Rear camera not working from new !!

redoor43

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I bought a iiway jo1 from ebay new in the box, when it arrived i installed the front camera and all was good, due to working bad weather and my wife using the car for work i didnt fit the rear camera till a couple of weeks later only to find it's not working, now i was wondering the procedure for testing the cable with a multimeter (it's a four pin cable) if anyone can explain that to me i would be very gratefull, i have noticed that the mini jack that plugs into the front camera has a sort of milimeter gap between the plug and the camera body it doesnt feel right, i got a pin and scooped about inside to make sure there is nothing in there but cant feel any obstrution.
any help would be greatly appriciated.
thank you

Welcome to the forum redoor43.

Are you sure you just have not turned the 2 channel mode on ?
On most multi channel systems there are options to decide what resolution / FPS you want to run each channel in, so for instance a system could run 1440p/30 FPS front - 1080p/30 fps rear, or 1080p/60 FPS front - 1080p(30 rear or just 1440p/60 front and no rear camera.
It could be your system not detecting a rear camera on the first boot just decided OKAY so this guy just want me to be a 1 channel system, and then later when you plug in the rear camera it do not auto detect this and ask you if you want to change " your " initial setting.

Welcome to the forum redoor43.

Are you sure you just have not turned the 2 channel mode on ?
On most multi channel systems there are options to decide what resolution / FPS you want to run each channel in, so for instance a system could run 1440p/30 FPS front - 1080p/30 fps rear, or 1080p/60 FPS front - 1080p(30 rear or just 1440p/60 front and no rear camera.
It could be your system not detecting a rear camera on the first boot just decided OKAY so this guy just want me to be a 1 channel system, and then later when you plug in the rear camera it do not auto detect this and ask you if you want to change " your " initial setting.
Hi Kamkar
thank you for your rapid responce, ive looked all through the menu for fps settings and the hand book but there does not seem to be any it has a setting for front or back or both but nothing else but thank you once again.

You can try to plug the rear camera in, and then go into the menus and select reset to default, maybe a fresh clean start with the camera plugged in will do it.
This brand you have gotten, i have never heard of it before, one of those thousands of little brands.

Back