Rear dash cam installation?

How did you source power for this Mobius?

It's powered from the rear accessory socket, which is provided because my car doesn't have a spare tyre, so it's for the compressor that would inflate a flat tyre after I inject the can of mousse into it ... which probably won't work :(

I allmost got the same setup as russ331, i just have my camera attached to the frame on my little hatch in the back.
Quite nice and i dont have a single heating element in my footage as the lens of my mobius is right up against the glass.

If you have 3 headrests in that lexus you might be able to mount the camera off the mittle one, i did that witl my old 4 channel setup using analog CCTV cameras.
It was pretty stealthy but offcourse beeing so far from the glass i did have all the heating elements in the rear window in the footage.

I got some lighters on the back doors of my car so I have plans to power my rear cam with one of those but I would like something more simple and less showing cables.

one other thing to consider - the LS400 doesn't have a rear wiper. so you'll need to put the camera low enough for the defroster lines to clear the view for the camera. i had to mount my a118c about 6" down from the headliner on my camry so that its lens would be next to the top defroster line. my solution for "stealth" was a bumper sticker at the top center of my window, which the camera lens is just below. so a lot like the front, all you can see is the lens itself, and then only if you know what you're looking for.

as for power, i ran the power cord around the edge of the headliner to the front overhead console, where i tapped into the sunroof wiring. this will be much easier than coming down the B-pillars and thrn through the back door hinge and wiring loom. be careful doing this (in headliner) if you have side curtain airbags. you don't want the power cord to be in the way of the airbags if you ever need them!

one other thing to consider - the LS400 doesn't have a rear wiper. so you'll need to put the camera low enough for the defroster lines to clear the view for the camera. i had to mount my a118c about 6" down from the headliner on my camry so that its lens would be next to the top defroster line. my solution for "stealth" was a bumper sticker at the top center of my window, which the camera lens is just below. so a lot like the front, all you can see is the lens itself, and then only if you know what you're looking for.

as for power, i ran the power cord around the edge of the headliner to the front overhead console, where i tapped into the sunroof wiring. this will be much easier than coming down the B-pillars and thrn through the back door hinge and wiring loom. be careful doing this (in headliner) if you have side curtain airbags. you don't want the power cord to be in the way of the airbags if you ever need them!
Yea I know I have a spot in the rear I might mount it. Where I am (A desert :p) the defroster is not really much of a worry but I will still make sure it is not in the way of it.

Back