Random Starting/Stopping with Power Off/On Sounds

povgride742

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I have a 522GW fitted with a Rear View Cabin module hardwired with the NEXTBASE Universal Dash Cam Hardwire Kit. I'm using a 128GB SanDisk High Endurance microSD card and the latest firmware (V21.5). I have the following settings:
- Parking Mode: On
- Auto Power Off: Off

While driving (and sometimes while sitting still at a red light), I'll hear the power off/on sound (though the camera doesn't actually turn off and back on from what I've noticed) and recording will stop and then restart (at random time intervals, not at the 1 minute video limit). I've included a video below to provide an example as I was coming to a stop. The time between when it stops and restarts varies slightly (sometimes a second, sometimes multiple seconds).

I did come across this thread, and I do have it hardwired into a 2020 Audi Q5 with Start/Stop. I'm ASSUMING based on that thread the camera is just getting inconsistent voltage at times, but is there ANYTHING else I should be looking for?

Thank you,
Brett

You're right to be investigating stop/start.

That is a dashcams worst enemy and a smooth circuit should be investigated.

Hello,

This is actually symptomatic of an SD card failure. Does it do the same thing if you have it inside your home on a USB cable please?

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

You're right to be investigating stop/start.

That is a dashcams worst enemy and a smooth circuit should be investigated.
Please elaborate as to why “stop/start is the dashcam worst enemy”.
Please and thank you

Because if not wired correctly, when the starter motor fires up at say traffic lights, all power is cut and the dashcam goes into shutdown mode.

The dashcam is still in shutdown mode when power is restored after the engine has fired so is not detected and the dashcam stays off.

Thanks for the clarification, it’s not that “stop/start” is the problem, it’s the incorrect hard wiring of the dashcam that causes the issue

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R 522GW 24
B 522GW 20
lamaktak 522GW 10
Back