Rear camera keeps cutting out

tufty126

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'm new on here and have just bought a 522GW plus the round rear camera and had it fitted. All was working fine for 20 minutes when I noticed the rear camera screen had gone grey and nothing was being transmitted. When I got home I turned the car off (it is wired into the car) and then turned it on again and it was fine. As I was changng the camera settings up it went grey again. Has anyone experienced this particular fault and is this going to be a recurring problem? The main unit is fine so far. Might it be because the cameras are not charged up yet or is if just a duff rear camera? Any advice is most welcome. I didn't really want to get a next base yet for some reason have ended up with one. I hope I won't regret it.:oops:

Return it to who fitted it (if they also supplied it). Power to rear camera is a piggy back from the front facing camera. There is one connection about 15” from the rear camera, so make sure that is fully home and secure. Other than that I’m afraid it may be a duff rear camera but it’s covered by warranty.

Return it to who fitted it (if they also supplied it). Power to rear camera is a piggy back from the front facing camera. There is one connection about 15” from the rear camera, so make sure that is fully home and secure. Other than that I’m afraid it may be a duff rear camera but it’s covered by warranty.
Thanks. I bought it at Halfords but had it professionally fitted elsewhere because I didn't like how they were going to route the rear wiring. It had the problem shortly after being fitted and the guy who fitted it checked it over again and the connections are all good so I'm thinking it is a faulty camera or maybe a wire but it will go back to Halfords if it doesn't settle down. The guy who fitted it said he always uses another make of camera (Thinkware) and never had a problem with those which made me feel better about the nextbase I must say since I had considered that make until the man at Halfords persuaded me otherwise.:rolleyes:

I assume you have tried to review the rear view footage, and you get a blank screen after a few minutes also. So what you are seeing whilst driving is what is recording?

I assume you have tried to review the rear view footage, and you get a blank screen after a few minutes also. So what you are seeing whilst driving is what is recording?
I hadn't thought of that but having checked it what I see is what is recorded, yes.

Below is a full reset as provided by Millie at Nextbase, I have basically copied and pasted. It may help.
too: Do you also have the latest update R23.7 ?

PLEASE NOTE:
  • Following this process means that videos saved in the "Library" tab within the MyNextbase Connect app WILL BE DELETED. Please ensure you saved these files to your computer or laptop before proceeding if you wish to retain any files.
  • Ensure your Dash Cam is plugged into a power supply throughout this process.

Steps for Dash Cam:

1. Stop the Dash Cam from recording by tapping on the flashing recording icon at the bottom left of the screen.
  2. Tap the settings (cogwheel) icon that appears in the top left of the screen.
  3. Select "Setup" to enter the setup menu.
  4. Swipe across and tap on "Keep User Settings" tap "OFF" and tap OK.
  5. Locate, then tap on "Default Settings", tap "Yes" and tap “OK” (Your Dash Cam will restart).

Steps for iPhone

1. Open “Settings” on the phone.
  2. Select “Bluetooth” to enter the Bluetooth settings
  3. Locate your Nextbase Dash Cam in the “paired devices” list.
  4. select the "i" button on the right-hand side and “forget the device”.
  5. Delete the “MyNextbase Connect” App.
  6. Restart your phone.
  7. Reinstall “MyNextbase Connect” from the App store.

Your Dash Cam will restart from factory settings. Now follow the first time setup process again to get connected, making sure you agree to all of the permissions requested by the app (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, local network etc).

Please visit our help centre article "Can't connect to MyNextbase my smartphone" if you would like to see images relating to each step of this process. When followed correctly (and in order) this process fixes most issues customers experience.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Yes the camera has the latest update on it. Thanks for your help and that information. I've now tried that and so far so good so I hope that will solve it permanently now. I don't quite trust it but hopefully it will prove me wrong :)

Glad to have helped, hope all goes well

Back