radio interference

frankentrike

Reaction score
Country
United States
got a dvr 207 .runs good except i can't listen to am radio.constant hum or buzz. got the newest model.supposedly they sent the updated power cord.or should i get an inline radio filter?could i use another cord from something else[gps]? as long as it' 5.5 volts i should be alright ,shouldn't i?i like my am radio.thanks for looking.appreciate the help in advance. :(

a new power lead may help as it is one source of the noise, the other is the camera itself though and is a by product of the design, an inherent fault that there's not a lot you can do to eliminate unfortunately

Should be your charger. I believe the Dashcam Comparisons mentions something about switching it, let me try to find that.

EDIT: Here you go: http://dashcamtalk.com/dvr-207/#Radio_interference
Ask the seller for a new one. The one you have might be an old one or faulty.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is what always happen on cheap made junks,
you're lucky not having a navigation or you will find it kills the GPS signal receiving

dosen't really bother me except i like am radio.not a prob. at all on fm.still wondering if i got a filter from power to charger,because my power point is hardwired. ? do you think that would be any help?thanks again. :?

Back