Powerucc Panorama2

I decided to get the Panorama2 based on Nico's posts here and the videos on youtube showing the nice menus and great video quality.
I believe a bunch of us has bought the Panorama2 because of Niko's posts. Niko, you should ask them for a commission... :D

I believe a bunch of us has bought the Panorama2 because of Niko's posts. Niko, you should ask them for a commission... :D

Any other well built dash camera out there would have same attention from me and would deserve to be recognized, if it has good quality built , performance and competitive price, but unfortunately I can not afford to buy all dash camera I want or would like to test.

Panorama2 was my impulsive purchase just out of curiosity back when it was just released on Korean market about half year ago and It's looks like this buy was successful. At least till now I am happy with it and at the moment don't see any other competitors close to Panorama2 within that price range vs quality / options / performance.

I am here just to share my experience with other forum members. I do not believe in promoting crap or false info, - it's only short term scenario and bad reputation for reviewer and for developer / manufacturer.

We all know that in many cases even the well known high quality brand name products could have some glitches, but thats why unbiased reviews are great for manufacturer as well, -it provide them info on what to fix, what to improve. Otherwise they would not know what can be done better.

I never talked with Powerucc about some kind of "commissions" ( I am not looking for any reward ), but of course Powerucc could provide me next time free dash camera sample for unbiased review if they will have something new coming out in the future.

I wish if vendors or manufacturers would see potential in this forum providing free products samples for test and review. This would be win-win scenario for everybody.
Vendors would stock only those dash cameras which are good quality and in demand, this way not selling crap and minimizing faulty or un-happy purchases return from buyers. Selling quality products leads to satisfied customers and good reputation of product / brand name or vendor name.

Any other well built dash camera out there would have same attention from me and would deserve to be recognized, if it has good quality built , performance and competitive price, but unfortunately I can not afford to buy all dash camera I want or would like to test.

Panorama2 was my impulsive purchase just out of curiosity back when it was just released on Korean market about half year ago and It's looks like this buy was successful. At least till now I am happy with it and at the moment don't see any other competitors close to Panorama2 within that price range vs quality / options / performance.

I am here just to share my experience with other forum members. I do not believe in promoting crap or false info, - it's only short term scenario and bad reputation for reviewer and for developer / manufacturer.

We all know that in many cases even the well known high quality brand name products could have some glitches, but thats why unbiased reviews are great for manufacturer as well, -it provide them info on what to fix, what to improve. Otherwise they would not know what can be done better.

I never talked with Powerucc about some kind of "commissions" ( I am not looking for any reward ), but of course Powerucc could provide me next time free dash camera sample for unbiased review if they will have something new coming out in the future.

I wish if vendors or manufacturers would see potential in this forum providing free products samples for test and review. This would be win-win scenario for everybody.
Vendors would stock only those dash cameras which are good quality and in demand, this way not selling crap and minimizing faulty or un-happy purchases return from buyers. Selling quality products leads to satisfied customers and good reputation of product / brand name or vendor name.

nico, how does the Panorama2 compare with the VicoVation which is in a similar price bracket?

Hi Fatpanda, I have Vicovation TF2+ since release thanks to Vico providing with me a camera the day of release from Taiwan (very good of them since week 1 was meant to be Taiwan only). I will be providing some side by side footage soon of both Panorma2 and Vico with 140 degree angle enabled on the Vico to make the comparison more fair, so standby. I am very busy thius weekend due to public holiday, but I will sort it as fast as possible with RAW video uploads.

nico, how does the Panorama2 compare with the VicoVation which is in a similar price bracket?

"On the paper" Panorama2 has few advantages over Vico:
- capacitors
- sony exmor cmos
- higher video bit-rate of 12Mbps
+ few other small non major things, but this all is on the paper differences.
Different people - different needs. I dont know what is your priorities from dash cam.

Also its has much more sensitive motion detection recording vs Vico and most other dash cams.

Best if you ask Milamber. He has both of them in hand and he will be able to give us his opinion on differences. I dont want to speculate if not physically had other dash cam in hand to do side by side tests.

Last edited:
- capacitors instead of battery
- sony expor cmos
Different people - different needs. I dont know what is your priorities from dash cam.

Also its has much more sensitive motion detection recording vs Vico and most other dash cams.

Best if you ask Milamber. He has both of them in hand and he will be able to give us his opinion on differences. I dont want to speculate if not physically had other dash cam in hand to do side by side tests.

The Vico TF2+ is capacitor only, no batteries :) Not sure about other Vico models though. This is one of the reasons why I replaced my rear cam with the TF2+ since it an 80 degree temp rating, ideal for rear of car in Australia when parked.

I do believe the Panorma2 is better as a front facing camera given the higher bit rate and better color gradation and of course Sony Expor CMOS (which you will see in my review)

The Vico TF2+ is capacitor only, no batteries :) Not sure about other Vico models though. This is one of the reasons why I replaced my rear cam with the TF2+ since it an 80 degree temp rating, ideal for rear of car in Australia when parked.

