Powerucc Panorama2

I'll be updating my firmware via the vehicle charger in the car with the ignition turned on. I do this for ALL firmware updates, so I don't brick the device.

is that how you were doing mine the time it locked up during the update?

if it was now I understand why

is that how you were doing mine the time it locked up during the update?

if it was now I understand why

When I did it with yours it was via USB 5v :(

I really crapped it, but the reset fixed it!! I connected it back to 12v supply in the car and it came back to life! Never will I do that again! In fact, I dont use USB connection to the camera anymore for upgrades or video retrieval, I just remove SDCARD.

fairly hard to kill an Ambarella based cam actually, I've unplugged them mid update after erasing the flash (I wouldn't recommend doing this intentionally of course) so it was blank and could still bring it back to life

Is a class 10 20mb/sec SDCARD ok for this camera?

Niko, I found this on the Vivovation site regarding FW upgrade on the WF1.
Wondering when you tried to upgrade the Panorama II using the 5V source, if the power supply you used also did not have 1A+ output?
Just a thought...

SPECIAL NOTICE:
Please be careful about the charger. The original charger is highly recommended for upgrade in the car.
If you upgrade at home, please aware of the power adaptor can provide sufficient 5V/1A output.
Please avoid using mobile phone USB charger which under 5V/1A output.
Insufficient power supply might lead to update failure.
Please notice the power environment when upgrading, thank you.

Dont know about Vico, but regarding Panorama2 firmware upgrade please read my post:

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/powerucc-panorama2.1208/page-11#post-26348

NEVER UPGRADE USING 5v miniusb port on top of dash camera as a power supply source.
USE ONLY 12v socket on the side of dash cam to connect to car cigarette lighter charger.

Last edited by a moderator:
fairly hard to kill an Ambarella based cam actually, I've unplugged them mid update after erasing the flash (I wouldn't recommend doing this intentionally of course) so it was blank and could still bring it back to life
I guess those Ambarella ones you were updating and power cut off in the middle of upgrade, - they all had internal battery, thats why can not brick them.
I think it's different to dash cameras with capacitors.

Is a class 10 20mb/sec SDCARD ok for this camera?

I tested with 3 years old class 4 microsd cards and did not see any difference in video quality.

When I did it with yours it was via USB 5v :(

I really crapped it, but the reset fixed it!! I connected it back to 12v supply in the car and it came back to life! Never will I do that again! In fact, I dont use USB connection to the camera anymore for upgrades or video retrieval, I just remove SDCARD.

You mean here @ Panorama2, right ?

Does anyone have a link to a reliable vendor of these cameras? :confused:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks one and all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

You mean here @ Panorama2, right ?

Nope, this was Jokiin's A2S60.

The motion sensitivity with this dashcam is insane. The camera kept turning on and off every 1 second as if it were caught in some kind of cycle.

Nope, this was Jokiin's A2S60.

The motion sensitivity with this dashcam is insane. The camera kept turning on and off every 1 second as if it were caught in some kind of cycle.

Just to clarify one more time. Motion sensitivity of Panorama2 you talking about is insane or jokiin a2s60?

I ordered a Panorama2 from shpkorea on ebay yesterday. Good experience so far. They sent me a message to tell me that they had a holiday in Korea and that my camera won't ship out until between next Monday and Wednesday. I ordered the basic 8gb, no GPS model but later I had second thoughts and decided I'd like to have the GPS module. I sent them a message asking if I could add it. They told me to just send an additional $25 to their paypal account and they would send me the GPS model. All responses from them were very quick and in perfect english.

I also have a Mini 0801 camera but it's been finicky and not totally reliable so far (I think they're having firmware issues). I decided to get the Panorama2 based on Nico's posts here and the videos on youtube showing the nice menus and great video quality. It sounds like it's been very stable and reliable for everyone so far with good firmware support from Powerucc.

So, motion detection is not working for you as you expected or its too sensitive in your opinion ?
It's way to sensitive, the cam is hard wired into a power magic pro and the motion detection would be a very handy feature, perhaps they will address this in a firmware update.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

It's way to sensitive, the cam is hard wired into a power magic pro and the motion detection would be a very handy feature, perhaps they will address this in a firmware update.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Probably you used to other dash cams "normal" sensitivity, thats why its unusual for you having now "way" too sensitive Panorama2. I see in this only positive side. Reading Korean forums, users there complaining about other premium dash cams motion detection being slow and not that sensitive, so to fill that demand gap Powerucc was constantly working on tuning up motion detection with past 3 firmware upgrades improving sensitivity.
I know at day time its very sensitive, but as its getting darker or at underground car park its sensitivity slightly less, depending on how much light is around.
I think its better to have good sensitive motion detection than standard like most others. This way you may capture not only what happening around your car, but for example all other surrounding distance action that might be a vital data / evidence etc. for other cases, not only crashing / scratching your car, example your home surveillance etc.

Last edited:
Back