How up to date are the recommendations here:
https://dashcamtalk.com/what-to-buy/

I'm looking for a lipstick cam with remote recorder. My preferences are:
- 2Mp @ 15fps
- Good nighttime
- GPS
- Accelerometer
- FoV at least 120 degrees

Closest thing I can find is the Innovv C3 (https://dashcamtalk.com/innovv-c3/), but like all the rest it has its problems.

I want a front and back camera, and it would stand to reason to have one DVR for both.

There are few 2ch systems out there with one dvr unit and two remote lens, however they are not fully reliable.

Ok, individual systems are alright too. It just looks like the recommendations guide is not up to date.

No GPS which is why I didn't mention it, not really spoilt for choice for this type of product though

me also didnt mention for long time, but there are no any other practical options out there. And also I don't remember any remote lens dashcams around with 15Fps. Most of them are 30Fps.

@Quantum, - why you need 15Fps and how important is GPS logger data for you ( what for ? )

I would assume the 15FPS want is based of conserving memory space / having more time on the SD card before it recycle old footage.
But ! if its a car you drive regularly i dont see a need for that, if you captured anything worth saving just back that singel file up ( on phone in the car if need be, but offcourse if you have a fruit phone that will not happen due to them not having a slot for a memory card )
Or backup at home, if you dont drive super much every day making the card recycle before you get home, in that case you can just lock files from beeing recycled by pressing the event button when it happen.

GPS is indeed nice and i myself prefer it too, but in a pinch speed can be determined by the footage, so its not a biggie for me if i see a camera that otherwise catch my intrest.

But i am the kind of guy that would take a dashcam that whent into B&W mode on the pitch black back roads if that mode was supported by 2 large IR lights i could install where fog lights would normally be on my car.
That way i would have fully illuminated footage in B&W when i am driving on the pitch balck backroads where current dashcams only capture what is 0 - 30 M in front of my headlights.

yeah, for parking mode it would be nice to have dashcam switching automatically from 30 to 15Fps while car is parked to save memory card space. Some dashcams systems out there has this feature, but mostly they are bulky in size.

I should have said a minimum of 15fps. Yes it would be nice if it could cut to 15 while parked.

I saw the SG cam, but I don't need a big fat display like that. Phone is preferable. All I need is a discrete DVR tucked away somewhere that has wifi. I may have to make time to knock something up with an Intel NUC running Linux and networked lipstick cameras. The new NUC now has IRIS graphics. Maybe I can figure out a way to flange that into my Tesla display.

I was ( and still is ) a fan of Blackvue design of their "lipstick style" series, however performance is not up to my personal choice. At the moment myself personally don't know any good reliable "lipstick" style WiFi dashcam that I could recommend.

I may have to make time to knock something up with an Intel NUC running Linux and networked lipstick cameras. The new NUC now has IRIS graphics. Maybe I can figure out a way to flange that into my Tesla display.

What kind of cameras would you use for this setup? I think I'm in the same boat as you and your original post and would love to try something like this.

Back