Problem removing the GPS mount from A119s v2

a4852

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Viofo A119S
Hi everyone,

Just received my A119S (v2) and it arrived with the GPS mount already attached to the back of the dash cam

Maybe it's just my stupidity but I am having no luck in trying to remove the mount from the back of the dash cam.

Instruction manual shows the process for attaching the mount but there is nothing about removing it.

I have tried sliding it and also lifting it, but it just doesn't budge - and I don't want to risk breaking it.

Only reason that I am removing it is so that I can attach one of the 3M EVA foam pads that were included in the kit.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Maybe this photo will help? The camera slides "UP" and "OUT" from the mounting tab as seen in this photo.
This is an A119, not the A119S but it works the same.

Thanks Dashmellow.

I finally managed to remove it. I think it was a case of me trying to be too gentle with it.

Really appreciate the help.

It should not have come already attached. It might have been someones return. I would inspect it very closely.

It should not have come already attached. It might have been someones return. I would inspect it very closely.

I actually thought it was strange as well.

When I opened the outer packaging I initially thought that the GPS module was missing as I was expecting it to be supplied in a separate box just like the CPL filter was.

The dash cam itself looked new and had all of the original plastic still attached to it (on the screen and on the lens) and all of the cables and accessories were unopened.

I've sent an e-mail to the eBay seller I purchased it from and ask if they attached it as part of their pre-shipping routine.

Incredibly within only 5 minutes I received a reply stating that they order from the manufacturer with the gps module pre-installed therefore they were attached from manufacturer by default.

Just curious ...Was there a new firmware update for the A119S? Last one I updated was 1.7 was there one after that one?

I received my A119S V2 last week from OCD Tronic via Amazon.ca and it too had the GPS mounted. Based on the packaging, I don't think there would be room to include the GPS module separate from the camera. I certainly had no concerns about it being a returned unit.

Just curious ...Was there a new firmware update for the A119S? Last one I updated was 1.7 was there one after that one?

@Sutton, earlier, I was wondering why you would post a question like this in a thread about a problem removing the GPS mount from the camera? Now you've repeated the identical post here again five hours later. What gives? I'll bet you'd have a better chance of receiving an answer to your question in one of the many firmware related threads in the A119S sub forum. :) It probably wouldn't hurt to tag @viofo or @OCD Tronic as they'll surely have the answer you seek.

Last edited:
Per the Viofo website "Latest A119S firmware is released on 2017.6.22, version number is V1.7". You have the most recent version.

Per the Viofo website "Latest A119S firmware is released on 2017.6.22, version number is V1.7". You have the most recent version.
Thank you:)

I received my A119S V2 last week from OCD Tronic via Amazon.ca and it too had the GPS mounted. Based on the packaging, I don't think there would be room to include the GPS module separate from the camera. I certainly had no concerns about it being a returned unit.

As of the second batch of V2, all new A119GPS / A119SGPS units will have the GPS mount pre-attached to the camera in the product box. (so it's not pre-owned/used)
It was done so an extra layer of QA can be checked at the factory.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N A119S 10
L A119S 8
J A119S 12
D A119S 9
T A119S 2
Back