Powerucc Panorama2

I prefer the latest firmware with no violet/purple color. (But understand slightly less detail). It's a preference thing.

the good thing about Panorama- series firmware is that developer leaves us a choice of individual preference:
- v1.12.03: purple effect, but with more background details reading at night ,
- v1.12.06 with natural dark background at night, but with less background details reading,

... so its up to individual preference.

I'm with Niko, I like 1.12.03 better because of the greater amount of details at night.

Hey fellas, do you still think that the PANORAMAII S is the best dash cam for $200?
I'm looking for a camera with the best possible picture quality, reliability and small size for no more than $250.

Thanks.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/181249487120

Last edited:
I think he meant "underline" as in please highlight which files you're questioning... The image itself doesn't help understand the problem you're trying to describe.
@Gabolinche explained well my question.
Going to direct to earlier response, seeing as it's describes the issue well:
Look closely at the image and you'll notice it very clearly: for example clip 622 suddenly jumps to 633 and so forth.
You'll notice it immediately this time as well. File 180006 suddenly jumps to 180206 and so forth. Where are the files between the gap? See the whole image and you'll notice even more of these "jumps".

Last edited:
Panorama has that when it comes to the cigarette charger.
Thanks, I just found the answer in another thread.
So, is it still a good buy? I got fake K2000, would I see significant/noticeable improvement in picture quality?
Would you go with Panorama II S or DOD F980LS?

Thanks, I just found the answer in another thread.
So, is it still a good buy? I got fake K2000, would I see significant/noticeable improvement in picture quality?
Would you go with Panorama II S or DOD F980LS?
I would not recommend the DOD F980LS at all. Not good video quality per today's standard.
You'll at least get very good video quality with the Panorama. You might also want to consider Lucas' LK-9700 Duo, Vicocation's full HD dual camera Vico Marcus 5 (Vico german online store expects to sell it 15. june 2014), or Jokiin's GuardTrack GT2S which is expected to come within this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to direct to earlier response, seeing as it's describes the issue well:

You'll notice it immediately this time as well. File 180006 suddenly jumps to 180206 and so forth. Where are the files between the gap? See the whole image and you'll notice even more of these "jumps".

Ok, now I see what you mean. One 2min file is missing. Have you checked protected files folder, maybe its got there due to G-sensor activation?

I would not recommend the DOD F980LS at all. Not good video quality per today's standard.
You'll at least get very good video quality with the Panorama. You might also want to consider Lucas' LK-9700 Duo, Vicocation's full HD dual camera Vico Marcus 5 (Vico german online store expects to sell it 15. june 2014), or Jokiin's GuardTrack GT2S which is expected to come within this year.
Lucas is out of my price range, but Vico Marcus 5 might work. Do you think Vico Marcus 5 will deliver a better video vs Panorama S?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, now I see what you mean. One 2min file is missing. Have you checked protected files folder, maybe its got there due to G-sensor activation?
Only 1 file missing? Please see the image, it would seem there are much more files that are missing. Another example as can be seen in the image: 144731 jumps to 151156 jumps to 151356.

Do you think Vico Marcus 5 will deliver a better video vs Panorama S?
It's not out yet, so even if I wanted to, I or others can't know before it is released, reviewed and compared with other dashboard cameras.

Only 1 file missing? Please see the image, it would seem there are much more files that are missing. Another example as can be seen in the image: 144731 jumps to 151156 jumps to 151356.

I could not see clearly from my phone ( too many files to inspect ), so I was relaying on your replay @ " ... File 180006 suddenly jumps to 180206 ".
Anyway, if this is an issue with other files "places" as well, - have you checked "Emergency files" folder, maybe they are there ?

Lucas is out of my price range, but Vico Marcus 5 might work. Do you think Vico Marcus 5 will deliver a better video vs Panorama S?

M5 will be available in the mid-june ( initial reports ).
Only proper, complete side by side test can tell who and how will perform against each other.

It's not out yet, so even if I wanted to, I or others can't know before it is released, reviewed and compared with other dashboard cameras.
M5 will be available in the mid-june ( initial reports ).
Only proper, complete side by side test can tell who and how will perform against each other.
ok, I guess panorama should work for me then.
chime in if you come up with something else.
thanks guys

Do you have motion detection set to on? Is your camera hardwired to an always-on power source or a switched power source?

Hello everyone again. My Panorama II went blurry all of the sudden. Out of focus. I had upgraded the firmware to v1.12.06 but it was working fine. I went back to v1.12.03, no change. Does anyone have any suggestions? Anything that I sould look for, check or adjust?

I'd bought it last October but I assume that sending it to Korea for repair, even if covered, is out of the question with shipping and all. Any ideas?

Thanks for any assistance.

Lens is clean. First thing that I checked. Then cleaned it again just in case.

The sad part is that tomorrow I leave for a day trip to the mountains and wanted to record the trip for some friends overseas.

One thing, I replaced the SD card with a 64gb Sandisk a couple of weeks ago, but it was working fine with it no problem. I tried different size cards to see if there is a difference in quality, although I can't really see a connection, but to no avail.

My Panorama II in the heat began to reboot.:(

Back