Quality Long Focal Length Lens

Questions

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd like to use my Mobius to zoom in on some distant action (example: a person 100 yards away). I have no idea what focal length I should be looking to find, nor do I have any idea of a quality lens that includes the IR cut filter. Rather than spend hours prowling the web, I thought perhaps some here might be able to suggest some lenses and perhaps provide some images with the distance taken stated.

Thank you in advance,
Andrew

Thank you. I had missed those options.

The 25mm lens is getting there with a 7.5x view.

Using the images they had on the site as samples, it looks like what I'd prefer to have is something in the 15x to 20x range (50-60mm?). Is there something quality and not absurdly priced with a view greater than 7.5x? If not then I suppose I can always use a video editing application to zoom in, but I'd prefer to do it natively if possible.

Thanks again,
Andrew

I can't personally recommend anything, but there's plenty out there. Just search M12 lenses on ebay, aliexpress, or M12lenses.com. These lenses are primarily for CCTV cameras and have no IR cut filter, so you'd have to get one and install it if going with one of these. And quality is an unknown from ebay and ali of course.

I've found several on Ali, eBay, and Amazon. I've also found IR cut filters I can glue on, and I've found adapters that I can use to convert C-mount lenses to M12. I'm still just wondering if anyone has had direct experience with any themselves.

Thanks,
Andrew

I bought IR filter here.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/281437567116But my lens is too short (6mm) for your needs.
I suggest you to look in youtube, airsoft guys use them for "snipers" POVs. Just search "mobius lens sniper" or airsoft and you can find links for lenses used & image like this one
at about 1:45 u can see different fov for each lens

Back