rear camera video reversed

frustin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had my new nextbase installed yesterday (hardwired), and it's working great except the rear camera is in reverse i.e. if someone stands to the left of the rear of the car, they appear on the right on the screen.

I'm guessing this is an easy fix, but i cant find it. please help?

Hi there,

You can easily flip the image if you'd like it reversed by:

1) Turn the Dash Cam on
2) Stop it recording
3) Go into 'Settings'
4) Go into 'Driver Assistance'
5) Click 'Reversing Camera'
6) Turn On or Off as you wish.

'Reversing Camera
With a rear-facing camera connected (Rear View, Cabin View, Rear Window), tapping the Rear View Display on the screen will make it full screen (tap again to minimise). With the Reversing Camera function activated, when the Rear View Display is in full screen mode, the image will be flipped horizontally to mimic looking in a mirror, making it easier to reverse. Recordings made with Reversing Camera ON are not affected. Note: Objects may appear further away than they are in reality; always stay aware of your surroundings while driving and do not rely exclusively on the Dash Cam while reversing.
Options: On and Off
Default: Off'

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Hi there,

You can easily flip the image if you'd like it reversed by:

1) Turn the Dash Cam on
2) Stop it recording
3) Go into 'Settings'
4) Go into 'Driver Assistance'
5) Click 'Reversing Camera'
6) Turn On or Off as you wish.

'Reversing Camera
With a rear-facing camera connected (Rear View, Cabin View, Rear Window), tapping the Rear View Display on the screen will make it full screen (tap again to minimise). With the Reversing Camera function activated, when the Rear View Display is in full screen mode, the image will be flipped horizontally to mimic looking in a mirror, making it easier to reverse. Recordings made with Reversing Camera ON are not affected. Note: Objects may appear further away than they are in reality; always stay aware of your surroundings while driving and do not rely exclusively on the Dash Cam while reversing.
Options: On and Off
Default: Off'

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase
Hi Millie,

I'm looking to purchase the 622gw elite package for the new car i've just bought and had a couple of queries. It is listed on your UK nextbase site and is in my price bracket.

Firstly would hardwiring it into the car best the best option & secondly would it be able to provide me with reversing camera functionality automatically without having to faff around with buttons when i see a space i want to park in, car has no front or rear sensors and am used to my other vehicle which is a van that has a reversing camera as part of the standard fit.

Kind regards,

Andy

Hi Millie,

I'm looking to purchase the 622gw elite package for the new car i've just bought and had a couple of queries. It is listed on your UK nextbase site and is in my price bracket.

Firstly would hardwiring it into the car best the best option & secondly would it be able to provide me with reversing camera functionality automatically without having to faff around with buttons when i see a space i want to park in, car has no front or rear sensors and am used to my other vehicle which is a van that has a reversing camera as part of the standard fit.

Kind regards,

Andy
You won't get an answer out of them because they haven't been on here for four months or so.

We have read a lot of complaints lately about Nextbase and their units failing so I'd avoid going with them personally. They don't use capacitors in their cameras either leading to worse reliability in adverse weather conditions. Would look elsewhere to brands such as Viofo, who have tried and true reliable products and decent after sales support.

In order to get a tidy look in your new car, I would say hard wiring is the way to go. Nothing wrong with using the Aux socket plug but they are hard to hide and if you wanted to use the “park” mode to protect you overnight, they are not always live once ignition is turned off.
I doubt even the 622 can be used as an automatic reverse camera without some input from yourself.

Joys of technology, you would think it would be quite strightforward to have that facility or even front and rear camera with maybe one button or activated via reversing sensing/switch, glad it's a boxy car with a tow bar.

Back to the old ways if costs are silly, just going to have to find a decent local car electrical shop that knows there stuff,

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated,

Andy

Joys of technology, you would think it would be quite strightforward to have that facility or even front and rear camera with maybe one button or activated via reversing sensing/switch, glad it's a boxy car with a tow bar.

Back to the old ways if costs are silly, just going to have to find a decent local car electrical shop that knows there stuff,

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated,

Andy

Hi Andy, which new car did you purchase?
I am surprised there is no rear backup camera included, I thought those might be standard equipment these days in UK, standard on new cars in Canada since 2018.

Bought an older V70 (2009), less driver aid tech which is a bonus as you have to concentrate and think like days gone back but the reversing cam appears to be an option for mine as i've got the pop up sat nav screen out of the top of the dashboard. (have one in my work van and its a godsend in tight parking spaces)

Needed something comfortable with good seats and space to get the dog a bit of distance from me when driving as she is very vocal and moves about a lot due to excitment even though she has restraint harness plugged into seatbelts

Back