Powerucc Panorama2

The raw files from niko are on page 6 of this thread. I actually wanted to quote Milamber first, but on the ipad I cannot paste any copied text into the reply field (strange).

Camcandy even did some side by side recordings with the panorama2 and the ls300w. But unfortunatly he did not upload the raw files, only youtube.

Thanks, I'll head over to page 6 :)

Oh, I have added the manual to my gmail drive too, its English: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-QAOiRWZHeETFRGY1JPVmdURUE&usp=sharing

This is a photo of my TF2+ that I took for dashcam's review on the TF2+ so this is the layout of my current vehicle.

Question I have is, can I apply the mount from the Panorama2 to the area marked in the picture below - this is the dark section above the blue areaof the windscreen where the weird black jaggered markings are:

VOrA91ER

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you can use that area. Panorama2 will he hidden behind the mirror.

Check few of my projects with videos and photos:

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index....bracket-mount-holder-instead-of-3m-tape.2169/

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index....-mount-dismount-magnetic-bracket-holder.2216/

Thanks Niko, since I still have my old FineVu CR500 cable mounted professionally in the roof (hardwired) I might just use the power cable from that since it looks to be the same type. (notUSB)

Last edited by a moderator:
I
Thanks Niko, since I still have my old FineVu CR500 cable mounted professionally in the roof (hardwired) I might just use the power cable from that since it looks to be the same type. (notUSB)

I dont see any reason why not to try. Finevu is also 12v and if plug / socket size is the same, everything should work.

I

I dont see any reason why not to try. Finevu is also 12v and if plug / socket size is the same, everything should work.

Just as you were typing that reply, I was watching your youtube vids!

Well, after reading through the multiple threads for a couple of months now (and after stumbling with Niko's repetitive recommendations of the Panorama2 against virtually all other options :p) I'm glad to say that my new Panorama2 is on its way from Korea today. I actually bought it last week but there was some sort of Korean holiday so it just shipped...

Looking forward to trying it out! :D

Well, after reading through the multiple threads for a couple of months now (and after stumbling with Niko's repetitive recommendations of the Panorama2 against virtually all other options :p) I'm glad to say that my new Panorama2 is on its way from Korea today. I actually bought it last week but there was some sort of Korean holiday so it just shipped...

Looking forward to trying it out! :D
Same, mine was shipped yesterday due to the Korean holiday, which option did you choose? I went with 8GB basic and will replace the SDCARD when it arrives...

Same, mine was shipped yesterday due to the Korean holiday, which option did you choose? I went with 8GB basic and will replace the SDCARD when it arrives...

My thoughts exactly, ordered the cheapest option with smallest memory and no options (power saver or GPS)... I'll be getting those in the future.

Regarding the GPS module, is it just a GPS antenna with a 2.5mm plug? If so, I think I have a bunch of unused antennas hanging around from an old job so I can try to use one of those, see if it works...

My thoughts exactly, ordered the cheapest option with smallest memory and no options (power saver or GPS)... I'll be getting those in the future.

Regarding the GPS module, is it just a GPS antenna with a 2.5mm plug? If so, I think I have a bunch of unused antennas hanging around from an old job so I can try to use one of those, see if it works...

Cool, what vehicle are you installing yours on and where about are you planning on installing it? (Below the rear view mirror or alongside it?)

Cool, what vehicle are you installing yours on and where about are you planning on installing it? (Below the rear view mirror or alongside it?)
Right now my DVR-207GS sits perfectly well hidden behind the rearview mirror of a Mazda 6. It's quite convenient since the LCD screen is the pull-down type. Once you pull the screen down it sits exactly where the mirror doesn't block it. I'm guessing I'll have to experiment with the Panorama2 since I like the camera hidden behind the mirror but that would make operating the camera a bit of a hassle (having to move the mirror every time I want to see something or press a button).

I'll also be hardwiring it. At first to a switched add-a-circuit in my fuse box so that it comes on and off with ignition. Later I'll be getting a Power Magic or something of that sort to be able to wire it to an always-on circuit and use it for parking mode. The capacitor vs. battery issue that Niko pointed out in multiple posts is one of the most important things I considered for using it as parking mode in high temperatures.

The capacitor vs. battery issue that Niko pointed out in multiple posts is one of the most important things I considered for using it as parking mode in high temperatures.

I'm not sure why dashcam manufacturers choose battery over capacitor, perhaps LI-ON battery is a cheaper option. It's definitely not safer and restricts the audience of buyers, I would have thought that by design safety and target audience would be priority... kinda goes without saying really.

