Rear dash cam installation?

winter4w

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1WH
I am wondering whats the best way to put a camera facing the back. I will like it to be hidden so no one will see it and hide the cables to charge it. I will like to know what you guys have done with your cams that make them the least noticeable. My car will be a bit tricky since it is a 1996 Lexus LS400. I have plans for the front facing cam to be a G1WH.

Here's my setup with G1WH and Lukas LK-7950WD:

DSC01914-LK-7950WD-G1WH.jpg

Cigarette lighter.

I am wondering whats the best way to put a camera facing the back. I will like it to be hidden so no one will see it...

I suggest that you choose a small & discreet camera for the rear screen, as the traditional brick on a stick looks ridiculous in that location. Here's my setup...

image.jpg image.jpg

Here is the most stealthiest I was able to go at the moment:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-custom-made-set-up-for-vw-passat-b6-3c.7791/

you can achieve this by using an X1.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/panorama-x1-remote-lens-sony-exmor-imx322-wdr-gps.8500/

or as @russ331 mentioned, play around with Mobius. Depending on your skills and fantasy you can achiev different results.

Below was my Mobius DIY set-up 1.5y ago.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mobius-diy-built-in-into-rear-centre-brake-light.2372/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks I will look into those smaller cams for the back. For the front I would like to get a G1WH but with my car it would be hard to stealth it. I have a metallic gold color as the interior. Since most cams are black they will be hard to hide. For those who don't have a black interior what did you do best to hide your cams?

You can paint any dashcam to what ever colour you need. It is fairly simple to do on G1W series, but be aware - with any DIY you void warranty.

You can paint any dashcam to what ever colour you need. It is fairly simple to do on G1W series, but be aware - with any DIY you void warranty.
What I might do is just take it off if I don't feel it is in a safe area. I am guessing it is easy to take off and on?

What I might do is just take it off if I don't feel it is in a safe area. I am guessing it is easy to take off and on?

It is fairly easy to take off.
Two choices to remove:
1. along with suction mount.
2. remove just unit and leave suction mount on windshield

It is fairly easy to take off.
Two choices to remove:
1. along with suction mount.
2. remove just unit and leave suction mount on windshield
Ok would you say this website has a legit cam on it?

Ok would you say this website has a legit cam on it?
Yes, I bought the same model from them almost a year ago.
As you saw on my reply above, it's on the rear window.

Yes, I bought the same model from them almost a year ago.
As you saw on my reply above, it's on the rear window.
Ok guess I will buy it from them then. Are they located in the US?

Back