Powerucc Panorama2

I've seen one other case where the Panorama comes up with "Card Error" (no matter which card you use) It only happened once out of the hundreds of Panoramas we've sold. PowerUCC has incredible QA, but anything is possible with electronics as you know. If yours is the same it's time to exchange it for a new one.

Thank you for your response. Even my 1 GB card has suddenly died in the camera..... should I contact the seller and ask for a replacement camera? I don't use it anymore because i'm affraid the camera will also damage the 128GB card....

Also before the 1 GB card died I tried the 128 GB many times without succes :(

1GB? I don't believe the Panorama supports anything below 4GB or 8GB. Those older cards are too slow, and don't have as much redundant flash material. Card Error with an old 1GB card is normal sounding to me.

Whats the latest firmware for the Panorama 2?

I know Niko was providing BETA non listed firmwares in some instances, and I heard from the REP that a firmware was due to replace the purple haze hence my question.

I'll wait to see what eventuates.

I know Niko was providing BETA non listed firmwares in some instances, and I heard from the REP that a firmware was due to replace the purple haze hence my question.

I'll wait to see what eventuates.

1.12.06 replaced the Violet Purple mode that was previously used for enhanced detail with a more natural looking brown tone color pallet.

Check out this thread for details.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-12-03-vs-v1-12-06-day-night-comparison.5396/

There is a new Beta in the works for further enhanced license plate reading at night, but it's not ready yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just sat and read this full thread (my head hurts) - are there any of you out there still with bricked units that you didn't send back to the manufacturer after a bad firmware flash?

I've a 5V charger with mini-usb connector. Can I use that to power the camera?

I just purchased one and would like to test out the different functions, settings in the comfort of my home. Will I ruin it if I use the 5V charger to power it via USB?

I just purchased one and would like to test out the different functions, settings in the comfort of my home. Will I ruin it if I use the 5V charger to power it via USB?
The only thing to avoid when powered via 5V microUSB port: DO NOT Update a Firmware! U gonna brick it.

the microUSB port on the camera is a factory service port only. (not for transferring files) If you power the Panorama in your home or car via this microUSB port, new recordings won't start automatically. Only use the included 12v cigarette lighter port adapter charger for day to day use.

I would use a power inverter to take your homes AC current to a cigarette port if you must power your camera up at home and not in your car.

Hello all

So where is the best place to post suggestions/feature requests? Or is that better sent directly to @SungMoon directly?

Here is fine, Niko and I have been working with SM directly in recent X2 and G beta testing going on currently. There is a new internal beta S firmware as well that improves exFAT compatibility with super large SD cards

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D II / S 7
DGTLSYSTEMS II / S 1
D II / S 9
I II / S 37
alexsoll II / S 263
Back