a moderator:
We know the night recording of DR500 is one of the best until now, but in your video we must consider that snow is reflecting the light so is more brightness than on normal roads. Also we can see the black is gray because of increased exposure value. I am not blaming the camera but telling the facts.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
We know the night recording of DR500 is one of the best until now, but in your video we must consider that snow is reflecting the light so is more brightness than on normal roads. Also we can see the black is gray because of increased exposure value. I am not blaming the camera but telling the facts.

enjoy,
Mtz

Exactly what I have noticed... Dark wet road with no snow, and guarantee the video will be vastly different...

Yes, sure I agree, folks.
Just have to wait - until this snow is gone. Can not do much about this now... :)

DashCamMan said:
The Korean firmware v1.003K for the DR500GW-HD is now available on the BlackVue site. (Download with Internet Explorer). Seems to come with the PC player and Mac player.
Also they upgraded the Android Application. With this new version the firmware update was found by the Android Blackvue application.

enjoy,
Mtz

onealfa said:
The wait is over. Here is my first clip from DR500GW -HD, from first batch received today.
In a total darkness:

Needles to say - I am fully satisfied !

Just received mine today (I'm in uk) what setting is your brightness on ? Nice vid by the way :)

I have started to notice that the 500 hangs frequently on startup. The camera comes on and stays at a green light instead of booting up all the way to an orange and blue light. I have to power cycle in order to get it to work. This happens about once in 15 times.

Looks like I will be going back to the 400 for now. The whole reason I got a blackvue was because I was sick of my gse550 locking up all the time.

Hi horsepower. That is very unfortunate. I will keep my eyes open to see if this is a common problem.

It has gotten worse tonight. I put a fresh memory card in it. Will see what happens. Anyone figure out how to view the live feed with the iOS app yet? For the life of me I can't figure it out.

Can someone post a link to the English firmware? It is out so someone must have it. Live feed is great, makes a good CCTV when I'm parked on my drive, and you can view anything from he camera while indoors:)

horsepower said:
It has gotten worse tonight. I put a fresh memory card in it. Will see what happens. Anyone figure out how to view the live feed with the iOS app yet? For the life of me I can't figure it out.

You go to wifi in the app then when it's connected scroll (swipe) the menu across at the top ;)

horsepower said:

I don't have this camera yet, but if it's anything like most apps that can access/view other hardware I think both devices have to be connected to the same network so you pretty much have to be within range of a wifi that your phone and camera to connect to for the phone to see and connect to the camera.
unless the camera emits its own SSID which I doubt...

I'm going to hold off on buying this camera for a while. There are a few things that concern me based on what i'm reading so far. the wifi feature is not important imo and the bulkier size is not something I like compared to the 400. I'll just wait haha

Oh fer eff sakes!! Thanks Bulky.... Thats pooly designed software!! I couldn't figure out why my icons were different from all the screenshots I was seeing! Got it now! Thank again!

Bulky said:
horsepower said:

You go to wifi in the app then when it's connected scroll (swipe) the menu across at the top ;)

I bought one on these a few days ago. Installed it this evening while mrs was occupied!

The picture / video quality really is stunning I must say!
I hard wired it to the dome light, cutting the cigar lead it came with, which specifically said do not cut or serious injury will happen/fire danger/electroshock!! lol.

The iPhone app isn't the best! Noticed a spelling mistake in the setting page haha.
Finding the live feed option was a pain in the rear for me too, but eventually found it having asked the guy I bought it from (advanced-incar).

Very over priced bit of kit if you ask me. I paid 280£ and wish I waited for a price drop.
Having said that though, I can't stop playing with the dam thing now and love it to bits! :)

The voice is irritating (which you can disable, I think) and the sd card I replaced with a Sandisk 32gb. Doing this seemed to speed up video access considerably!. Both are class 10 cards, but the Sandisk ultra won hands down! So recommend replacing the pitta soft card they give you if you noticed stutter/slow playback.

thought I would chime in and comment about this dash cam any how. Hope it helps.

All the best,
Chris.

I don't even know why they bother including the SD card. It's so damn cheap and slow. SanDisk Ultra ftw

venezian said:
I don't even know why they bother including the SD card. It's so damn cheap and slow. SanDisk Ultra ftw

And apparently it has the conficker worm on it, according to some sources.

Audime said:
I paid 280£ and wish I waited for a price drop.
There is a typo? Not US dollars or maybe euro?

enjoy,
Mtz

Sorry, £279.00to be more precise. :D

HELP with Wi-Fi set-up please.
Have just acquired the new DR500GW, and am happy with the quality of picture, recording etc.
However, I have not been able to set up the Wi-Fi connection to my iPhone 5.
In the blackvue software under Wi-Fi setting I have entered a new ssid and corresponding new password.
My iPhone 5 pick up the signal from the blackvue ok, but when I on my iPhone under settings, Wi-Fi select the blackvue, and enter the password, it returns with a "unable to join"
In the blackvue software I have tried with several variations of ssid and passwords, but every time when entereing the detail on my iPhone, it is "unable to join".
Am I doing something wrong?
Very grateful indeed for your assistance if you can solve my problem.

1. Change SSID back to the orignal SSID name?
2. Reboot Iphone (turn off/on)?
3. Reset IPhone network setting (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network setting)
4. Reset Blackvue DR500GW via reset button on camera side.
5. No other 2.4GHZ in the car which may cause interference?

Note to self - Do not change SSID on my blackvue dashcam. :D

Back