I do believe the Panorma2 is better as a front facing camera given the higher bit rate and better color gradation and of course Sony Expor CMOS (which you will see in my review)

Sorry, my bad about battery vs capacitor. Mixed up something.

Just to clarify: Panorama2 has 154 degree diagonal, but i guess in real life visually it will be almost the same as Vico tf+ 160 degree.
Of course Vico advantage is having 140 degree lens view option. This brings front objects slightly closer than compare to ultra wide lens option.

Sorry, my bad about battery vs capacitor. Mixed up something.

Just to clarify: Panorama2 has 154 degree diagonal, but i guess in real life visually it will be almost the same as Vico tf+ 160 degree.
Of course Vico advantage is having 140 degree lens view option. This brings front objects slightly closer than compare to ultra wide lens option.

Thanks for that info Niko, this means in my comparison I will use 160degree angle on the vico then :)

Thanks for that info Niko, this means in my comparison I will use 160degree angle on the vico then :)

Yes, that would be a fair deal, but also you can compare with Vico set to 140 degree, so people can see angle view difference which affect how sharp are distance objects readings ( numberplates ).

Looking forward to your review Milamber.

- capacitors
- sony exmor cmos
- higher video bit-rate of 12Mbps

Niko you said earlier that appealed to the manufacturer to increase the video bit-rate? It would be nice if they increased the bit-rate up to 15-18 Mbps. Is it real?

Niko, I guess you should correct your posting in this thread as well: http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/a-few-questions.2597/#post-27122 ;)

You right.
Sorry, it was my mistake to make conclusions in a hurry from comment under youtube video.
Thank you for correcting.

Just want to clarify some facts regarding Vico TF2+, - it still has lithium battery inside.
( edited ) : VIco TF2+ has CAPACITORS inside !!! ( sorry my mistake making conclusions from info provided by blackboxmycar.com in his review regarding Vico TF2 )

Well known reseller also does not recommend battery operated dash cams in hot weather countries:

Comment from youtube video:

@@@@@

Blackbox Mycar.com 4 months ago

Having a battery inside these dashcams are very dangerous. Lithium battery will get heated and it will blow up inside the vehicle. It won't blow up the entire car, but the camera will blow up itself. This happens alot with cheaper Chinese cameras with batteries inside. For this reason, we do not recommend buying a dashcam with a battery inside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Niko you said earlier that appealed to the manufacturer to increase the video bit-rate? It would be nice if they increased the bit-rate up to 15-18 Mbps. Is it real?

Yes, I had addressed few proposals to Powerucc after first month of use, like :

- WDR
- 720p at 60 fps, like on dod ls300w I had back then
- automatic parking mode for motion detection
- 15Mbps bit-rate

Later on was tuned up to WDR and 720p with 60fps sas added

I might forgot exact replay regarding auto-parking mode, but I as I understood, - this function has some kind of patent or something like this in Korea, so in order to implement it on Panorama2 they have to go trough process of applying for the rights to use it, or something like this.

About rising a bit-rate its only my speculation: - it's probably not done yet for overheating safety reasons. Maybe they found out that best if they stay at 12Mbps, than increasing to 15Mbps and having reports of overheating. In addition to that, - most Korean dash cams operate at 8-12Mbps and I never came across model with higher than that bit-rate. ( those all are only my speculative thoughts ).

Would increasing the video bit-rate from 12Mbps to 15Mbps make much difference to the dashcam temperature? If so will it be only 1-2 degree or 10-15 degree? I am guessing more like just a few degrees.

Depends in the camera I think, not all are created equally, in some when you raise the bitrate too much they get noticeably hotter, its more than a few degrees of difference

my personal view is that 12mbps is a good balance between quality/space/heat, it's not too stressful on components and gives a bit more recording time at a more than acceptable quality level

I also has same opinion.
My guess is maybe Powerucc did tests on higher bit-rate, but discovered same as you say, that for Coach 12p CPU they are using and for overall functionality balance the best practical is to stay in the middle with 12Mbps.
Comparing side by side two good dash cams one with 15mbps - other with 12Mbps, - we can see only a little bit more noise on 12mbps bit-rate videos, but it does not affect vital data reading like numberplates etc.
Much higher bit-rate ( like mobius 18mbps ) is probably only good for video-editing purpose as BobDiaz mentioned, but it does not give that much benefit on overall needed vital data reading for dash cam user.
What we need is to capture offender car numberplate, car shape ( make / model ) and colour of the car.

Would increasing the video bit-rate from 12Mbps to 15Mbps make much difference to the dashcam temperature? If so will it be only 1-2 degree or 10-15 degree? I am guessing more like just a few degrees.

It's all comes to CPU. Every CPU has its own limitations on how it performs on maximum load. Probably for Coach 12p most practical bit-rate for Panorama2 is 12Mbps. I am not an expert in those things, but I guess that CPU could also handle much higher bit-rate, but probably this would put too much stress on it in long run.

Back