Powerucc Panorama2

point was bitrate is not everything, you can have a high bitrate (which people feel is necessary), but still have a poor quality result
True, but as in the case of the FineVu CR-500HD's, a modest bit rate of 1-12mbps shows it's ugly attributes when there are many objects (trees,buildings,etc.), in the video frame. So obviously, a cam with a high-quality processor, high-quality lens, and high, recording bit rate, is going to out perform a similar unit recording at lower bit rates.

You cannot argue the fact that the Mobius produces exceptional video quality, especially considering it's low price point, and lower-quality components. I'm pretty sure that it's higher recording bit rate has a lot to do with that.

Just video comparison swith other DVR

Last edited:
So obviously, a cam with a high-quality processor, high-quality lens, and high, recording bit rate, is going to out perform a similar unit recording at lower bit rates.

of course, bitrate alone is not the determining factor, the result is a combination of these factors

You cannot argue the fact that the Mobius produces exceptional video quality, especially considering it's low price point, and lower-quality components. I'm pretty sure that it's higher recording bit rate has a lot to do with that.

I'm not arguing at all

.... Why would anyone even entertain the thought of buying one, when you could buy 3 Mobius Action cams, that produce superior video (18mbps) for the same money?
Given that the night-time video from the Mobius is nothing to brag about, but the daytime video is nothing short of great!

I bought the Pano S for better quality video at night time, since I drive more often at night time. (+ the 5 second buffer in "parking mode"/motion detect+ the large "save" button+the screen+the 128GB capability). The mobius has good/great daytime video but it is not superior to the video quality of the Pano S IMO.
I have the 0801, (2) mobius(a and b), and the Pano S...the Pano S has A LOT better video at night than the 0801 and Mobius.

Pano S in front and Mobius A in rear.(both hardwired 24/7 power on motion detect..very happy with this combo-well, I do wish the Mobius had the 5 second buffer for Motion Detect-that would be icing on the cake)

I bought the Pano S for better quality video at night time, since I drive more often at night time. (+ the 5 second buffer in "parking mode"/motion detect+ the large "save" button+the screen+the 128GB capability). The mobius has good/great daytime video but it is not superior to the video quality of the Pano S IMO.
I have the 0801, (2) mobius(a and b), and the Pano S...the Pano S has A LOT better video at night than the 0801 and Mobius.

Pano S in front and Mobius A in rear.(both hardwired 24/7 power on motion detect..very happy with this combo-well, I do wish the Mobius had the 5 second buffer for Motion Detect-that would be icing on the cake)
Thanks! and in light of the firmware upgrade allowing higher recording bit rates, I ordered one w/GPS. I also use the Mobius on the rear, and on driver's-side window to catch the faces of Troopers that speed (illegally) by me every day:

Hi guys, I just bought a panorama2. For some reasons, it doesn't keep the date I set. It keeps reverting into 4/1/2013 whenever I turn my car off and start again. Does anyone know what's wrong with it? Thanks.

Set the time zone properly...it's defaulting to China I think...from memory...

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

I already set it to LA time zone but still no hope.

Hi guys, I just bought a panorama2. For some reasons, it doesn't keep the date I set. It keeps reverting into 4/1/2013 whenever I turn my car off and start again. Does anyone know what's wrong with it? Thanks.
I already set it to LA time zone but still no hope.

- does time also reverts to some other time zones, or stays same as set before ?
- does other settings go to default, or stay same as you set before ?

Everything stayed the same but the time.

Yes , but will be problem sometimes

I tried formatting as FAT32 in windows but then the recording stops after few seconds and the device reboots itself!
I then formatted the card in the device itself and now it's working fine. Looking in windows, the card seems to be formatted exFAT by the device.
So if you say exfat gives problems, can you explain how to get the card FAT32 and working?

It's a transcend class 10 64Gb card.

I tried formatting as FAT32 in windows but then the recording stops after few seconds and the device reboots itself!
I then formatted the card in the device itself and now it's working fine. Looking in windows, the card seems to be formatted exFAT by the device.
So if you say exfat gives problems, can you explain how to get the card FAT32 and working?

It's a transcend class 10 64Gb card.

As long as you formatted it in the camera the card should work fine. Windows and other operating systems are not inherently optimized for formatting SD cards and may produce some incompatibilities. If you want to format an SD card in Windows always try using SDFormatter (official formatting utility from the SD Association).

Hi Niko! New test firmware is not expected?

Hi Niko! New test firmware is not expected?

Hi Zax !
New FW expected in some stage. Exact date is not yet know. Still doing some tests. When all tests are done and all looks good, then it will be shared to public.

Look at the attached image. It should overwrite the oldest fine; not remove newer ones. It's a big problem as it is now.

Attachments

• Img 1.png
    Img 1.png
    10 KB · Views: 24
Look at the attached image. It should overwrite the oldest fine; not remove newer ones. It's a big problem as it is now.
Even though I don't exactly understand the problem you're describing, I recommend updating your firmware. Old firmwares used the file naming convention you attached, newer firmwares have a new file naming convention that is easier to read and use. Updated firmware might also help with your problem...

Look closely at the image and you'll notice it very clearly: for example clip 622 suddenly jumps to 633 and so forth.

Which firmware you have?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D II / S 7
DGTLSYSTEMS II / S 1
D II / S 9
I II / S 37
alexsoll II / S 263
Back