Rear camera and headlights

Hadaak

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi Guys. I've been hit two days ago from the rear. It was a minor hit at a traffic light but the guy was not willing to sign the damn paper saying there was no major damage, a scratch according to him. When I called the insurance company they told me if he denies hitting you you will have to pay for repairs. So i'll be fitting a camera in the back. I already have one in the front. I even have the guy on film when I was talking to him after he hit me. So my question: is a rear camera good at night with the headlights of the car behind me hitting it directly? Or it depends on where it is mounted?
I'm planning on getting an A118c.
Thanks.

Not ideal but better than nothing right?

Make sure it has reasonable audio so that you can hear any impact, it is a lot easier to hear a small impact and be sure it has happened than to see something that is below the camera view. In many conditions you will not get a good image quality, but it will still show their behaviour, how close they were following, if they were changing lanes etc.

The A118C isn't so great at night. Maybe try a Mobius C? Much better at night, tiny, reliable.

I have a rear camera and out in the country at night all it capture is darkness as the rear light of my car is too little to capture anything.

In town it get much better and when the car behind me get close enuff i can make good plate captures, but this is directely behind me and at same general speed.
If we talk a car passing by from behind at speed then its the same as with a front camera and night, you will most likely not capture a plate.

The mobius is excellent rear and side cameras, not least if you have a vertical rear window like i have in my little Suzuki and the camera lens allmost touching the glass.

Only minus is you have to go to each camera to collect it or the SD card in it to get footage off it, i have mine on neodynium magnets so i can retrive the whole camera and not having to mess with the small micro SD cards.

Thanks for the info. I'll think about it.

Back