Powerucc Panorama S

Thanks alot for your speedy reply RoadCam.
Too bad that there is no ETA. I've been looking for the "perfect" dashcam for a long time.
Nighttime recording quality should be top-notch and it seems that the Sony EXMOR cams are still the best at night is that right?
I've yet to see a comparison with the Marcus4. If the Marcus can compete, I'd probably go for that one.
Originally I wanted to go for a 2CH setup, but with all the quirks and issues surrounding BlackVue cameras I decided against them (bitrate). The new FineVue 2000G seems to be awesome but then it's bulky and the biggest problem: not available in Europe. So, my newest consideration is 1x Panorama G for the front and 1x Panorama S for the back, but I find that bright bar too distractive for night time recordings however, so I guess the search goes on. :(

Edit: RoadCam = Pier28

Yes one of the best. There is a new dual channel panorama near release. Details coming soon.

Last edited:
Thanks alot for your speedy reply RoadCam.
Too bad that there is no ETA. I've been looking for the "perfect" dashcam for a long time.
Nighttime recording quality should be top-notch and it seems that the Sony EXMOR cams are still the best at night is that right?
I've yet to see a comparison with the Marcus4. If the Marcus can compete, I'd probably go for that one.
Originally I wanted to go for a 2CH setup, but with all the quirks and issues surrounding BlackVue cameras I decided against them (bitrate). The new FineVue 2000G seems to be awesome but then it's bulky and the biggest problem: not available in Europe. So, my newest consideration is 1x Panorama G for the front and 1x Panorama S for the back, but I find that bright bar too distractive for night time recordings however, so I guess the search goes on. :(
You can record without the screen display on.

You can record without the screen display on.

I think this is a misunderstanding :) Which camera are you refering to? I meant the info display which is "burned" into the recordings.
@RoadCam: Can the info display be switched off completely? What you wrote about a Panorama dual channel system sounds very promising. How long will we have to wait? o_O

Why would someone not want to see time and date on their video?
It is not a video camera for home movies, it is for recording accidents (which hopefully do not happen), I just got hit in LA, the time and date was perfect when i sent the video to the insurance companies, there was no doubt that the other guy was wrong and this made it clear to all, it could have been "you said, he said", he also said it was a parking lot accident. The time and date verifies timing and validity.

I think this is a misunderstanding :) Which camera are you refering to? I meant the info display which is "burned" into the recordings.
@RoadCam: Can the info display be switched off completely? What you wrote about a Panorama dual channel system sounds very promising. How long will we have to wait? o_O
So, my newest consideration is 1x Panorama G for the front and 1x Panorama S for the back, but I find that bright bar too distractive for night time recordings however, so I guess the search goes on.
From your previous message (the bright bar too distractive for night time recordings). What I meant is you can record without the screen on so it is not bright or distractive for me.

@Pier28 Can the info display be switched off completely? What you wrote about a Panorama dual channel system sounds very promising. How long will we have to wait? o_O

So, my newest consideration is 1x Panorama G for the front and 1x Panorama S for the back, but I find that bright bar too distractive for night time recordings however, so I guess the search goes on.
From your previous message (the bright bar too distractive for night time recordings). What I meant is you can record without the screen on so it is not bright or distractive for me.

The hard coded OSD bar (menu choice to turn on off) is on the roadmap for future firmware updates, but limited R&D cycles available since new dual channel products are in full development mode. We'll post the details when we can, expect good things.

Last edited:
Who here could sell and ship the Panorama G so it arrives within 10 days in Germany?

Does all the latest and greatest firmware that is out for the S, also exist for the G?
And could you check focus and flash it? It would be worth a few bucks extra for sure.

Last edited:
Who here could sell and ship the Panorama G so it arrives within 10 days in Germany?

Does all the latest and greatest firmware that is out for the S, also exist for the G?
And could you check focus and flash it? It would be worth a few bucks extra for sure.

I'd be happy to test and send raw video files from the actual unit we would be sending. We can ship via any method.

S firmware is not compatible with G

G was just released so no new or bitrate choice firmware available yet. (Expected Near future) shipping firmware will record 12Mbps

I'd be happy to test and send raw video files from the actual unit we would be sending. We can ship via any method.

