Recommendations for a first new Dashcam

...I am finding that GPS is more of a gimmick on dash cams that is fun and interesting to play with but not really useful or even legally actionable. If I were buying another camera such as the A119 I would not opt for the GPS version.
I personally find it useful in 2 ways: 1) Keeps the time on all my cameras the same and 2) Generally when I'm looking for something specific I usually know where it happened much more reliably than when it happened so using a 'GPS aware' viewer like RV makes it easy to find a specific incident.

But GPS obviously sells a lot of dash cams, as you well know, along with other bells and whistles. Video quality and reliability is the ultimate feature set.

they do sell it as a non GPS version, the GPS version is slightly more popular though (I think from what I've heard), for anyone that didn't want this data at least they have the option not to purchase the GPS in the first place, it's obviously an added expense on a model where it is built in, choice is a good thing

personally I think that people talking about wanting to selectively turn it on or off makes no sense, you either have it or you don't, so when they have it on they will magically never have anything go wrong, long odds I would think
+1

I personally find it useful in 2 ways: 1) Keeps the time on all my cameras the same and 2) Generally when I'm looking for something specific I usually know where it happened much more reliably than when it happened so using a 'GPS aware' viewer like RV makes it easy to find a specific incident.

Yeah, I guess so. I certainly see what you are saying @DT MI, GPS has certain merits for sure, but time and time again I keep going back to the basic high quality, totally reliable dash cam concept like the Mobius. I do enjoy the GPS features of my SG9665GC but I'm happy I can unplug it.

I am glad to have been made aware the GPS cannot be switched off as this now has me back to square one looking for a dash cam. I have 2 vehicles with one being a Jeep Wrangler (vertical windshield). My plan was to purchase either the A119 or A119s with GPS (new version) and a second logger for vehicle #2 and primarily use GPS logger for the quick release and additional windshield clearance. I am aware the newer version has a 'thicker' adhesive mount to accommodate the CPL but reviews also show the flat adhesive mounts as cumbersome for quick detach.

Hi guys, i came across this one:

AutoBot eye 1PC Car DVR 1080P Full HD 150 Degree Recorder

What your opinion about it? My only concern is the battery

Hi guys, i came across this one:

AutoBot eye 1PC Car DVR 1080P Full HD 150 Degree Recorder

What your opinion about it? My only concern is the battery
Shoudnt buy from Gearbest. Find a local seller.

beside the site, what your opinion about this model/cam/company?
In my country, there is a big company which import, advertise and sell this model. But be silence after short time so i guess it's not reliable, that why i advice you buy from local seller.
Image quality: suck.
Wifi: suck.
Pro: discreet.
Cheap.

Back