Questions about Ambarella mini 0803

Jonatan

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi, I have some doubts about Ambarella mini 0803.

1- Which is the best White balance for the night?

2- Which is the best resolution (1080/1296) and best definition (Normal/Fine/S.Fine) for get the best video quality and read better the plates?

3- From where I can download the latest firmware?

4- Is possible parking mode with G-Sensor? (For example if an car hits our car the dash cam turn on and start recording)

5- Is possible up the volume? (Has a very low volume and in the menu don't appear an option for modify this but in the instructions yes appear this option), (LDWS is useless if it is not possible to hear the sound. (not even with the music off)

6- What is AE METER MODE? (and wich are the differences of center with spot?)

Best regards.

Last edited:
Any response is welcome, if you know the answer to any question please share.

Regards.

2- Which is the best resolution (1080/1296) and best definition (Normal/Fine/S.Fine) for get the best video quality and read better the plates?
1296 & S.Fine, should give you the best possible result.
I believe there is no official download site from the manufacturer, but there is a database maintained by @Tobi@s here.
Also @Rayman.Chan (manufacturer?) posts firmwares & takes firmware requests here
4- Is possible parking mode with G-Sensor? (For example if an car hits our car the dash cam turn on and start recording)
Dont think so. Even if its possible, wouldnt it be too late for your scenario? Ideally, the camera should already have been recording before the crash ?
5- Is possible up the volume?
Maybe @Rayman.Chan can add this feature in the next firmware verions. I believe its already been requested.
6- What is AE METER MODE?
Exposure control modes for a camera. Here is quick guide.

Last edited by a moderator:
1296 & S.Fine, should give you the best possible result.
I believe there is no official download site from the manufacturer, but there is a database maintained by @Tobi@s here.
Also @Rayman.Chan (manufacturer?) posts firmwares & takes firmware requests here
Dont think so. Even if its possible, wouldnt it be too late for your scenario? Ideally, the camera should already have been recording before the crash ?
5- Is possible up the volume?
Maybe @Rayman.Chan can add this feature in the next firmware verions. I believe its already been requested.
6- What is AE METER MODE?
Exposure control modes for a camera. Here is quick guide.
thank you very much once again for your kind help.

I have other question haha, You know what is EV? for example the difference of -1 with +1.

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
what is EV?
Exposure Value, so you can tell the camera to expose at a higher (brighter) or lower (darker) values.
More here

Back