Playback Puzzles

TxDoc

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119S
On my laptop:
If I put the micro SD CARD in the adapter and slide into the SD card port, I get a prompt the card needs formatting prior to use. If I plug that SD card adapter into an Anker OTG adapter
[Upgraded Version] Anker USB 3.0 4-Slot Card Reader with Built-in 0.4ft Cable for SDXC, SDHC, SD, CF, High-Speed CF (UDMA), MS, Micro SDXC, Micro SDHC, Micro SD Cards [Support UHS-I Cards]

and plug that into an Anker 10 port hub [Upgraded Version] Anker USB 3.0 SuperSpeed 10-Port Hub Including a BC 1.2 Charging Port with 60W (12V / 5A) Power Adapter [VIA VL812-B2 Chipset and updated Firmware 9081] AH231 I can open the card contents and there is Lost.dir and DCIM and inside DCIM is movies and those are my dash cam videos!

When I plug into my moto z play with a 3 of Lexar C1 microSD Reader w/Type-C Connector - LRWMCBNL ,it lights up,but I cannot navigate to find my videos on the card. With a [URL='https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011D8ASOU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1']
Plugable USB Type-C (USB-C) Flash Memory Card Reader - Compatible with Late 2016 MacBook Pro and MacBook Retina connected to the phone and the micro card inserted in this OTG or in the SD card adapter, the videos are found withOTG disk explorer bt droid kithen, but the videos freeze after 7-8 senonds.

I know the videos are present on the card, I just don't have a reliable, repeatable, DEPENDABLE way to access and play them, especially on the phone.

Sorry if this post has exhausted anyone...it has me too! The camera, itself is great!. Great quality video and GPS, time, etc. Thank you very much for reading my post. I appreciate the time and consideration.[/URL]

This sounds not like a dashcam problem. This is most probably a microSD card / card adapter / card reader / USB port (power) problem.
Since when you connect your card via an external hub with reliable power supply, it does work.
I would try using a different (type of) MicroSD card - some of them require less power than others.

THANKS Don't Knowler, I'll keep trying to find the best solution. I'm using Transcend 64 GB cards. [emoji108]

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I have nothing against Transcend cards, however I did read somewhere in the Internet, that their internal controllers are not very well compatible with Viofo cams...
I am using Lexar microSDXC High-Performance 633x 64GB cards in my both Viofos, and they work fine in the dashcams and in all the devices I use for reading these cards with.

THANKS Don't Knowler, I'll keep trying to find the best solution. I'm using Transcend 64 GB cards. [emoji108]

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Did you verify the cards are genuine? You can use the transcend verification website to find out by entering the serial number found on the card. There are a lot of fakes out there.

Last edited:
Back