Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware U1000
-WiFi router: EE mini WiFi router
- Recording mode: Motion
- All network functions: ON

From my thinkware app, I can see the last connection to DashCam approx 1 min ago.. but when pressing live view it will not connect and will throw up error message 'the connection to remote live view has failed".

I have tested my Wi-Fi router is working properly by connecting with my phone and using YouTube.

But why won't it connect remotely from to thinkware app for live view. It shows the last update time as very recent but it won't show live view? Very strange.

What phone do you have please?

I am using Samsung Galaxy fold 2

I had one other call from a Dealer and a customer who had that phone last week having issue with the newer 'Link' app. Any chance of a screenshot of the 'About' screens on the phone with Model / Firmware Version etc please? If at all possible a Screen Recording of the issue would be handy. I can pass these to TW in Korea then for investigation.

Also make sure you don't have a VPN active on the phone as that causes various issues. If the phone has any Security like Virus protection it may be worth trying to disable that also as a test.

Cheers
Steve

Back