S firmware is not compatible with G

G was just released so no new or bitrate choice firmware available yet. (Expected Near future) shipping firmware will record 12Mbps

Cheers RoadCam, I appreciate your flexibilty and your superb support and kindness. The distrust I have in our postal services and duty regulations here in Germany make me doubt a timely arrival here however, before I must leave. So I ordered from the only european retailer I could find who is located in the Netherlands. Also, the only device he's got on stock is the S II, but that is perfectly fine after I saw what the custom firmware can do in Alex's 110 km/h RAW footage. Simply awesome, this cam blows everthing I saw away and the night footage is perfect as well.
I hope I will get the cam soon, then I can post some >250km/h footage, hehe!
I'm afraid the picture might fall apart, but we'll see...are there any drawbacks hardware wise if you choose the highest bitrate?
I don't mind space on the card, cause my travels will be copied to a laptop after each go. I like to do my private documentaries and finally there is ONE device that can give me just the look I want aesthetically.
All you guys who are part in making the possible simply rock...if only there was a way to disable the bright bars top and bottom. It would be perfect. (yeah yet again, sorry) ;))

All you guys who are part in making the possible simply rock...if only there was a way to disable the bright bars top and bottom.

it may be possible to photoshop them out of the final movie

it may be possible to photoshop them out of the final movie

Aye, a simple crop will do until this is fixed. And actually it is less disturbing in day time recordings which will be the majority of material anyway.
Wondering why they chose to outline it like this - but if it's the only design flaw, I really don't mind all too much.
I just ordered the cam. :)

I've seen a link on one of the Russian forums to firmware 1.12.08 which it says was released yesterday:

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://car-dvr.info/forum/index.php?board=39.0&prev=/search?q=powerucc+panorama+x2&safe=off&espv=2&biw=1350&bih=821

The link is http://www.pcglory.co.kr/upload/firmware/panorama2/v11208_12m/GLG300.ELF - there's no info on the release or what has changed though, and it's not up on powerucc.com yet so no idea if that's the international or domestic one.

Last edited:
I've seen a link on one of the Russian forums to firmware 1.12.08 which it says was released yesterday:

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://car-dvr.info/forum/index.php?board=39.0&prev=/search?q=powerucc+panorama+x2&safe=off&espv=2&biw=1350&bih=821

The link is http://www.pcglory.co.kr/upload/firmware/panorama2/v11208_12m/GLG300.ELF - there's no info on the release or what has changed though, and it's not up on powerucc.com yet so no idea if that's the international or domestic one.

This FW supposed to allow reflected numberplates readings at night from the distance of 3metre from bumper or 4-5 metre from camera.
Previous similar ( reflection numberblates readings ) beta-firmwares were not successful. This firmware still not tested. Need some time.

Hello guys,

I have Powerucc Panorama S. I updated to version 1.12.08 after that camera doesn't work.
The camera doesn't turn on, the blue LED lights only.

How can I repair the camera without sending camera to Korea.

Thank you.

Hello guys,

I have Powerucc Panorama S. I updated to version 1.12.08 after that camera doesn't work.

Thank you.

What happened? Did the progress bar fill up as it updated and then power off normally when it completed? Was power interrupted during the update?
The SDK software kit is not released to the public unfortunately, so you won't be able to do any home, USB boot mode flashing unfortunately. (it's all encrypted too)
If the camera was bricked due to failed firmware update you'll need to RMA/exchange it for a new one I'm afraid.
Can you confirm the unit is not recording even though the screen is turned off with blue light only? (check video contents of card)

Hello guys,

Thank you.

First of all I want to ask: did you do a firmware update using a power source to 5V micro-usb port on top of Panorama unit, or you were using a 12V car cigarette lighter charger socket ?

First of all I want to ask: did you do a firmware update using a power source to 5V micro-usb port on top of Panorama unit, or you were using a 12V car cigarette lighter charger socket ?

Off course I updated ONLY with using a 12V car cigarette lighter charger socket.

When I updated, I pushed button Menu and plugged the power. After that the progress bar filled and camera was turned off.
Next I tried to turn on camera but only blue LED and button lights .
Video contents of card are empty.

Back