I'm not sure why dashcam manufacturers choose battery over capacitor, perhaps LI-ON battery is a cheaper option. It's definitely not safer and restricts the audience of buyers, I would have thought that by design safety and target audience would be priority... kinda goes without saying really.

Using a battery is significantly cheaper and much easier to manufacture, batteries are ok for regular use if a decent quality battery is used, the majority do not use decent quality batteries though unfortunately, regardless batteries are not good for parking mode due to potential ambient temps, for anyone that does a lot of driving or wants to use parking mode a model without batteries is a safer option

Is it possible to select what should show up on the video, i.e. GPS, G-sensor, speed, etc? How about deselecting GPS and G-sensor on the video, but instead have the information saved on the memory card? And last, same scenario as in the second sentence, but without storing GPS and G-sensor information anywhere.

Is it possible to change the WDR on and off, seeing as it can reduce quality during daytime recording?

Last edited:
Is it possible to select what should show up on the video, i.e. GPS, G-sensor, speed, etc? How about deselecting GPS and G-sensor on the video, but instead have the information saved on the memory card? And last, same scenario as in the second sentence, but without storing GPS and G-sensor information anywhere.

Is it possible to change the WDR on and off, seeing as it can reduce quality during daytime recording?

The only way to "remove" GPS-related data, is to unplug gps antenna.
G-sensor can be switched off from the menu.
WDR is permanent, but it does not affect too much day time video. All data can be seen clearly. Best way would be if WDR would switch off itself automatically upon device sensing a day- or nigh, but I haven't heard anybody doing this function yet. Only Vico has "vico scedule" for EV ( exposure value ), but this is different to WDR.

I guess all your proposals ( solutions to your questions ) could be incorporated into dash camera, but for sure this would put price up. Within 180 usd price range to have package like Panorama2 have, - is actually a bargain price.
You ask for more, - you pay more. But question is: - ( with all those extras price goes up ), - will there be such a big demand on product? Maybe only few people need those extras, thats why it's not profitable for developer.
I am sure there are ( or will be ) same good quality dash cameras with all those extra functions you are looking for, but of course price will be much higher.

Hope you know what I mean.

Hi! Accidentally found this video.
The new firmware v1.11.03?

This is Beta version. Powerucc have not yet released it to the public. First they need to test them-self for bugs etc.
Usually before confirmed stable firmware, - they do Beta version. After it proven, then they share it on their website.
In the past they had few Beta versions ( V1.09.03, v1.10.04 ) , but they closed down download links to them and share only fully tested firmwares just to avoid complications.
Much safer for Powerucc brand-name to keep it up to high standard and first fully test, only then share. I think its a right approach.

Youtube is not the right place to fully judge video quality. It give us overall overview of the footage.
However without even seeing a raw video files, I can say that they have improved AWB ( auto white balance ). Very nice, clear and sharp image.

Powerucc has been always constantly working on producing more and more updated firmwares, depending on buyers feedback and request. Mostly they gather feedback from Korean forums and blogs. Thats the kind of approach where developer communicates directly to end user. This is the right way how to improve product and service. Same way like vendor Foxoffer ( any few others ) communicates here on forum and Manufacturer Jokiin as well. Only this way you know what people want ;)
It's a sad that nobody from Powerucc representatives are not on the forum. All info need to be gathered from Korean forums.

I think all biggest dash camera names manufacturers should have one english speaking person to represent them on this forum, so we could address all our questions / concerns directly.

I think all biggest dash camera names manufacturers should have one english speaking person to represent them on this forum, so we could address all our questions / concerns directly.

most don't appreciate what a valuable resource this is

My Panorma2 will arrive tomorrow and i'll do a RAW video comparison with the Vico TF2+, tomorrow's weather is looking overcast which will produce some good lighting hopefully with some direct light to see the exposure and white balances, before I test I will update my Panorma2 with the latest public firmware.

Niko, I found this on the Vivovation site regarding FW upgrade on the WF1.
Wondering when you tried to upgrade the Panorama II using the 5V source, if the power supply you used also did not have 1A+ output?
Just a thought...

SPECIAL NOTICE:
Please be careful about the charger. The original charger is highly recommended for upgrade in the car.
If you upgrade at home, please aware of the power adaptor can provide sufficient 5V/1A output.
Please avoid using mobile phone USB charger which under 5V/1A output.
Insufficient power supply might lead to update failure.
Please notice the power environment when upgrading, thank you.

I'll be updating my firmware via the vehicle charger in the car with the ignition turned on. I do this for ALL firmware updates, so I don't brick the device.

Back