Power bank with Motion detect mode for security and driving?

Do those of you who use power banks use them as your only mobius power source all day, or do you switch between car power and USB power each time you park? Is car power the more reliable power source whilst driving?

I like the idea of using my power bank for recording whilst parked, but don't want to keep fiddling with cables every time I get in and out. I have enough to think about with two kids in the car. I'm wondering if a vico power+ would be a better solution for fit & forget continuous power to the Mobius.

Do those of you who use power banks use them as your only mobius power source all day, or do you switch between car power and USB power each time you park? Is car power the more reliable power source whilst driving?

I like the idea of using my power bank for recording whilst parked, but don't want to keep fiddling with cables every time I get in and out. I have enough to think about with two kids in the car. I'm wondering if a vico power+ would be a better solution for fit & forget continuous power to the Mobius.

Personally, I just swap the USB plugs into my power bank(s) when I park. It has just become a habit that takes a moment or two and I don't find it to be a big deal.

As I live in a rural area I will sometimes drive into town to do some shopping or attend to other business with the cameras plugged into the USB charger/adapters in my vehicle, then switch to the power banks for the several hour period while I'm in town regardless of which stops I might make during my stay. Finally, for the trip back home I will plug the cameras back into the vehicle power supply. When I get home I let the power banks rest for awhile and then plug them in for a recharge.

Good quality, well charged power banks with enough amperage should be every bit as reliable as car power, assuming you have a good quality 5v car charger.

Personally, I just swap the USB plugs into my power bank(s) when I park. It has just become a habit that takes a moment or two and I don't find it to be a big deal.

As I live in a rural area I will sometimes drive into town to do some shopping or attend to other business with the cameras plugged into the USB charger/adapters in my vehicle, then switch to the power banks for the several hour period while I'm in town regardless of which stops I might make during my stay. Finally, for the trip back home I will plug the cameras back into the vehicle power supply. When I get home I let the power banks rest for awhile and then plug them in for a recharge.

Good quality, well charged power banks with enough amperage should be every bit as reliable as car power, assuming you have a good quality 5v car charger.
Ditto , do the same .Easy to do.

Back