Pittasoft Blackvue DR500GW-HD

If you look at the first link, it still shows the app with Korean language. Plus, the apple app store still shows Korean language in the pictures. I did send an email to Ohmyblackbox.com and they sent me an response to my question the next day and was very polite. Since I am American, I will wait till Blackvue makes an official English version with an English IOS app till I give them my money. The DR500 will fit nice in my back window as a rear camera. Common Blackvue, make an English version.

Thanks sergeh07 for sharing the links. Glad to see the DR500GW-HD is finally available from a few sources in the United States. These appear to be legitimate sources hence the higher prices but they should come manufacturers warranty.

Email Shelleys World. and they will send paypal payment.
libertykorea@daum.net

$249.99 per unit free delivery.
USD5.00 discount each when someone place an order at least 10 units in one parcel.
Cigar Jack, it is USD15.00 and additional mount is USD18.00 each.

AmericanDriver said:
If you look at the first link, it still shows the app with Korean language. Plus, the apple app store still shows Korean language in the pictures. I did send an email to Ohmyblackbox.com and they sent me an response to my question the next day and was very polite. Since I am American, I will wait till Blackvue makes an official English version with an English IOS app till I give them my money. The DR500 will fit nice in my back window as a rear camera. Common Blackvue, make an English version.

From the first link it explicitly states PLEASE NOTE: This is the English language version with English firmware and English voice prompts. We do not stock the Korean language version that's usually found on eBay.

Also I downloaded the android app and it is in English.

Second link also shows English versions for the majority of the pictures and is listed a one of Blackvue's "premium dealers"

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my 500 today, and so far, I am not overly impressed.... Its substantially bigger than the 400... The video quality, from what I have seen so far, is just fair... Some situations it looks fine, other situations, it is very "blocky"... I have not figured out how to do the live view through wifi as of yet... The sound seems to be better than the 400 generation... Still tinkering around with settings and will wait to see what night time looks like..

Pittasoft does not allow it's products to be officially sold on eBay or third party sites, so any listings on eBay will likely be from unauthorised dealers. You may get a hacked Korean version that may not be upgradeable. Best to buy in your country from a premium dealer listed on the Pittasoft website. That's the only way to get a good product and full warranty etc.

Here's the dealer link

http://www.blackvue.com/en/contents/sub5_1.asp

OK, so the Blackvue products sold by ebay sellers are not "stolen and counterfeit" like the Itronics (also banned from ebay), but "hacked".
Can you explain more how is a Blackvue dashcam hacked? So the korean people have dashcams which are not upgradeable?
Why a hack on a korean camera is bad?
Why an ebay seller would hack a dashcam? He have any reason that the buyer to not upgrade anymore the camera? Why to complicate his life instead of buy and sell for a reasonable price?

enjoy,
Mtz

PS: send best wishes to toddler08. We miss him. :roll:

The night time recording is just as rotten as the 400.. The "brightness" setting in the firmware just basically makes the black tones more of a brown tone.. Does nothing to actually lighten up the picture..

From what I can tell, it gets just as hot as the 400, but its really early to tell... The only thing that I can use to compare the 2 is that whenever I take my card out of the camera, I put it between my lips to hold it as I gather my keys and other things to bring them in the house... The 400, the card would get so hot that it almost burned my lips... With the 500, its pretty close to that as well..

I am still not able to figure out how to view the live video from the camera... The instructions say to tap the "LiveView" button to view the live video... I have yet to find this button in the iphone app.

As I mentioned earlier, the quality of the daytime video is just fair.

So basically, in MY opinion, so far not worth shelling out the bucks to get the 500 if you already have a 400 II. Time will tell!

Thanks for the feedback horsepower. Can you share any videos.

In case anyone is interested, martyboy26 is from Australia and based on his email address is the authorized dealer RaceRecall.

Mtz said:
OK, so the Blackvue products sold by ebay sellers are not "stolen and counterfeit" like the Itronics (also banned from ebay), but "hacked".
Can you explain more how is a Blackvue dashcam hacked? So the korean people have dashcams which are not upgradeable?
Why a hack on a korean camera is bad?
Why an ebay seller would hack a dashcam? He have any reason that the buyer to not upgrade anymore the camera? Why to complicate his life instead of buy and sell for a reasonable price?

enjoy,
Mtz

PS: send best wishes to toddler08. We miss him. :roll:

All Blackvue products are now produced to work in only one language. Some people have been known to change the language, by tricking the firmware. Once you update the firmware at any time, it will go back to the original language, for example, Korean or Russian.

If some user or seller can hack the firmware this is great. But I don't think so.
A dashcam doesn't have a brain, so when upgrading it is looking for a file on the SD Card with a name. If the camera find that name will start upgrading no matter what is inside the firmware.
For example we have firmware-ko.bin for korean language and firmware-en.bin for english. Even we know what ko and en means, the dashcam doesn't know. So if we have a korean camera which can be upgraded only with the file named firmware-ko.bin, if we want the english upgrade we just change the filename from firmware-en.bin to firmware-ko.bin.

enjoy,
Mtz

In the U.S., the so-called Blacuvue premium distributor Scansys CCTV now has DR500GW-HD-16G posted on its website, as newly arrived. I don't see their pricing yet, however.

:cool:

DashCamMan said:
Thanks for the feedback horsepower. Can you share any videos.

Where do you suggest I upload the video files? Youtube tends to massacre the video with its own encoding, so its not really a fair representation.

horsepower said:
...Where do you suggest I upload the video files? Youtube tends to massacre the video with its own encoding, so its not really a fair representation.
How about clouds? Cloud storage recently became so damn CHEAP!
I got probably ~60GB all free ( if I''ll count 'em all )

Try this link out for sample video:

http://we.tl/mOZixhTjTA

Let me know if you can view it...

PS Sorry for the music choice :)

Hi, everybody!

My name is Sergey. I'm from Russia, Moscow Region, Electrostal. I work with Korea and Korean car gadgets. I invite all to my site: www.12vgadget.ru and there are many car gadgets. Also, there is BlackVUE DR500GW-HD. All prices in Rubls, but I sell via USD through PayPal too. Also you can check my nick "fortsoul" on Ebay. I can send item via Airmail worldwide (except Africa) I work there since 2009 year!

Have a nice day, bye!

Back