Questions before purchase

snekot

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm completely brand new to dashcams, but I have been doing research on all the popular models. The SG9665GC would go into a 2016 Chevrolet Volt. From what I've learned from the Volt owners forums is that a lot of dash cams create interference with onboard electronics when placed next to the rearview mirror. I haven't seen any reviews about this particular dash cam, so I don't know if it'll be an issue or not.

What is the return policy if I encounter this problem? I'm assuming that the 1 year warranty covers replacement of the dashcam if any problems should arise? But, what if I'm unable to use it due to interference?

How does this dash cam do in frequent hot weather? I live in the Los Angeles area and it can get pretty hot out and I plan to leave the dash cam in the vehicle.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm completely brand new to dashcams, but I have been doing research on all the popular models. The SG9665GC would go into a 2016 Chevrolet Volt. From what I've learned from the Volt owners forums is that a lot of dash cams create interference with onboard electronics when placed next to the rearview mirror. I haven't seen any reviews about this particular dash cam, so I don't know if it'll be an issue or not.

What is the return policy if I encounter this problem? I'm assuming that the 1 year warranty covers replacement of the dashcam if any problems should arise? But, what if I'm unable to use it due to interference?

How does this dash cam do in frequent hot weather? I live in the Los Angeles area and it can get pretty hot out and I plan to leave the dash cam in the vehicle.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi welcome to the club soon.

Our latest GC batches have been fully spectrum analyzed and pass tests with flying colors. (No RF spikes, no interference) We're really excited how polished things are today. Improving all products is a never ending process and the SG9665GC is quite stable/mature after several months of minimal fine tuning.

There is a 1 year no hassle warranty for North America stock

The SG9665GC is as good as it gets for DashCam heat tolerance. All metal lens base = zero heat related focus shift. Heat chamber tested and record real world tests all passed this summer by many. I'm proud to only sell high end products and the GC is our current flag ship product.

Last edited:
Welcome to DCT snekot :) I use them extensively in the desert Southwest and LA area with no heat related problems at all. Nice stealthy camera.

Thanks for the info and the welcome!

I do admit I was tempted to buy the much cheaper alternatives that won't last as long. But, the customer support and warranty are what's enticing me the most.

Thanks for the info and the welcome!

I do admit I was tempted to buy the much cheaper alternatives that won't last as long. But, the customer support and warranty are what's enticing me the most.
Customer service and support by @Pier28 and the rest of @jokiin Street Guardian brand is, in my opinion, the best around. Lot of choices for dashcams out there, but service and support swings it for me. Good luck!

Fast replies via private message with @Pier28 ! I feel a lot more comfortable splurging on a premium price for a dash cam with this very responsive customer service. Just placed my order and excited to receive this some time before Christmas.

Fast replies via private message with @Pier28 ! I feel a lot more comfortable splurging on a premium price for a dash cam with this very responsive customer service. Just placed my order and excited to receive this some time before Christmas.

We're all happy to help. Welcome aboard the Street Guardian train.

You can't go wrong with the SG9665GC. I've had mine since first of November and have had zero problems. Got it from Pier 28 with the CPL.
Fast shipping and they will answer all you questions

Maybe get yourself one of these ... Xiaomi 16000mAh Portable Mi Power Bank USB Battery Charger
One powers my SG9665GC for days (I decided not to use GPS as the cam shows me where I was & speed can be calculated if needed).
3m (12ft) cable gets it down under the dash (glovebox at the moment but that will change).
No connection to car's cabling & power means far less chance of any interference, no matter how negligible.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D SG9665GC 5
klatch SG9665GC 3
dvas SG9665GC 11
D SG9665GC 6
N SG9665GC 108
Back